Sign in to follow this  
TeRp

BWMod release thread

It's an unfortunate engine limitation I believe - each sight (3X and red dot in this case) has to have its own magazine for some reason. So switching means you switch to another mag. The animation problems might be overcome though.

k hope it can be fixed in some ways thank ya.

love the mod, you can tell the work that's gone into them!

I have a tiny issue though, Arma2 goes very very slightly choppy when I have any amount of the units on screen. I originally thought it was my imagination but did a series of tests with other units and found it was just these. I wonder if i'm conflicting somewhere, has anyone else had an issue like this?

love the mod, you can tell the work that's gone into them!

I have a tiny issue though, Arma2 goes very very slightly choppy when I have any amount of the units on screen. I originally thought it was my imagination but did a series of tests with other units and found it was just these. I wonder if i'm conflicting somewhere, has anyone else had an issue like this?

Do u hav @CBA in ur mod folder if so drop it and see if it helps , it workedfor me

regards padu

well, as they say in germany,

Gehen BWMod!

(go BWMod, lol)

[...]

Panzerfaust damage will be changed in the upcoming version, it's damage has been significantly reduced and the 'magazine' size has been changed to reflect the actual weight of the tube.

A tire damage model will be added once the BIS samples are available and we can take a look at how they've done it.

How does the Nebelwerfer (smoke thrower) of the Fuchs work?
The driver can use the smoke dispensers, just switch 'weapons' from horn to smoke dispensers.
While the latter is a purely cosmetic issue, the inability to turn in water is really something that needs to be worked on, imho.
Changing how the Fuchs behaves in water would require changes in how the vehicle handles on land as well as changes in the model.

As the Fuchs isn't meant to cross oceans but rivers or lakes it should be easy to move the Fuchs into the right direction before moving into water. :)

This is why we won't be fixing that issue in the upcoming release(s) but we'll definitely look at in later releases.

Is a P8 and a MP7 in the works?

No P8 yet, but there'll be a MP7A1 once we start working on crew models for tanks and helicopters.

Cheers, TeRp

Edited by TeRp

I've created an SP mission, it's currently beta 1.0. Here is the thread. Check it out! Still some minor, but not game breaking bugs with the mission. Have fun!

Have you guys started on the Wiesel? I loved that thing in ARMA, what a genius for the man who designed the AWC and the person for bringing it into ARMA.

... there'll be a MP7A1 once we start working on crew models for tanks and helicopters.
Would it be possible to equip a (e.g. G82-)Sniper with a MP7 as Backup? Maybe in the Pistol slot. That would not only make sense in game, but seems to be realistic, too:

http://i475.photobucket.com/albums/rr120/forty2_2008/Bundeswehr-Scharfschtzen75.jpg

looking forward v much to this being complete, i didnt realize it was beta and were getting more units!

is it just me, or is the g36 the best assault rifle in the game ? i definitely like it loads better than the m4 you use in the campaign...i wonder how accurate that is irl.

Wikipedia.de says, its dispersion diameter would be on average 17cm on 100m with standard issue ammo. No clue what MOA value that is. Certainly not a sniper rifle, but quite ok for an assault rifle. The K- and C-versions with shorter barrel will of course have slightly worse values.

In game it's a different matter, they are not zeroed in properly. The center of the circle should be good for a 200m distance, but in game, shooting at targets 200m away, the bullet misses that point and hits a bit lower. If you scope in on very near targets, you are supposed to aim with the center, too, and expect a hit just a very small bit above that. However, in game you will see that the hit is just above the lowest cross, i.e. like the target was 700m away, and not 10m in front of you. Very unlogical.

Explanation of the reticle marks here: http://de.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Datei:G36Reticle.png&filetimestamp=20080313214209

But that are BIS' faults, and they might be corrected in some future official patch, so let's hope for that. I would however like to see an AG36 version, i.e. with grenade launcher, and in case someone does such an addon, he might correct the aiming, too.

Wiki is having it wrong.

All rifles are of course shot at HK before beeing delivered and they official maximum dispersion at 100m is 10 cm.

The usual G36 rather has an actual dispersion of 4-5 cm though.

Basicaly anything from 3-7cm is realistic from weapon to weapon and shooter to shooter of course.

Wiki is spot on concerning the sights though.

One can comment though that the plain G36(a) we have ingame is not the sole standard right now.

The A1 and A2 variants are sneaking into the picture with different handguards, matching rail systems and most promenantly replacing the fixed red dot with various modular pieces ( most prominantly a Zeiss reddot ).

bundesheer_filzwieser_dsc7010.jpg

2mma895.jpg

Edited by Hunin

Panzerfaust damage will be changed in the upcoming version, it's damage has been significantly reduced
How much damage does the PzFst3 right now and how much is the new value?

I also wonder how I can find out myself about damage values. :confused:

I've created an SP mission, it's currently beta 1.0. Here is the thread. Check it out! Still some minor, but not game breaking bugs with the mission. Have fun!

Looks like a fun mission, but I didn't find the time to finish it yet. Intro is superb, but there's a lot of error messages popping up. Also, there is no "weapon" BWMod_PzF_3, just a magazine. The weapon is just "BWMod_PzF".

Once it is finished can we include it in our next release?

Have you guys started on the Wiesel? I loved that thing in ARMA, what a genius for the man who designed the AWC and the person for bringing it into ARMA.

There might be a Wiesel once Helifreak find's some spare time, but for the time being there is not much hope. :(

Would it be possible to equip a (e.g. G82-)Sniper with a MP7 as Backup? Maybe in the Pistol slot. That would not only make sense in game, but seems to be realistic, too:

http://i475.photobucket.com/albums/rr120/forty2_2008/Bundeswehr-Scharfschtzen75.jpg

We haven't decided on that particular issue as we have delayed that decision until we've actually started working on the MP7A1.

How much damage does the PzFst3 right now and how much is the new value?

I also wonder how I can find out myself about damage values. :confused:

There is an allInOneConfig hidden somewhere on dev-heaven.net, I think you can find it using Google though. Just download it and open it with a text editor, it has all the damage and armor values.

Cheers TeRp

I found out that the BWMod 1.1 causes a malfunction with the camera.sqs

The bullet cam in Kronzky´s targetrange is also not working with the BWMod 1.1.

Wow, that's odd.

Consider it fixed as camera.sqs is working fine in the current beta build.

The problem with the camera.sqs is that it is not possible to repeatedly activate the camera. You open it once and when you close it, then it's not possible to open it again. Strange issue.

Uhm, okay. I'll try reproducing this behavior over the weekend to see if it still happens in the current beta build.

will we see also new MG3 and MG4 in future ? please , it would be nice

Why, because there is a tiny thing wrong or two?

Just use yours if you think they are so much better.