Sign in to follow this  
TeRp

BWMod release thread

Nice to see the BW mod team back again, i definatly download these and give them a try in the weapons chamber as they look top notch :)

super great stuff BWMod team... was waiting for those awesome units...:yay::yay::yay: ..best units ever.:yay::yay:

thks for this addon

Hi,

Excellent quality as always.

Bug report

Although the sight of the Panzerfaust is calibrated perfectly for human players, AI consistently drop short. The cause is in the config settings for the ammunition. The Pzf ammo inherits its characteristics from the M136 missile, including the maxSpeed setting. This setting is too high, thus causing the AI trouble with gauging the range correctly. By defining a lower maxSpeed than the 290 of the M136, the AI will adjust their aim (that is, they will aim the launcher higher so the trajectory will be higher and the round flying correspondingly further) and deliver a round on target. The exact value I am trying to determine by trial and error.

The AA soldier carries a Stinger Fliegerfaust, but is defined with Panzerfaust ammunition in the config:

magazines[] = {"30Rnd_556x45_G36","30Rnd_556x45_G36","30Rnd_556x45_G36","30Rnd_556x45_G36","30Rnd_556x45_G36","BWMod_PzF_3","BWMod_PzF_3"};

should be replaced with:

magazines[] = {"30Rnd_556x45_G36","30Rnd_556x45_G36","30Rnd_556x45_G36","30Rnd_556x45_G36","30Rnd_556x45_G36","Stinger"};

Regards,

Sander

Edited by sander

When dreams come true!

Finally German Army in A2! *downloading now*

MfG Lee g_ari.gif

there was German army since over month, but not modern :)

awesome stuff here :)

Some few bugs the AA soldier had a stingerlauncher but no ammo for it but instead he had 2 panzerfaust shots in the gear :)

And I also got same as W0lle

Very nice to see this Mod back in action. :)

There's one problem with the Panzerfaust though:

bwmodpzf.th.jpg

Also it would be nice with some BWmod stuff under the groups key in the mission editor, I know its only a few infantery and apc's released now but it would have been very nice with a BWmod squad ready for quick placement.

Moving onto more praise.

pretty cool with the different scope modes depending on if the weapons in fullauto or semi fire mode :)

Just a suggestion but the squadleader didn't have a handgun only rifle and handgrenades and smokegrenades, I think officers should have a handgun too but its just a small suggestion.

Love jumping from hills in fullspeed with the Fuchs, they are awesome!

Nice touch with the german warning label inside the apc in driver view.

Edited by Commando84

I also experience the following bugs:

- Panzerfaust 3 animation bug, as reported by Wolle.

- Fliegerfaust missing from AA-soldier as reported by Sander.

- AI have issues with PzF, as reported by Sander.

New bug:

- G-36A fire modes are linked to sights. Presumably as a result of this there are two magazines; one for semiautomatic fire and one for automatic fire. They are not related; firing some rounds on semiautomatic and switching to full automatic gives you the correct number of rounds in the magazine when you begin to fire, but firing a burst on auto and switching back to SA returns you to the number of cartridges loaded in the semiautomatic magazine prior to the automatic burst. Reloading the automatic magazine does not affect the semiautomatic magazine. I suspect this is an engine limitation - as it seems to mess with the AI engaging, you'll have to decide whether or not you want to retain it. I will test further, it may be that the ArmA II AI were being their usual retarded selves and failing to engage the enemy effectively in that test, and that the BWMod G-36 is not to blame.

- Grenadier is not defined; it's mentioned in the readme but not available via the mission editor.

- Likewise, the KSK operator is not defined. Mentioned in readme, but not visible.

Edited by AKM

these guys arent showing up for me, what the heck am i doing wrong?

Well the obvious difference between the BW mod and the others you have is no @ in front of the folder. I don't know what that actually does but everyone uses it so maybe it's required. Also make sure you've put the files inside a folder called "Addons" inside the "@BWMod" folder.

ya i tried both but they said not to edit it in the readme. anyway i just dropped them in the official addons and now it works fine.

