Sign in to follow this  
Opticalsnare

WarFX Particles

I hope it will be out soon. Whats the actual status?

Yes, it's done when it's done :D

Cor thanks mate thats really really appreciated :D

The status on the mods are pretty good im trying to get everything ready for one big release, i cant really give a eta but atm id say very soon, theres been no problems so far either and everything is working as it should ie no more blocky smoke particles and stuff like that which might cause conflicts with other mods also theres a few versions going be floating about like snow,muddy & desert versions theres also a full and lite version. The muzzleflash & shell casings are going good also and should be ready to go soon is well, its def going to be one hell of a big package. :)

The status on the mods are pretty good im trying to get everything ready for one big release, i cant really give a eta but atm id say very soon, theres been no problems so far either and everything is working as it should ie no more blocky smoke particles and stuff like that which might cause conflicts with other mods also theres a few versions going be floating about like snow,muddy & desert versions theres also a full and lite version. The muzzleflash & shell casings are going good also and should be ready to go soon is well, its def going to be one hell of a big package. :)

Sure sounds like it.... I dont believe in god, but I believe in ambitious people, love and miracles. :D You're the man.

:eek:

I love you...

Sure hope to see the muzzleflashes and Tugnuska givin' flames form shell ejection ports :D

Didnt you say you made such thing happen?

Sounds Epic, I really appreciate your work OS. Have a batch of warm cookies. :)

big question, once the new version comes out how to i replace it with the old 1.3 version? just delete the old @warFXparticles folder in the Arma2 folder and replace it? or is there an un-installation process that needs to be done?

same as you would updating any mod. just delete the old pbo files and drop the new ones in the @warFX\addons folder ;)

no need to uninstall anything.

same as you would updating any mod. just delete the old pbo files and drop the new ones in the @warFX\addons folder ;)

no need to uninstall anything.

but just for name sake, it would be ok just to throw the whole folder away right and replace it with the new one?

Yes you can throw the whole folder away, it doesnt make any difference, do how you prefer to do. :)

exactly, you can make a whole new folder and name it @bestdamnparticleseverzomg or anything you want. makes no difference, just keep the \addons and \key folder inside.

Just to clarify, is the .bikey file a needed one if you're just running the mod?

I was under the impression that the key files were for running a server that supports the mod.

I keep a thumb drive with all my "raw" mods on it (to keep them seperate/safe).

In my programs/bohemia/arma2 folder, I put the "@mod-x" folder, inside of which is an "addons" folder...

...and inside the "addons", I put my .pbos and .bisigns.

Now, inside programs/bohemia/arma2 is another folder called "keys", which is where I've been storing all my .bikeys...

thinking if I ever host a session, that's where they'd need to be.

So I'm asking:

(AnimalMother92, or whoever knows)

Who's right here?

What do the keys do, and where should they be?

No disrespect. Maybe I misunderstand your post. I just thought I had that part figured out, and my understanding conflicts with what was written above.

Thanks.

I gave it another try. Using ACE and some additional soundmods, WarFXParticles at the end. Nice to see chromatic scope effects back in ACE, not sure if ACE or WarFX fixed it, but they were incompatible in the past.

But, bullet hits in ground is still on the insane side, producing way too much smoke/dust. So I have to (yet again) disable it for now...

@Ben Endless

To quote someone who actually would know:

All keys should be placed inside the Arma2/keys folder. If an archive contains a folder in which the key is placed just move it to that default key folder.

However, as a client you do not need those keys. Only servers need to add the keys of those addons they allow to be used on their server when using the "verifySignatures" command in their server config.

So, if you have no intention to host your own server don't bother with those keys ;)

I gave it another try. Using ACE and some additional soundmods, WarFXParticles at the end. Nice to see chromatic scope effects back in ACE, not sure if ACE or WarFX fixed it, but they were incompatible in the past.

But, bullet hits in ground is still on the insane side, producing way too much smoke/dust. So I have to (yet again) disable it for now...

As i already said theres a lite version which reduces most of the effects. :j:

Yeah, stop whining about the smoke. Ive seen so many videos and irl bullet hits that shows a long lasting smoke after the bullethits, although theyre random and not the same every time, wich is the law of nature..

It's therefore good as it is, or go with vanilla. But OS is a great guy wich makes 2 versions. I wouldn't. :D

OH yeahh two version lite and heavy thats it ...i want heavy smoke impactdust from rifles, but the HE impacts from tanks are to high i have it 4 fps when i shoot with HE ammo...by the HE ammo not so many dust but more mud thats it ...hell yeahh opticalsnare is godlike:D

As i already said theres a lite version which reduces most of the effects. :j:

Im not whining here and i know you will release a "lite" version as well, but i think most people like your whole addon just that some dust impacts could be tweaked a bit smaller.

Anyway, looking forward to the new version(s) big time. :)

Well what ive been doing is using alot random vars on effects, so impacts are slighty more random still in a set scale like but it breaks up some of the effects which after while start looking the same for example the secondary explosions and stuff like that. Theres also some better effects for the impacts themselfs ie they are more faster and intense rather than just a big puff of smoke as before. The current version of the mod is based on a desert eviro mostly, but the differnce bewteen the 3 versions of like desert, muddy & snow are basicly the muddy version only kicks up dirt rather than dust and tanks spew dirt and mud out their tracks insted of large dust clouds and helicopters downwash is more dirt and leaves and stuff like that rather than the dust. The effects for winter are basicly the same but stuff is more snowy and dirty rather than dusty. I will proberly be beta testing this to a few friends ive made here so they can have alook before the main release, i also want to make sure that the problems with blocky textures are indeed fixed and not just on my end this will also make it better for the rest of the public as i can fix any problems before.

But anyway another weekend is here so i can get stuck in and work hard getting stuff finished.

Edited by Opticalsnare

hey opticalsnare ...i would be a beta tester for your new version !!;)

Oh yeah one thing ive been trying to do today is this like engine exhuasts and also fire from the engines so if a C130 gets damaged the engines start catching fire rather than the whole thing in one big fireball and also have bits of flaming debris and stuff fly off insted when it gets destoryed.

Oh btw i fixed the damage smoke not working.

Edited by Opticalsnare