Sign in to follow this  
TeRp

BWMod release thread

We tested the newest version the last two days in some coops and I have to say that youre doing a really good job. Especially the textures of the infantry-units and the sounds overall are great.

Thanks for your effort!

One question: Any info if youre thinking about doing a desert-texture-version of your units?

There's been a typo in one of the config files preventing the mission Everon Assault from starting.

Here's a standalone version of this mission (put it in your MPMissions-folder):

http://bwmod.armedassault.info/downloads/missions/bwmod_co30_everon_assault.rar

I would just have appreciated to get some german SpecOps. But I'll just sit'n wait.

OA will have them ;)

One question: Any info if youre thinking about doing a desert-texture-version of your units?

Desert textures have already been finished and will be released when Operation Arrowhead has arrived.

Will the Wiesels be released when OA comes out as well or are they still in the works?

Thanks for the work and bringing back BW into A2 with very detailed blingblings and sounds! :)

Now my report from testing area Utes:

Somehow sitting in UH-1D feels wrong placed - pilot and co-pilot seats are different in their height and overall it seems that the helicopter is a bit too small/narrowed for A2 units.

The commanders view of the Marder 1A5 is "slaved" to the turret and with AI as gunner its a little bit screwing... Is it possible to check if commander=human and give him the turret control?

For the commanders optics it would be great if he can look up+down.

Looking from the passengers seat the crew is missing (like in the BMP3) but this is a minor eyecandy feature.

A slighlty bigger eyecandy thing is how those MG3 gunners are positioned in their gunner stations. Are the A2 units to tall for these vehicles or why they have to use that neck-breaking stance?

Anyway its a great pleasure to use + play BWMod in Arma2!!

Go on with this great work and may enough beer with you.

Yea thats a Problem. Soldiers in ArmA2 are tall iirc 2m or something and hence they are bigger so they do not look out of proportion.

IRL the Marder does not have a periscope for the commander. Only the mirrors from 11 to 3 o'clock if i'm not mistaken.

Hmm... imho the Marder gunner has 3 periscopes/vision blocks to his left side and the commander has 8 periscopes/vision blocks providing a 360° view + he can turn the turret. :confused:

Crossing fingers that BWMod team will tryout & find a good solution for operating Marder 1A5 with AI as gunner (crew). Switching places/seats with is somehow only a "dirty" workaround.

Yeah, those are the mirrors. But i don't know any way to make mirrors work in ArmA2. I remember in OFP they worked just as windows or maybe that was just the Abrams commander's hatch.

Well the MG3 Gunner Animation is my doing . I realise it is not the best looking one. But since i've got no stomach to use o2 for animations (pleeeeeeeease 3dsmax plugin) , you will have to live with it , except someone does a better one. I'd be willing to provide assistance.

BWMod team: superb job! Appreciate the attention to detail, quality of the vehicle sounds, customizable signs and extensive documentation.

Have added support for BWMod units to my (PlannedAssault) mission generator, including pre-configured squads, sections and platoons for:

- 212 Panzergrenadierbataillon ("Augustdorf"), 3rd and 4th companies (Marders)

- 203 Panzerbataillon ("Augustdorf"), 2nd company (Leopards)

6 Aufklärungsbataillon ("Eutin"), 3rd company (Fuchs)

The mod's documentation (readme.pdf) contains a few minor errors:

- p8. LKW 5t mil gl Ammo: crew 2+5 should be crew 2+1

- p9. Marders are crew 3+6

- p10. Engineer (G36, Mines) class name is BWMod_EngineerG, not EnginnerG

- p14. Explanation of license plate script refers to soldier instead of vehicle.

Looking forward to your next update.

This is great.. been enjoying the mod!

Just one small point though, how do I get rid of all the 'BW' screens that seem to have replaced the stock ones.. thanks

ArmA soldier have a height of 1.80 meters.

which is 5'9", or fivefoot nine inches, which is a inch less than average size North Americans...

We've just released our latest version 1.6.

Check the first post for more info. :D

We've just released our latest version 1.6.

Check the first post for more info. :D

ACE2 support?! Really guys, thank you so much. I was afraid I wouldn't see this. I will surely make a few public missions with these guys now! They just took over the top spot on my unit list.

Once again fellas, the deepest thanks for all your dedication to this community over the years. Your content is an absolute pleasure to use.

I look forward to many years of fun with this Mod!

Thank you!

Edited by Manzilla

You guys should fix the g36 sight, i can only use the Reddot sight, no Scope :mad:

Also, Plz put the Fuchs in the APC Class. I hate the fact that my character says 'all, get in that car'

Edited by Mr. Charles

Hi , you should probably

a) learn english , if you want the post something in this forum

b) let Franky speak for himself

c) just keep quiet , because you my friend don't know squad

Hope this was friendly enough for the moderators

-> back to topic

English-Version:

Dear Terp and Co!

Shouldnt there be any Credits for Frankyman? Havent seen his Name in the Credits on my Downloadsite * Name Censored by myself *

Lets ssay it like this, Franky did the ccomplete Mardermodel and also most of the Textures, the Dingo (i hope u guys never get it in the versions i have seen) and some more stuff he was on...

Without his Work you couldnt release nothing special...

For me its a great misstake, and i will not Download the new Update cause of those facts, instead of your Team and Workmoral...

You Guys messed up the Marder inside, and the UH1 has Arma1 Textures...

I hope Operation Arrowhead requires Supershaders

Comet

---------- Post added at 08:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:39 PM ----------

Dear Metalchris : My English good enough ... poor answer

I post what i think ,and not writing for Franky...

And just in case that you think, how did you type "because you my friend don't know squad", you should learn more bout english gramar...

Edited by BierAIG Comet

Thx for the new version. Very nice! :cool:

ArmedAssault.info Mirror and News:

9603856.gif

Required Addons :

DOWNLOAD - Community Base Addon

We have also added this release to your personal author profile

If a release or contact information is missing, feel free to drop a PM, it will then be added.

And here is the BBCode if you want to add our Mirror to your release post :

[url=http://www.armedassault.info/index.php?cat=addons&game=1&id=1106][img=http://www.armedassault.info/mirrorgen2/9603856.gif][/url]

[b]Required Addons :[/b]
[url=http://www.armedassault.info/index.php?cat=addons&game=1&id=1002]DOWNLOAD - Community Base Addon[/url]

If you prefer a text only BBCode please copy and paste the code below :

[b]ArmedAssault.info Mirror :[/b]
[url=http://www.armedassault.info/index.php?cat=addons&game=1&id=1106]DOWNLOAD - BWMod (v.1.6) - [252 MB] from ArmedAssault.info[/url]

[b]Required Addons :[/b]
[url=http://www.armedassault.info/index.php?cat=addons&game=1&id=1002]DOWNLOAD - Community Base Addon[/url]