Sign in to follow this  
Opticalsnare

WarFX Particles

Hi Opticlasnare,

Could you also add tracks on the ground?

Tino

Hi Opticlasnare,

Could you also add tracks on the ground?

Tino

Heh, good ol OFP! :) Dunno why they havent put in tracks in Arma2? Both from vehicles and people.

I dont think OS is able to implement that... :j:

ArmA1 also had tracks on the ground. And i think i saw it in the first versions of ARMA2. i think...

Nice update info Optical. Sounds super. Thanks. :)

@OS, an interesting idea came to my mind and I am wondering if you would be including something like the helmet flying off on a head shot or something like that when you have the time to do so? :)

@OS, an interesting idea came to my mind and I am wondering if you would be including something like the helmet flying off on a head shot or something like that when you have the time to do so? :)

Why not make the heads explode? Or the hands, feet :)

lol dunno maybe havnt really done much about blood or gore yet. Anyway still working on current stuff sounds,muzzleflashes and particles mod and some weapons and ai tweaks.

Sound Mod is pretty much done tho, changes all the weapons and eviroment and stuff most of the land based vehicles and some aircraft like harrier and russian fighter/bombers are also edited, left the A10 and Helicopters alone for the moment as theres 2 good mods that are about for them.

The muzzleflashes and shell casings are coming along good and should be ready soon. The new effects mod is almost finished is well, its mostly polishing up some effects and making sure its compatible with other mods, i think ive fixed the blocky textures that people have reported is well. Although will test all these mods prior to being publicly released.

The AI and Weapons tweaks are done, its a sep addon so its not needed for anything basicly its focased towards gameplay rather than realism but not in terms of silly arcadish like 30hits to kill someone or anything like that.

Anyway not long now till its all good and ready. :)

Awesome man! This looks and sounds amazing

Any chance you could make some awesome smoke effects to go along with this? Like JTD Smoke effects. The reason I ask is because there is some impenetrable force-field that does not allow me to use WarFX and JTD together...Its sad. I'm sure they look awesome together...:(

As a matter of fact i have made some smoke effects for burning vehicles it looks very good with JTDs mod.

@OS, would you be making a userconfig so we could turn off sounds and AI if we wanted to? The true beauty of WarFX for me is the FX... I run other sound mod and AI mod so I hope that liberty remains open for us. :)

@OS, would you be making a userconfig so we could turn off sounds and AI if we wanted to? The true beauty of WarFX for me is the FX... I run other sound mod and AI mod so I hope that liberty remains open for us. :)

The userconfig is actually a cool idea, hmm. I guess I was thinking he was going to offer the warFX package with multiple pbos and that you could simply the discard the ones you didn't want. Like an "AI.pbo" and "tracers.pbo" and it would be up to the user to choose. userconfig might be cleaner however..

As a matter of fact i have made some smoke effects for burning vehicles it looks very good with JTDs mod.

Awesome. Its just I cannot use JTD with WarFX for some reason so Im stuck with one or the other and yours offers much more but I just hate seeing the smoke dissapear after 5 mins or less. Would be really appreciated if you could make some nice, long lasting smoke effects for your mod.

Still, you're epic. :D

@Animal, actually having a disabled folder in there helps as well, either way will do as long as players get to choose. :)

---------- Post added at 04:38 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:36 AM ----------

Why not make the heads explode? Or the hands, feet :)

hahhaha, yeah, i think its impossible for parts to explode due to the way models are handled in arma2..so... however, helmet is possible because a helmet model can be spawned using the handledamage thing through eventhandle just like spawning dust or sparks on bullet impact.

The userconfig is actually a cool idea, hmm. I guess I was thinking he was going to offer the warFX package with multiple pbos and that you could simply the discard the ones you didn't want. Like an "AI.pbo" and "tracers.pbo" and it would be up to the user to choose. userconfig might be cleaner however..

Yeh thats correct :)

hi opticalsnare,

as i wrote to ya with my 1st tiny donation towards u, the 1.4 WIP vids just looks and sounds freakn awesome.

this release will kick ass hehee. keep up the good work soldier and thx 4 your effort and work for/to the community.

ps:

That video is really nice, and as said those cannon sounds you should wrap up in a modular pbo and release as a cannon sound add-on :)

due upcoming sounds in 1.4, if possible, plz do release it in some modular way! that would make it easy to handle with all those other modular soundmods out there, and users can easily mix'n combine soundmods to their personal taste! plz click, scroll down and see, why to go modular, thx.

mr.g-c wrote here(no quote pssible cause closed)

Mods like ACE and SLX, etc. should have deserved a own Categorie like "Full Conversion Mods" , while all "smaller ones" could be packed into a categorie like "Mods and Addons"....

Just my Opinion.

mine too :cool:

over and out

Edited by Chaostika7-17th

Thanks ever so much it is def a morale boost and gives me alot of motivation towards the mods im working on and stuff planned for the future. :)

The sound mod will be and is completely modular theres going to be differnt ones to choose from like what weapons so each will be its own to enable or disable, and the same goes for vehicle weapons, explosions and vehicle sounds, environment sounds etc etc. But again thanks for your donation its really gave me support. :)

Nice! I dunno how you do it man!

Your awesome cant wait for all your projects! :D

I hope the WarFX mod is out soon.. :) I've been playing PR 0.9 now instead of Arma2, because that game doesnt lag and I don't wanna get tired totally of Arma2 when WarFX and other OS mods are outta the door.

How's it going with the muzzleflashes mate? Those are the most needed, for me atleast. :D I know your sounds will rock aswell though.