Sign in to follow this  
Opticalsnare

WarFX Particles

If that rifleman was a proficient pilot, he may just do that.. Hardly the point though. The 'authenticity' that people seek in this sandbox, to do what ever you want, is in the as-close-to-realistic response of the hardware and AI. Nitpicking about a rifleman flying has little bearing unless you also want M.P.'s checking rating and clearance when kitting-up on base.. Come to think about it, that wouldn't be that bad... nvm.

Can't wait to see the explosions you're holding back OS. Must be some humdingers.

Counter-measures/realistic reload animations for each weapon/ weapon jams, vehicle performance/weapons/interfaces are the only things I think that need to be refined and added.

:)

Hell yeah to that! The animations would be a big step but still one to go IMO.

Is it possible to make animations??

So far, it seems to be "impossible" from the feedback I got from this other giant mod team but if it is possible, HELL YEAH, we need a TON of animations! reloading, mag check, proper primary weapon slinging to the front, AND LOTS MORE!

So far, it seems to be "impossible" from the feedback I got from this other giant mod team but if it is possible, HELL YEAH, we need a TON of animations! reloading, mag check, proper primary weapon slinging to the front, AND LOTS MORE!

More animators FTW! I would say; Fix the existing games, don't make new ones! ;)

oh yeah, even good old counter strike 1.6 got better reloading animations than ArmA II

Doubt they can make it happen but voted positive anyways. :)

yes i think BIS change this never but hope dies last :)

yes i think BIS change this never but hope dies last :)

I just don't see how this is astronomically difficult and why the incredible reluctance to make it happen...sigh... its been possible since counterstrike more than 10 years ago.

Thats a good question, theres alot of config files and tools on armaholic, havent really looked into anything, but im sure if BIS added some lines of code we could create our own.

I for one would fix the default "ready up position" since it looks really funny.

and fix the points where the character holds onto the foregrips/pistol grips on rifles etc, since the hand always is going through the mesh of the weapon, create one per class of weapon It would look alot more detailed.

Same for the weapons, animating all the weapons in Arma 2 is not an easy task, but at least they could create animations accordingly, Sniper rifles especially ones with Bolts, need the operator to pull bolt back after each shot, no magic involved, Shoulder rocket launchers need simple assembly animation, and 3 animations for rifles etc since they dont really differ.

Im sure BIS could release tools to aid with animation if they haven't already done so.

Hate to say it but its one of the few things thats actually somewhat right in Cashpoint: Dragon Falling. ;)

Well, I don't know if Arma2 back to OFP uses a very complex animation system wich isn't at all like the regular Shoot-em-up games out there.

It's always very stiff moves in Arma2 wich I dont like.

I hope modders with animators can make it happen.... Although if I were BI i would fucking pay them cause animations are sooo hard to do without motion capture.

sigh, I hate to admit this too but the reload animations of Operation Failpoint (what I see from videos...never bought nor played it before) is the only thing that beats ArmA2 (eventhough there are still many inaccuracies like pulling the charging handle everytime the M4 is reloaded. In RL the charging handle needs only be cocked once and the bolt stays in the backwards position when the rounds run out. Ok, the FLIR and the working laser pointer rocks too.)

Could WarFX produce these miracles for us all? :(

(seriously, I see many secondlife players making all kinds of animations without any motion capture so its definitely possible)

Edited by jasonnoguchi

Well, I don't know if Arma2 back to OFP uses a very complex animation system wich isn't at all like the regular Shoot-em-up games out there.

It's always very stiff moves in Arma2 wich I dont like.

I hope modders with animators can make it happen.... Although if I were BI i would fucking pay them cause animations are sooo hard to do without motion capture.

I Know that BIS owns their own MO-CAP studio, but I'll give them some more time, they're a very small game company, plus Arma 2 was a huge undertaking and only being released 9 months ago I would see how they would focus alittle more on something else rather than animating the 100+ weapons ingame, seeing how its a simulator too, you would need alot of detail in them, multiple staged animations for things like Mounted MG's with overheats, barrel changes, reloading yada yada.

@Jason: Well theres a few things I love about Cashpoint: Dragon Falling, Mission editor is nice even though its nowhere near as competitive with A2's its very clean and it works so I give CM that, also I think the Sound effects and Voice acting is Perfect, right in the middle of Hollywood and Real life I think and the Speed of Sound in that game is perfect and I like how the AI will get into vehicles and Statics without order or waypoints/scripts, really wish A2's AI did that, also the particle effects are nice. But EGO is fundamentally flawed by Design. Theres way too many limitations in the engine then with CM porting it to consoles and leaving it the same for PC.

No more comment on DR, it brings my RAGE OUT! :dancehead: LOL

ANYWAYS WE ARE GOING WAY OFF TOPIC!!

OS show them explosions again!! I need to know if I need to do another load of laundry so I can pick up more soap before I go get Mass Effect 2 in two hours. ;)

why has rather never a moder worked on the reload aniamtions?

claerly this is 100% a BIS job but ther is so many mods but not for reload animations :confused:

sry Opticalsnare for ot

vote ;)

¦

V

Edited by bensdale

You are correct this addon was never about realism.

ok any chance you add some line code in the user config to be able to turn off some effects like muzzleflashes ?

To get rid of this smoke problem, try to load this mods first: -mod=@CBA;Warfx;Ace;Acex;Acex_sm...etc....etc

As you can see, warfx MUST come before ACE.

:yay:

To get rid of this smoke problem, try to load this mods first: -mod=@CBA;Warfx;Ace;Acex;Acex_sm...etc....etc

As you can see, warfx MUST come before ACE.

:yay:

This is my order...

-mod=@WarFXParticles;@CBA;@SLX;@JTD;@BWMod;@Weather;@ACE;@ACEX;@BMD_1;@ACEX_SM;@ACEX_PLA;@Oden;@CSM2

Makes no difference for me...

I got rid of blocky smoke but I had to swap every occurence of "warfxPE\ParticleEffects\Universal\Universal" by default "\ca\Data\ParticleEffects\Universal\Universal" in config.cpp as well as disabling many custom cloudlets.

Basically, that's reverting to vanilla destruction smoke. That still looks good and it's compatible with CBA / GL4.

any word on tracers opticalsnare?

if you dont want to do it , could you tell me where to find the file and what program i need to mess with it?

Swap CBA and WarFX round then like he put in his modline...

This part shouldn't make a difference really. WarFX has CBA as a RequiredAddon, thus if CBA exists in the modline at all it WILL be loaded before WarFX regardless of their relative position in the mod line.

WarFX's order relative to other particle-affecting addons on the other hand, that can be important :)