these guys are ridiculous i set them up against a russian infantry squad and they just slaughtered them (max AI for both sides). then i gave the russians a crack spetznaz squad in the hills 500m away, they would run out of ammo before they could take out the germans. then i gave the russians 2 havocs flying in on seek and destroy. well that did it. ;)

i hope you will improve and make proper weapons in next release

FUCHS is super vehicle

but weapons are wrong, look:

http://www.armaholic.eu/vilas/scr/compa3.jpg

http://www.armaholic.eu/vilas/scr/compa4.jpg

look at comparision

i was offering you help long time ago, in Arma 1 , but now i see you released again those weapons

i hope you will release next version, but with good and realistic weapons, and you see what details should be corrected to have them 100% real:)

in OFP you were one of the best top mods, i hope to see you on top in Arma2 too (in future)

http://www.armyrecognition.com/forum_pic/small_weapons/MG4_Heckler_and_Koch_HR_Germany_001.jpg

http://www.heckler-koch.de/media/Products/Machine_guns/MG4E_rechts.jpg

i hope that in next version i will see good weapons :)

sory for critics words, in OFP BW mod was "saint" for me, but newest pack do not meet realism in those things and i had to react, sorry

other thing - one man wrote on other side (he is German, native German), that your soldiers have "future vest" not implemented yet

if you remember my previous ask - i was asking why you use this vest, while other are on photos

this guy (German) told that your soldiers are "future warrior developers program wish"

okay, me - Vilas- is not expert in BW

but how can you answer to other German who says your soldier is "wish" ?

or BW MOD soldiers are 2012 ?

how many soldiers wear this type of vest and how many wear this:

http://ew-trading.com/shop/images/IMGP0097.JPG

what percentage ? and maybe this German who wrote this was wrong ? i don't know, i am just asking, i don't live and serve in BW, i am only member of Militaryphotos.net, so i cannot say more , than i found in "google", just asking

Polish army in last few years (2-5) changed completly, so maybe German too, i don't criticize soldier's gear in this release, i am just asking about this issue

Edited by vilas

ya i tried both but they said not to edit it in the readme. anyway i just dropped them in the official addons and now it works fine.

these guys are ridiculous i set them up against a russian infantry squad and they just slaughtered them (max AI for both sides). then i gave the russians a crack spetznaz squad in the hills 500m away, they would run out of ammo before they could take out the germans. then i gave the russians 2 havocs flying in on seek and destroy. well that did it. ;)

Stupid question but did you created the "Addons" folder in your BWMod modfolder too?

Sometimes i tend to foget that too even if i already created dozens and dozens of such folders

Some notes after playing around:

- The AI gunner on the Fuchs seems to never fire. The player model is also on a weird sideways angle, I think it would be better to have the view just be straight along the barrel if that's possible.

- The tires on the Fuchs seem to be indestructible and don't deflate like BIS tires.

- The Panzerfaust is possibly too powerful? It seems to kill an Abrams one hit from any angle. Also the rockets don't take up enough space in the inventory.

- As an aesthetic thing, the player model's left hand goes through the magazine belt of both the MG3 and MG4. Not sure how they're held in real life.

- The Fuchs doesn't seem to have a "destroyed" model, it just burns.

- The AI MG4 gunner seems to only fire in "single shot" mode (like he'll never hold down the trigger). Which is still fairly effective but seems a bit off for a support gunner.

Positive stuff:

- Absolutely fantastic work on the infantry models and textures, they look outstanding.

- The Fuchs is incredible, it looks as good if not better than the default vehicles and is a joy to drive. I'm in love with it at the moment :D. If your other vehicles are up to this standard I cannot wait.

- I LOVE the sight on the Panzerfaust. It's so nice positioning the lines over the shape of an enemy vehicle based on the distance, it works perfectly. Awesome!

There's probably more stuff, that's just the things I can remember. Really good job so far, the quality is outstanding.

i hope you will improve and make proper weapons in next release

FUCHS is super vehicle

but weapons are wrong, look:

http://www.armaholic.eu/vilas/scr/compa3.jpg

http://www.armaholic.eu/vilas/scr/compa4.jpg

look at comparision

i was offering you help long time ago, in Arma 1 , but now i see you released again those weapons

i hope you will release next version, but with good and realistic weapons, and you see what details should be corrected to have them 100% real:)

in OFP you were one of the best top mods, i hope to see you on top in Arma2 too (in future)

http://www.armyrecognition.com/forum_pic/small_weapons/MG4_Heckler_and_Koch_HR_Germany_001.jpg

http://www.heckler-koch.de/media/Products/Machine_guns/MG4E_rechts.jpg

i hope that in next version i will see good weapons :)

sory for critics words, in OFP BW mod was "saint" for me, but newest pack do not meet realism in those things and i had to react, sorry

other thing - one man wrote on other side (he is German, native German), that your soldiers have "future vest" not implemented yet

if you remember my previous ask - i was asking why you use this vest, while other are on photos

this guy (German) told that your soldiers are "future warrior developers program wish"

okay, me - Vilas- is not expert in BW

but how can you answer to other German who says your soldier is "wish" ?

or BW MOD soldiers are 2012 ?

how many soldiers wear this type of vest and how many wear this:

http://ew-trading.com/shop/images/IMGP0097.JPG

what percentage ? and maybe this German who wrote this was wrong ? i don't know, i am just asking, i don't live and serve in BW, i am only member of Militaryphotos.net, so i cannot say more , than i found in "google", just asking

Polish army in last few years (2-5) changed completly, so maybe German too, i don't criticize soldier's gear in this release, i am just asking about this issue

You look at the optic sight from the wrong side. At the left side there are 4 reliefs and at the right side there are just 3.

infantrymanofthefutureg.jpg

Regarding the vest you are showing I have to say that your model is way out of date.

