Sign in to follow this  
kavoven

Stargate Universe [SG:U]

Huh? The ship ain't made of wood.

Could've taken the tops of the metal crates that were used to store those robots off and used those.

Could've taken the tops of the metal crates that were used to store those robots off and used those.

Still, you've got to attach them somehow. Sure you could weld them to the walls, but you still want to be able to get into the gate room some time, right?

In any case, blocking the doors wasn't part of the plan. That's something you do if you want to gain a tactical advantage over the enemy, forcing them to pull back and abandon their attack - but that can't happen here. There is no way back for them. Col. Young only really had the option to either kill them all or let them stay on the ship. But he pussied out when Telford (whom he believed to be Rush) came with them on the first wave, and that's how they got into the situation they are in now.

It all makes sense when you think about it. Stuff doesn't always go according to plan, people make mistakes, not everyone has all the info that the viewer has, etc. ;)

They did'nt know they could open the doors so they did'nt plan for it. The idea was to let all the atmosphere out to begin with so there was no need to block any of the doors.

Young is an idiot. Pretty much sums it up. As O'Neil said, Carter lost ~2 F302s (and more crewmen?) and Young stops for one simple life.

That's no commander, that's an idiot. He's directly responsible for every dead or injured crewmen after his decision not to flush the air directly. Even if the Lucian Aliance hadn't these magical door devices Young - as a Colonel (Did this guy have no training?) - must have anticipated that the LA would have atleast e.g. explosives to try blast out. It's like letting an army march in patience to your castle gates with their battering ram, refusing to spill down and inflame hot oil from above...

Also, they easily could have flushed the air out from the beginning, wait for everyone to collapse, then rush in with a breather and pickup Telford. The reviving part worked in the interrogation, so why not try it again?

Think of the guys that got killed when the Alliance got through to the gates, the soldiers that got executed in cold blood etc... these guys are all on his conscience.

Young should be court marshalled in the near feature directly on Destiny, sadly Eli is going to save him from execution last minute anyway. I liked the character in the beginning, but he's ranking somewhere close to Chloe now. Toss them both into space. More air and hot water for everyone. And Scott can finally concentrate on his duties... or Lt. James :) .

Eagerly awaiting Season 2 ... :bounce3:

___

Well, if it doesn't play out as I want it be, I'll be changing the story myself...

(I allready got faces for Young etc. for that matter, just need to put them onto the units)

Edited by Icewindo

they keypoint is if they lowered the pressure in the stargate room they could easily capture them all ...

so any discussion about how realistic or unrealistic this scenario is ends as waste of time ...

enjoy the show while it last seems like one of rare ones (while not being anything remarkable) which is not yet canceled ...

Im sorry but i think this show sucks bad it went down hill for me after SG-1 the firs Atlantis seasons where ok though.

Im sorry but i think this show sucks bad it went down hill for me after SG-1 the firs Atlantis seasons where ok though.

I guess its all about when you started watching the show. I did that with Atlantis and watched SG1 after that to find out more about the story. But I never connected with the SG1 characters.

I don't like SGU very much either, but since its SG I'm watching it anyway. :rolleyes:

Plus, its the only show I watch on a regular basis.

I thought it started weak but got better as it went along, last 3 or 4 eps were superb and the finale was excellent and left me wanting more.

I thought it started weak but got better as it went along, last 3 or 4 eps were superb and the finale was excellent and left me wanting more.

Exactly how I feel aswell :)

Has this been posted before?

EHXVAte2pkE

Looks promising :)

(I like "Experience tells me that this a very good moment to panic" :D)

It somehow looks like they got rid of the attackers?!

Edited by kavoven

SG:U is bad, I just hope it improves in the next season. Too much time has been spent on developing the characters as if the writers expect it to be picked up for many more seasons. I really hope they discover more about the Alterrans who built the ship since it predates the building of the Milky-Way stargates and has some less advanced and probably more interesting tech on it than Atlantis.

The producers seriously need to look at the military procedure part of it too. Think about it, the SGC is supposed to be staffed by the absolute best and brightest. If this is the case, why are they so retarded tactically. Oh look, we have the enemy sealed in an airtight room and we can incapacitate them easily. Ah well, better let them out and shoot us for a bit I spose, what's the worst that can happen?

