Sign in to follow this  
kavoven

Stargate Universe [SG:U]

I actually loved the ending of the episode. It's pretty clear what's going to happen, so why show it? This way they had more time for the "main" events.

Yeah the whole time travel thing is always a bit of a cop-out, but it's a great way to have an unusual storyline, especially with main characters getting "killed off". They still did a great job creating suspense, because the viewer was led to expect that after watching the video of what happened before, they would find a cure and all would be well. So when people started dying again, I had a few moments of "OMG holy crap!". It was definitely entertaining, so I can live with the cop-out.

Yeah the whole time travel thing is always a bit of a cop-out, but it's a great way to have an unusual storyline, especially with main characters getting "killed off". They still did a great job creating suspense, because the viewer was led to expect that after watching the video of what happened before, they would find a cure and all would be well. So when people started dying again, I had a few moments of "OMG holy crap!". It was definitely entertaining, so I can live with the cop-out.

I actually believed Zoes death, but the death of Young made clear that things wouldn't stay that way!

Pretty good that they run with the same explanation how to do time travel with a stargate similar like in SG-1 about the solar flare, i've just watched all season 2 now and soon starting season 3 :)

One of the last episodes of SG:A season 4 was similar to this one. Shepard went through a solar flare and arrived some thousand years in the future, with a holo McCay waiting for him to fix everything =)

atm only 2 or 3 episodes were watchable rest is very poorly script ...

(telenovel like switches to earth or history of members)

One of the last episodes of SG:A season 4 was similar to this one. Shepard went through a solar flare and arrived some thousand years in the future, with a holo McCay waiting for him to fix everything =)

That is one of my favorite Stargate episodes. I really just liked how McKay was explaining to him how everything played out.

Now that was a boring episode...I'm reeeaaallyy not interested in all that personal individual stories and they keep coming up with them all the time.

They should call it Dramagate or something...

Edited by kavoven

It appears this is what is in store for us.

Next Friday: The crew finds a device that may hold the promise of getting them home. Lt. Scott and Camille visit their loved ones using the communication stones.

A week later: Colonel Young cedes command of the ship after he is implicated in the murder of a crew member.

(3 Episodes I know nothing about)

4 weeks after that: The episode focuses on Rush, who risks his life in an experiment involving the ship's computer, and flashes back to the time when he was recruited into the Stargate Program. His now dead wife, Gloria Rush, will appear in these flashbacks, as will Michael Shanks as Daniel Jackson. This episode was originally entitled "Lucid".

A week after "Lucid" aka "Human": Greer is trapped in some rubble on a planet and left for dead, and the ordeal brings back memories of his abusive father and loving mother

Sorry, did not read the whole thread, but one thing that stuck to my mind:

So Chloe is making out with Lieutenant Scott. At the same time Eli is following her like a dog (as someone here put it), and she is not exactly disliking it, I'd say.

Then Choe gets back to Earth (episode 4 or 5 or something), and makes a scene that her best friend is making out with her boyfriend.

Anyone got the moral of that ? ;)

Sorry, did not read the whole thread, but one thing that stuck to my mind:

So Chloe is making out with Lieutenant Scott. At the same time Eli is following her like a dog (as someone here put it), and she is not exactly disliking it, I'd say.

Then Choe gets back to Earth (episode 4 or 5 or something), and makes a scene that her best friend is making out with her boyfriend.

I can't believe I didn't clue in on that...lol.

Abs

The more I watch it the more this show seems like a soap opera pitched to Sci-Fi fans. It's kinda like making an arcade shooter for mil-sim fans, and we all know how well that go's.

Yeah, my wife is a fan of the more traditional Stargate. I'm hoping they eventually get to a point with this series. As it is right now, Bulldogs is right... the drama I could do with less of. Guess that's what some people want, but it is making the series feel awfully slow compared to the old series.

I like whores! :rolleyes:

-Ziggy-;1497428']I like whores! :rolleyes:

I'll admit that's somewhat odd but remember! Whores can be acceptable.(Maybe not on Stargate but then I look back at the original and change my mind) BUT only if they know how to kill, use their skills often, and generally kick some ass.

Is it just me, or did we not find out how they survived the whole solar flare/bugs killing everyone/poision in the water thing?

Last we got was Scott sending the kino through the gate (a 3rd time) and then bam, new episode is all about drama and a chair... Wat?

Is it just me, or did we not find out how they survived the whole solar flare/bugs killing everyone/poision in the water thing?

Last we got was Scott sending the kino through the gate (a 3rd time) and then bam, new episode is all about drama and a chair... Wat?

Yeah, that was kind of weird. I was hoping for at least a passing reference to how they got out of that one but... nada.

Yea, I had mentioned that it was unresolved, but someone said that it was so I thought I misunderstood. Glad I'm not the only one.

The best explanation that I can come up with is "alternate timeline"?

An even more likely explanation is that this episode may have been filmed first, and they're being shown out of order, since most episodes don't even seem to tie into each other anyway.

Abs

The best explanation that I can come up with is "alternate timeline"?
Nah, I don't think so. It's possible that they managed to capture the alien chestburster things and create a vaccine, allowing them to drink the water despite the presence of those bacteria.
An even more likely explanation is that this episode may have been filmed first, and they're being shown out of order, since most episodes don't even seem to tie into each other anyway.

Yeah, that sounds more likely. It wouldn't be the first time that a series gets aired out of order (Firefly, anyone?).

Its explained in one of the Kino Web Episodes...they used the information given to them after the second time the whole expedition died and where able to fix everything in time.

I'll admit that's somewhat odd but remember! Whores can be acceptable.(Maybe not on Stargate but then I look back at the original and change my mind) BUT only if they know how to kill, use their skills often, and generally kick some ass.

Vala Mal Doran....

The point with not showing what happened next in the infected water supply killing everyone time travel episode is that it was meant to be a given that he sent the kino back in time and with that information they knew what they had to do to save everyone. Showing what happened would have been a waste of time.... then again, the pace the series has been going I'm sure they're not too worried about wasting time.

Can someone tell me what happend to this weeks episode?

Nothing. It doesn't air till the 3rd IIRC - something to do with the Americans and Thanksgiving.

God damn, those producers are sooooo stupid.

Rush was the only character I liked...and after Young getting suspended and that IOA (or however you call it) Lady took controll, I was happy about at least someone making decisions...

I know that there'll be the big return of Rush because he finds out how to fly that alien ship, but still! Stupid!!!

Edit

Ahhhhh and the next episode is in APRIL. That really sucks! :(

Edited by kavoven