Sign in to follow this  
TeRp

BWMod release thread

The IdZ is in service with basicaly all troops in active warzones - Afghanistan only.

Soldiers who currently deploy to Astan in a combat role get a mix of IdZ, SIE and individually acquired gear.

SIE stands for Soldat Im Einsatz. It basically consists of the protective and load carrying gear from IdZ as well as some other small additions.

A lot of companies, that deploy, also often purchase additional gear on their own.

complete systems of IdZ are not really widespread withing our armed forces. A lot of stuff like NVG's, weapon equipment etc. are seen a lot more then the whole system.

Therefore recreating modern day bundeswehr forces is fairly difficult as there is a lot of different gear floating around. You can, for instance, see a lot of gear in both LLBrig's that you wont find anywhere else in the bw because companies buy their own gear. On the other hand it seems that the most of the other units stick to the normal gear (IdZ and SIE)

As a conclusion: Recreating german infantry is very difficult gear wise as there is a lot of individual kit floating around...

Yes, crystal clear on that.

Bad worded on my end because the conversation was about body armor originaly.

Thanks for all the feedback so far, it's appreciated.

And a big sorry for all the bugs, looks like quite a lot slipped through.

We're keeping a close eye on most of the community forums to gather all the bug reports and we will definitely release a bug fix soon (about 1 or 2 weeks).

And again on the troop issue as this topic is brought up by vilas everytime there is a BWMod thread: we're doing front line troops as ArmA 2 is meant for combat scenarios and that's where you'll see that equipment.

There won't be any other equipment, that'd be too much of a workload for too less gain.

I have to say thank you for releasing that outstanding work and not holding it back until every little detail is polished. It's absolutely playable right now and a lot of people enjoy it very much.

The texture quality is quite impressive and the equipment is very enjoyable. The MG3 is a charm. The G36 optic fix without the salvo mode is so comfortable. The Fuchs is excellent. The PzFst3 is awesome.

Some minor quirks here and there, but that doesn't matter as you said it will be fixed.

Do you have plans to give the Leica Vector IV laser range finding ability?

The sight of the M82 should have 6-24x magnification. Seems to be the normal M107 right now.

It would be helpful to have a BW emblem in the Armory that the equipment can be found quickly.

I'm really excited to see what you will come up with, in the future of the BW Mod. Please keep up the good work.

Beste Grüße

I have to say thank you for releasing that outstanding work and not holding it back until every little detail is polished. It's absolutely playable right now and a lot of people enjoy it very much.

I can certainly echo Gladius' sentiments, same high BW Mod quality. Looking forward to more. :)

Do you have plans to give the Leica Vector IV laser range finding ability?

We'll do that in one of the upcoming releases, but since you can easily find out distances using the "command-button" it's not really on top of our todo list.

The sight of the M82 should have 6-24x magnification. Seems to be the normal M107 right now.

We're using the BIS model for now, that's why the model is quite off (wrong sights, wrong magnification). However, we will do our own G82A1.

It would be helpful to have a BW emblem in the Armory that the equipment can be found quickly.

Thanks, I'll look into that on the weekend.

I read somewhere (maybe in another forum) that the BW mod should be played without any other addons.

Does this literally mean that BW should be the only addition to a vanilla installation of ArmA2 or does it only mean no other unit and weapon mod should be active together with the BW mod?

Well, back in OFP there were a lot of mods that made drastic changes to BIS' core configs resulting in a lot of bugs when used with other addons/mods that relied on unchanged BIS configs (like ours).

As a consequence, saying "Don't play BWMod with any other mods" isn't right.

But if you encounter bugs you should first make sure that it is not caused by an addon conflict: disable any other addons and try to reproduce the bug.

If it still occurs it's a bug in our BWMod addons, if not it's a conflict with some other addon.

What chris meant was more of a 'BWMod might not work with some mods / addons'.

Edited by TeRp

Thank you for clarifying this so quickly. I wholeheartedly agree that bug reports are only valid if no other addons might have caused a conflict.

Thank you for clarifying this so quickly. I wholeheartedly agree that bug reports are only valid if no other addons might have caused a conflict.

it also concern to model of balistics, is mod A,B or C used BIS values or used other range of fire, accuracy - than mixed addons may cause "funny" result of game, cause one mod soldiers fire and kill enemy from 500 meters, while other mod soldier even not begin to aim

We'll do that in one of the upcoming releases, but since you can easily find out distances using the "command-button" it's not really on top of our todo list.
The problem is when you play on expert difficulty, then the command-button trick doesn't work. But you are right, the laser ranging is definately not an high priority issiue.

We've just released our hotfix.