Fail

Oh look, we have the enemy sealed in an airtight room and we can incapacitate them easily. Ah well, better let them out and shoot us for a bit I spose, what's the worst that can happen?

Fail

They did'nt let them out? The Alliance brought devices that opened the doors that they did'nt know they had ...

Thank you for that trailer Kavoven. I forgot to check for one after their panel. It looks pretty awesome.

Thanks for posting the trailer, but I stopped watching it after about a minute. Way too many "spoilers" for my taste.

They did'nt let them out? The Alliance brought devices that opened the doors that they did'nt know they had ...

Yeah fair enough but that does even more to highlight the lack of tactical awareness. Should have evacuated the air as soon as they saw them do anything to the doors. Not killing them was exactly the same as letting them out imo.

Should have just sat behind the gate with their weapons on full auto tbh but that wouldn't do on a stargate show really.

Thanks for posting the trailer, but I stopped watching it after about a minute. Way too many "spoilers" for my taste.

I really don't understand why people would even watch such trailers, why on earth when there is so little surprise left in modern television would you want to watch a trailer to reduce the amount of new experience for next season? Do you decide whether or not to give up on a show based on one 90 second trailer? I can't stand those "next week on..." at the end of shows, hell I can't even stand the 2 second b&w "snapshots" that happen at the beginning of each new segment of an NCIS episode! I always close my eyes until they've gone :)

Well that depends - I stoped watching film trailers since they a) spoiler a lot and b) partly produce a different storyline.

But this one had so many scenes and I already forgot most of them. Plus, the Season 1 trailer for the second part contained scenes, that weren't included in the actual season ;)

Of course if people want to watch such trailers and enjoy them then that's their prerogative, didn't quite mean to write such a telling off ;) Just my personal opinion on them :)

Yeah fair enough but that does even more to highlight the lack of tactical awareness. Should have evacuated the air as soon as they saw them do anything to the doors. Not killing them was exactly the same as letting them out imo.

Should have just sat behind the gate with their weapons on full auto tbh but that wouldn't do on a stargate show really.

Because Young did'nt want to kill David as he just came back from being brainwashed. Which as you saw was the wrong decision to make ;)

I really don't understand why people would even watch such trailers, why on earth when there is so little surprise left in modern television would you want to watch a trailer to reduce the amount of new experience for next season? Do you decide whether or not to give up on a show based on one 90 second trailer? I can't stand those "next week on..." at the end of shows, hell I can't even stand the 2 second b&w "snapshots" that happen at the beginning of each new segment of an NCIS episode! I always close my eyes until they've gone :)

Yeah, same here. I was basically so excited about seeing some new info on SGU that I started watching it, but then quickly realized why I don't usually watch those things: too much information.

As for the "spapshots" on NCIS, I remember the intro sequence of Battlestar Galactica episodes were similarly annoying, so I also got into the habit of closing my eyes. :)

Oh yeah those as well, terrible concept, why do that? Vapid people don't watch shows like BSG they're busy watching Big Idol American Brother Cooks Millionaires or some such shite!

Because Young did'nt want to kill David as he just came back from being brainwashed. Which as you saw was the wrong decision to make ;)

Yes. Clearly the wrong decision to make. Sacrificing the safety of your entire command and the civilians you are protecting to save the life of one officer is completely unacceptable.

In any case, evacuating the air wouldn't have killed them immediately but it would have rendered them unconscious long enough to restrain the invaders effectively and neutralize any threat posed by them.

Yes. Clearly the wrong decision to make. Sacrificing the safety of your entire command and the civilians you are protecting to save the life of one officer is completely unacceptable.

In any case, evacuating the air wouldn't have killed them immediately but it would have rendered them unconscious long enough to restrain the invaders effectively and neutralize any threat posed by them.

At the end of the day its TV, I try not to think to much when I watch it :)

At the end of the day its TV, I try not to think to much when I watch it :)

Lol

I try too but sadly sometimes things like that annoy me. What the SG:C needs to do is recruit Jonas and the rest of Alpha team from the 303rd logistical. I spose the problem with that is that each episode would last about five minutes because everyone would do what they were supposed to.