The equipment is modular and the IdZ (Infantryman of the Future) is not for everyone, but first line troops, because its so expensive. The aquisition of version 1 of IdZ was completed in March 2008. They bought 217 systems (1 system = squad equipment for 10 men) for frontline troops.

From 2010-2014 they will buy the next version of IdZ called IdZ-ES (IdZ enhanced system). It is planned to buy 900 systems.

http://www.rheinmetall.de/index.php?lang=3&fid=2056

Edited by Gladius

ooo i never seen such photo , i will change and update my model as.ap.

217 systems ?

you mean 2170 men has it, how big is German Army ? 250 000 - 300 000 ?

lower than 1% ?

okay, not my business, nevermind : P

than i hope they will consider doing addon of 99% in future, but it is offtopic here, i hope BW mod will improve MG-3,4 weapons , me out :]

Edited by vilas

Super! Thanks for all the work.

Werde ich am WE ausprobieren!

ooo i never seen such photo , i will change and update my model as.ap.

217 systems ?

you mean 2100 men has it, how big is German Army ? 250 000 - 300 000 ?

lower than 1% ?

okay, not my business, nevermind : P

than i hope they will consider doing addon of 99% in future, but it is offtopic here, i hope BW mod will improve MG-3,4 weapons , me out :]

First of all the aquisition is oriented at demand.

They buy as much as they need to train and equip just the troops that need this equipment. Naturally the majority of an army are not first line fighting troops, but supporters, technical personal etc. They do not carry that kind of battle equipment.

Do you really want to play Arma with the self defense equipment of the cook? ;)

Do you really want to play Arma with the self defense equipment of the cook? ;)

but second line soldier in mod, representative for the rest (99%) would be nice too in missions

or is it just KFOR contingent, than okay, on Chernarus Germans sent best contingent ( i live in OFP style of missions with masive war and global big forces battles )

but don't say that 99% of soldiers are cook, in Poland technical personel is not 99%

how big is Bundeswehr ? 250 or 300 000 ? nevermind

and 1% is frontline

i just hope that BW MOD will improve weapons MG-x, i really would like to see BW MOD like it was in OFP, great and super

i know that OFP time in community may not return (so much creative people) but it could be nice to see BW MOD like it used to be in the past

KFOR is a stabilization mission, not a combat mission. In Arma we play combat missions, so we use combat equipment. Do you get the point?

The number of 217 systems just tells us that germany has right now (fortunately) not that much soldiers in a combat mission. Again: They try to save money and buy not more than the actual demand.

but second line soldier in mod, representative for the rest (99%) would be nice too in missions

or is it just KFOR contingent, than okay, on Chernarus Germans sent best contingent ( i live in OFP style of missions with masive war and global big forces battles )

but don't say that 99% of soldiers are cook, in Poland technical personel is not 99%

how big is Bundeswehr ? 250 or 300 000 ? nevermind

and 1% is frontline

i just hope that BW MOD will improve weapons MG-x, i really would like to see BW MOD like it was in OFP, great and super

i know that OFP time in community may not return (so much creative people) but it could be nice to see BW MOD like it used to be in the past

Vilas the actual combat forces are in the absolute minority in all armies.

The Bundeswehr is no exeption.

The IdZ is in service with basicaly all troops in active warzones - Afghanistan only.

There are only +-3,5 thousand German soldiers in Afghanistan, and only a part of those are fighting infantry units.

I say this because the 1 % remark you keep repeating is totaly besides the point.

Of course the fighting force of the BW is not 1 %.

But the combat units not in direct operational need of the new gucci kit will simply not get it before all quirks are ironed out and the experience of the frontlines is taken into account for the enhanced version.

It's just normal aquisition management.

Only a very small number of soldiers *need* the IdZ at this time - hence the small ( unfitting word but seen in relation ) number of systems in operation.

The bottom line is if in any conflict - fictional or real - you were to encounter german infantry you would see them wear this gear in 90 % of the cases.

That is if you rule out any pure fantasy, cheap novel scenarios that involve a sudden world war tomorrow.

Since the majority of BI players are realism dedicated, the BW mod decided to model the real thing in use.

Edited by Hunin