Check out the first post to download BWMod v 1.1!

Why did you remove the cool sounds of the Fuchs? What a pity!

How does the Nebelwerfer (smoke thrower) of the Fuchs work?

G3 guns are a little bugged, the units shoots on single mode and all is good when ya reload you see the clip disappears like it should but when you put it in to an different fire mode the clipe does not disapper when reloading and for burst and full you have to reload it even if the single is already loaded.

G3 guns are a little bugged, the units shoots on single mode and all is good when ya reload you see the clip disappears like it should but when you put it in to an different fire mode the clipe does not disapper when reloading and for burst and full you have to reload it even if the single is already loaded.

It's an unfortunate engine limitation I believe - each sight (3X and red dot in this case) has to have its own magazine for some reason. So switching means you switch to another mag. The animation problems might be overcome though.

Notes I made from the last patch:

- The AI gunner on the Fuchs seems to never fire. The player model is also on a weird sideways angle, I think it would be better to have the view just be straight along the barrel if that's possible.

Fixed! The gunner seems to fire fine now, and is quite deadly :). The model is still on an odd angle but it may be intentional and isn't a big deal.

- The tires on the Fuchs seem to be indestructible and don't deflate like BIS tires.

Still not fixed - the Fuchs on the whole seems to lack a proper damage model, I may be wrong but I think there is no intermediate damage (like the vehicle will be 100% effective until it is destroyed).

- The Panzerfaust is possibly too powerful? It seems to kill an Abrams one hit from any angle. Also the rockets don't take up enough space in the inventory.

Still not fixed - I don't have any data on this but I'm pretty sure a Panzerfaust 3 wouldn't kill an Abrams by hitting its main armour. In my opinion it would be better not to for gameplay purposes anyway.

- As an aesthetic thing, the player model's left hand goes through the magazine belt of both the MG3 and MG4. Not sure how they're held in real life.

This may be impossible to fix for all I know, but if there is a solution it would look a lot better.

- The Fuchs doesn't seem to have a "destroyed" model, it just burns.

Fixed! It has a nice destroyed model now.

- The AI MG4 gunner seems to only fire in "single shot" mode (like he'll never hold down the trigger). Which is still fairly effective but seems a bit off for a support gunner.

Fixed! The AI blazes away now, nice :)

I also loved the old Fuchs sounds, it would be awesome to have those back.

EDIT: A couple of other notes:

- The smoke is awesome

- The watershield is awesome. However it's odd that in 3rd person it looks like it should be blocking the driver's view, while in first person it's not visible out the window. It would be tricky driving if it did, but I think it would be cool having the gunner navigate.

Great work!

Edited by Lhowon

I'm currently working on an SP mission using this mod. Thanks for the hardwork BW team! I'll post up the beta in OFPEC, and the final product here. Happy hunting!

I noticed two issues on the Fuchs in water:

- change of direction is very hard to accomplish, the vehicle turns very very slowly and grinds to a halt quickly when pressing the A or D keys or moving the mouse sideways.

- the propellers are not turning, the wheels are.

While the latter is a purely cosmetic issue, the inability to turn in water is really something that needs to be worked on, imho.

Also I found a texture bug on the medic, obviously a wrong normal map being applied or something like that:

8gkf2za3.jpg

And I wondered if it would be possible to animate the ballistic protection lid (Beschußklappe), so that it can look like this:

http://www.deutschesheer.de/fileserving/PortalFiles/C1256F87004CF5AE/W26MHG3E682INFODE/Wallpaper041.jpg?yw_repository=youatweb

Apart from that, great work! Hope to see more in the near future.

I noticed two issues on the Fuchs in water:

- change of direction is very hard to accomplish, the vehicle turns very very slowly and grinds to a halt quickly when pressing the A or D keys or moving the mouse sideways.

- the propellers are not turning, the wheels are.

Same issues here. There is also a issue with the headlights of the Fuchs. If they are turned on, there is a not shining circle in the center of each headlight.

Nevertheless a great addon. Thanks for the release.

Update:

Sorry, my fault. Didn't notice the release of version 1.1. The issue with the headlights doesn't exists in the new version.

Edited by DragonBaron
Didn't notice the release of version 1.1.

Thanks for the update BWMod!

Much fun playing with "Bundeswehr Einheiten" again.

Is a P8 and a MP7 in the works?

MfG Lee g_ari.gif

I bow before you guys! There have been many addons released for the game, but few are on par with BIS models regarding quality, and this is one of them! The infantry is soo beautiful, good model, very sharp textures...and this is only a small teaser pack, oh man! Congrats and good luck!

Can't wait to let some Germans let loose against VME Chinese troops!