Sign in to follow this  
kavoven

Stargate Universe [SG:U]

Is it true that russian TV has aired all of season 1 already?

I heard it was the Ukraine.

Is it true that russian TV has aired all of season 1 already?

Where'd you hear this? US has first dibs on it because Syfy is an American channel, so there a week ahead of the rest of us.

i tried to find the sgu trailer to show a friend and come across a leaked trailer for the season finale, i know i shouldnt of watched but i couldnt resist the temptation, the video was all in russian and someone mentioned that russia or ukraine have already finished watching this season

Edited by Pauld

i tried to find the sgu trailer to show a friend and come across a leaked trailer for the season finale, i know i shouldnt of watched but i couldnt resist the temptation, the video was all in russian and someone mentioned that russia or ukraine have already finished watching this season

It was'nt leaked. The producers released it on their Facebook page a few weeks ago :)

Thanks for the hint... I had to search a bit but the trailer looked interesting.

OT

Started watching SG:A again..its just so much better...:rolleyes:

Thanks for the hint... I had to search a bit but the trailer looked interesting.

OT

Started watching SG:A again..its just so much better...:rolleyes:

They're different types of shows. Universe is much darker and psychological than SGA and SG1 ever were.

Universe just isn't Stargate in my opinion.

I liked todays episode, was really exciting at some points :)

Yes indeed. Based on how good it was, I thought this was the season finale. I'm glad to see we have two more episodes. :)

Abs

Its gonna get good! Hopefully we don't have to wait to long for the start of season 2 :)

So who is your favourite charactor from the season so far.

Mine has too greer he is just awesome i liked his charactor from the beginning

So who is your favourite charactor from the season so far.

Mine has too greer he is just awesome i liked his charactor from the beginning

I like Young and Scott. Was good to see Jack back in SG aswell last night, made his usual funny remarks :)

Agreed on both points. Some action finally, i may reduce my coffee drink while watching the end of the series :rolleyes:

Its gonna get good! Hopefully we don't have to wait to long for the start of season 2 :)

Season 2 will start in autumn

Its not suppose to be like SGA and SG1, the writers deliberately made something different. Bear in mind together SG1 and Atlantis have been going for almost 10 years I think, so its unsurprising they want to make something different.

Big fan of SG-1, and Atlantis aswell. Universe certainly is a different kind of series, and as a big fan of Battlestar Galactica and Caprica, I can fully appreciate this new setting.

^^ Is Caprica worth getting into?? I'm a big fan of BG but have not yet started watching Caprica.

No new episode for today?

Nope, there is a week delay because the US did'nt show episode 18 but Canada did so were all waiting for them to catch up

Call me old school, but SG:U isn't even in the ball park when it comes to SG1. Atlantis was good up until season 3 then I totally lost interest. I'm willing to give SG:U a chance and like most shows the first season is almost always crap.

---------- Post added at 11:42 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:40 AM ----------

^^ Is Caprica worth getting into?? I'm a big fan of BG but have not yet started watching Caprica.

I didn't much care for it. The only good thing about it is drooling over Zoey.

Call me old school, but SG:U isn't even in the ball park when it comes to SG1. Atlantis was good up until season 3 then I totally lost interest. I'm willing to give SG:U a chance and like most shows the first season is almost always crap.

---------- Post added at 11:42 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:40 AM ----------

I didn't much care for it. The only good thing about it is drooling over Zoey.

I watched SG1 religiously, as I did with SGA. And I can say that SGU is a totally different style of program. It could quite easily be a show in its own right without the Stargate label its that different.

I remember reading an article by the shows producers were he was saying he's gone for something totally different, and much darker than SGA and SG1 were every story was neatly wrapped up in 40 minutes and everyone was happy. And I agree with him, thats what makes it so interesting.

SG1 went for 10 years and SGA for 5 if I remember correctly, you can understand why they want to create something different :)

I'm watching SG1 now (don't hate), and I find I'm getting incredibly irritated by the "We're in the army; MOVE MOVE MOVE!!!" shouting they have in the background. Atlantis was my favourite, by far. SGU still needs some time I guess...they had some good episodes and a lot of shitty ones.

When it comes to doing something different, why do that if the formula is working already? They'd eventually have to change the plot of the entire series, unless they want the show to end up like 'Lost'. I mean, how long can they be stranded on a ship that they have no control over? Definitely not ten years...most people would tune out.

Abs

When it comes to doing something different, why do that if the formula is working already?

Why should every show use the same formula? If they never tried anything different, TV would always be the same. I think 10 seasons of SG-1 and 5 of Atlantis are more than enough of that formula. Universe is a refreshing change of pace, although it obviously isn't all good.

They'd eventually have to change the plot of the entire series, unless they want the show to end up like 'Lost'. I mean, how long can they be stranded on a ship that they have no control over? Definitely not ten years...most people would tune out.

Of course they have to move the plot along eventually, but the same is true for every show. Just think about the first seasons of SG-1 and compare them to the later ones. Every show evolves over time, and it doesn't take much imagination to see where Universe could go.

I'm watching SG1 now (don't hate), and I find I'm getting incredibly irritated by the "We're in the army; MOVE MOVE MOVE!!!" shouting they have in the background. Atlantis was my favourite, by far. SGU still needs some time I guess...they had some good episodes and a lot of shitty ones.

When it comes to doing something different, why do that if the formula is working already? They'd eventually have to change the plot of the entire series, unless they want the show to end up like 'Lost'. I mean, how long can they be stranded on a ship that they have no control over? Definitely not ten years...most people would tune out.

Abs

As much as I would have loved to see SGA continue, I seriously would prefer it over SGU anytime, the ratings did progressively get worse and worse over the seasons in the US thus making the producers work on something else. Hopefully once the all clear is given they'll make the SGA movie they've been talking about for a few years!