Sign in to follow this  
kavoven

Stargate Universe [SG:U]

Rush is not very high in my esteem since the first episode. I dislike most that he has no interest in going back to earth and leaves the others at his mercy without any clue that he's not "sciencing" for their return.

I also would have expected a better job from young at finishing him. I mean seriously. A planet with a space ship and rush ought to mean that rush will come back.

Rush is not very high in my esteem since the first episode. I dislike most that he has no interest in going back to earth and leaves the others at his mercy without any clue that he's not "sciencing" for their return.

I also would have expected a better job from young at finishing him. I mean seriously. A planet with a space ship and rush ought to mean that rush will come back.

I don't think it was really Youngs intention to "finish" him. Remember what he said after the first punch on that desert planet: "Are we finished?". It sounded to me like he wanted to try and put everything behind them. It was rush who said it would "never be finished" and attacked Young again. I guess when Young knocked Rush out cold, leaving him behind was kind of a "spur of the moment" thing.

As for the recent episode:

I liked it, although it was rather disappointing that we didn't find out how, why and by whom that solar system was created. It seems a bit odd for a star and a planet to just appear out of nowhere.

Pretty good episode

@maddog: be interesting to see if we ever go back to the group left on the planet. I'm hopeful we might, although that it was only minor characters left behind suggests we wont. Ever hopeful it'll be part of a story arc which returns at some point...

Pretty good episode

@maddog: be interesting to see if we ever go back to the group left on the planet. I'm hopeful we might, although that it was only minor characters left behind suggests we wont. Ever hopeful it'll be part of a story arc which returns at some point...

Was there a group left on the planet? I mean, Zoee was pretty bent on staying, but she came back and she's not military.

Abs

Boring Episode

I'm still defending Rush and again - if you're not willing to do this kind of exploration, don't join the Stargate program. Kinda ridiculous how they're all crying for their homes...

Was there a group left on the planet? I mean, Zoee was pretty bent on staying, but she came back and she's not military.

Abs

I got the impression that people stayed. Chloe came back because Scott did I think. They really didn't do a great job of showing whether or not people stayed. People over at the Gateworld forum are somewhat confused too.

I got the impression that people stayed. Chloe came back because Scott did I think. They really didn't do a great job of showing whether or not people stayed. People over at the Gateworld forum are somewhat confused too.

At least that one guy who was talking about the planet being a "sign" seems to have stayed. Can't remember what he was called but I definitely didn't see him after they got back to the ship.

Apart from those people, I'm also hoping that we'll find out what happened to the two who went through to the unknown planet in the second or third episode.

What a suprising ending... didn't expect that =)

I hope they won't make the same one episode return like Rush

Yeah i agree, it would be a cop out if Rush "figured" it all out by the next episode. Be interesting to see where they go from this though...

I'm expecting them to be back by the end of next episode. I was a bit surprised by the ending though.

I know they can't dial back to Earth because of power restrictions, but couldn't they just dial back to the planet they just left? It's not as far, and shouldn't be too hard to do.

Overall, a good episode. I wish they went into the sargeant's history a bit more.

Abs

I think this topic has been discussed before but I can't remember the answer :D It somehow looks like the ship is dialing the gates. I guess they don't have the adresses of the gates in the current galaxy.

I think this topic has been discussed before but I can't remember the answer :D It somehow looks like the ship is dialing the gates. I guess they don't have the adresses of the gates in the current galaxy.

True...but if Rush breaks the code and gains access to the ship, then he can dial the gate. I mean, when the ship stops don't they see what symbols are being dialed by the ship anyway? I just hope they're smart enough to write them down somewhere.

Abs

Another possibility is that on each jump they leave that sad galaxy meaning you can't dial back into the old galaxy. That would mean they are traveling quite fast though so I doubt it. Or it could have something to do with Destiny's gate having a more limited range than that of the milky way or pegasus gates.

Another possibility is that on each jump they leave that sad galaxy meaning you can't dial back into the old galaxy. That would mean they are traveling quite fast though so I doubt it. Or it could have something to do with Destiny's gate having a more limited range than that of the milky way or pegasus gates.

The producers of the show have hinted that Destiny will be "in a different galaxy every season", meaning that all current episodes are taking place in the same galaxy. It really does seem like Destiny's gate has a very limited range compared to the previous shows. I wonder if this will ever be explained.

As for the latest episode - I thoroughly enjoyed it. :D

Good episode.

Hated the violin music though, it was frickin loud.

Good questions, I'm a little confused now...:confused:

http://josephmallozzi.wordpress.com/2010/04/26/april-26-2010-its-an-all-mailbag-blog-entry/

will13 writes: “Why planets in episodes “Time†and “Justice†have the same gate address?!â€

Answer: May have been a mix-up in the Art Department packages.

Looks like they know the gate adress. So I don't know where the dialing problem is...

http://josephmallozzi.wordpress.com/2010/04/26/april-26-2010-its-an-all-mailbag-blog-entry/

Looks like they know the gate adress. So I don't know where the dialing problem is...

Well most of the time they are in FTL and when they are in FTL they can't dial. When they come out of FTL the Destiny normally automatically dials or they have a planet in range that they dial. I am thinking that the range must be smaller than the normal gates. Or else there is nothing holding them back. They normally do say things like "There are four planets with gates in range" and stuff like that.

Mhm possible, but they need the Stargate to get back to Earth and there are no dialing devices on the planets they visit. But during the first episodes they say the reason why they can't get back to Earth is because of the amount of enery requiered. So they must somehow get pass that "immediate dialing process"

Oh and second thought - the ship doesn't dial during the refueling process. Plus, those guys in the... forth episode where able to dial the other "you wont return from there" gate.

Only reason left is limited range and thats a bit weired...

Nice find:

Answer: Since the fate of a third season will rest on the ratings of those first ten episodes of season two, I’ll save my worrying for the fall.

Edit

I think the Energy used for the gate connection must be from Destiny itself. So its simply a matter of energy...

Stargate Resistance

I just wanted to inform you guys that Stargate: Resistance has a free weekend of play this weekend. Obviously its a Stargate game. I believe its a 3rd person shooter. Its kind of a small game but its free this weekend so if you guys have time you might want to check it out.

Yesterdays episode explains the gate problem. :) Just watching it, looks promising!

Wow, really interesting. Finally some real Stargate episode :) Wondering how the whole story will turn out!

Edited by kavoven

OH MY GOD! My favourite episode by FAR.

I don't know if I should jope for the best, or think that they're done for.

Abs