Sign in to follow this  
kavoven

Stargate Universe [SG:U]

OH MY GOD! My favourite episode by FAR.

Same here. It was awesome on a number of levels, and the end was a real surprise. Also a lot of stuff was explained, like the limited range of the old gates.

I don't know if I should jope for the best, or think that they're done for.

There are still five episodes left in this season, so anything could happen. Going by the quality of recent episodes, I'd say the show is definitely heading in the right direction. :D

Same here. It was awesome on a number of levels, and the end was a real surprise. Also a lot of stuff was explained, like the limited range of the old gates.

Yea, it's like they realized "Wait...everyone's going to have this big 'WTF' moment after the last episode, so we better talk about it first thing." lol

My guess is that

the aliens will find the stranded crew somehow and end up following Destiny.

Abs

The last episode was nice .

My theory :

They will get saved by the aliens that want destiny or by the ones who created that planet

Though I'm still watching it in English (German voices are horrible!!!!!) the episodes shown in German TV are by now only one episode behind those in the US...

New episode tomorrow :yay:

Riiiiggghht...

:confused:

First - did they cut the budget for SG episodes? I mean in earlier ones the aliens would have entered the ship before McCay found some weired solution how to fix the hyperdrive.

What happend to the team? Why did they... just return? I mean, thats the most boring and stupid solution of a problem of that kind ever!

I really hope they clarify some things in the next one...

Yea gotta agree the previous episode was much better.

Basically a WTF moment right there, they are out of dail range and then a wormhole opens so they can reach Destiny? I thought it was going to take a few episodes to figure out how they were going to get back but OK.

What I'm wondering, too. How can the gate on the ship dial anyway? I remember some discussions about that during Atlantis and they said everytime that its very difficult to use a non-static gate.

What I'm wondering, too. How can the gate on the ship dial anyway? I remember some discussions about that during Atlantis and they said everytime that its very difficult to use a non-static gate.

The way it worked was this. The Destiny was not out of range to dial the gate. Eli couldn't dial it because it went into FTL not because it was out of range. When it was forced out he was able to dial it again. That did seem kind of anti-climatic though. Keep it mind while on Atlantis it might have been hard to dial a static gate, this gate was different and was always meant to be a gate that moved around while the rest were supposed to be static.

"Hey everyone! High fives all around! Where the hell were ya? Missed you guys!"

"How'd you get back?"

"Wasn't it you?"

"Nope. I thought you did it."

"Nope wasn't me. We had left you for dead."

"Oh well...who cares? We're back now, that's all that matters."

Garbage!!! I hated that moment. And Rush was all like...

"Relax dudes, it's the team coming back. Science tells me so."

Maybe it was the aliens that killed the team, and now have a remote. Didn't think of that, didja Rush?!?

Sorry. Didn't like that episode much.

Abs

Not a good episode. :(

As peeps have said above, what was with the sudden and painfully anticlimactic reappearance of the lost guys? That just felt like a gigantic cop-out to me. Was anyone else getting really excited about what was going to happen to them? I for one was expecting some freaking epic Stargatey journey, lasting at least until the end of the season (which isn't far off). Instead we get this: "Oh hey, you remember those guys we totally unexpectedly left behind while Destiny zooms off into the unknown? Expecting some cool shit to happen? Fuck that! They're back now."

I wonder what the hell the series producers were thinking. Actually leaving main characters behind to fend for themselves was probably the most interesting thing that happened so far. Bringing them back so soon without any real explanation just isn't very satisfying from a dramatic point of view. Oh, and I don't think there has been any good explanation so far as to how they were able to dial back to Destiny.

The way it worked was this. The Destiny was not out of range to dial the gate. Eli couldn't dial it because it went into FTL not because it was out of range. When it was forced out he was able to dial it again.

Doesn't correspond with the facts, methinks. Remember the previous episode, where they were stuck in that underground crypt? How long were they there, a day at most? And Destiny had already moved so far ahead that the rescue teams had to move 10+ gate jumps back in order to get Greer.

Now think about what Eli said after they got back to Destiny: they were stuck on that planet for two days while Destiny was moving away, presumably at their usual speed. Also, outside shots in this episode show Destiny was clearly waaay outside the galaxy.

Something just doesn't add up here.

I'm just hoping that their sudden reappearance aboard Destiny isn't as casual as it seems. Maybe they were captured by the aliens and brainwashed/cloned/whatever. Remember how Eli reacted when Young wanted to send a team back to the planet? "Oh, there's nothing interesting there", etc. He was obviously trying to discourage him. And then the fact that there were alien ships waiting at the planet, mere hours after the lost three got back. They must have just missed them. Isn't that convenient.

Totally agreed, MadDog...

I just scanned the producers blog for some answers but nothing there... I'm still hoping there will be a better explanation!

So in this episode they had alien lice. Nice...

Abs

Wasn't exactly one of the best episodes...:j:

I enjoyed it. I didn't think it was great but I did like it. I can't wait for next weeks episode though.

Another weak episode, in my opinion.

The only real excitement was the freaky hostage situation at the end. You could really see how Greer would have shot Rae if Rush hadn't intervened. Otherwise it was all quite predictable and straightforward. Meh. :rolleyes:

So, only three more episodes to go this season. Seems that they should be somewhat more exciting though, judging by the descriptions. :)

Im confused, I thought the ship was between galaxy's, meaning they wouldnt be coming within range of another planet/stargate for quite a while. So how come at the end of this one they find a planet?

maybe i missed something, please explain.

Wonderd about that, too. Perhaps they already reached the next galaxy?

My god, it's so boring :sleep:, i'm only watching because i'm a big fan of the previous series.

Im confused, I thought the ship was between galaxy's, meaning they wouldnt be coming within range of another planet/stargate for quite a while. So how come at the end of this one they find a planet?

maybe i missed something, please explain.

Well, I'm assuming that there's no set timeline. A week between shows doesn't mean that a week passed for the crew.

Also, we don't know how far away the next galaxy was. I've seen pictures of colliding galaxies, so perhaps the next one is relatively close.

Abs

From what I understand, the ship had already crossed the void and they had already visited at least one planet (with the ticks). I do think that some indication of this should've been given at the beginning of the episode though.

From what I understand, the ship had already crossed the void and they had already visited at least one planet (with the ticks). I do think that some indication of this should've been given at the beginning of the episode though.

I thought they got them on the the planet where they got lost?

I thought they got them on the the planet where they got lost?

I was thinking that too, but at the end of the episode, when they dropped out of FTL and were connected to a stargate, there was no "weyhey, we've reached another galaxy!"... so I guess they're already there. The SGU producers seem to like skipping over certain plot points and just let the fans figure it out for themselves. Not necessarily a bad thing (like the ending of the time travel episode, which I loved) but it can be confusing.

It puzzled me till I went on Gateworld. Apparently because they were stuck halfway between the galaxies they could still gate to the ship. Eli says that after waiting a day the ship came back up on his computer so they could gate back to it. But I agree some of the plot is a bit unexplained at times! Its still quite good though I think :)