Sign in to follow this  
kavoven

Stargate Universe [SG:U]

Meh, I like it. Thought it was great.

I guess you do really too, if you're complaining about how far the next episode is off. :)

I thought it was a good episode. Especially the ending. Too bad we have to wait so long.

Not a bad episode, will be interesting to see what happens next. The obvious is Rush repairs the ship and somehow gets back to destiny (hopefully with some alien help).

whoever came up with the idea of a mid-season hiatus is a PR genious. Gets everyone raged up about it, and raged up people talk about things. Same way the media blows everything out of proportion these days.

Still, episode was good, be interesting to see what happens in future episodes about decision making and whatnot.

Not a bad episode, will be interesting to see what happens next. The obvious is Rush repairs the ship and somehow gets back to destiny (hopefully with some alien help).

My bet is

he uses the ship as an additional power source, and manually dials the gate back to the Destiny.

or he flies the ship and we see him sometime in future ...

anyway it was stupid leave him on planet with any advanced technology

I guess he flies the ship, contacts the alien species and somehow meets his people on another planet.

With this episode, I think that makes about 2 episodes so far in the series that are worth watching.

It shows signs of life but I really can't see the series lasting much longer the way it's been going.

Although, there's an idea. Maybe he gets the ship up and running, hunts down Destiny and blows it to pieces. Show finished.

My bet is

he uses the ship as an additional power source, and manually dials the gate back to the Destiny.

Actually that's not very far fetched.

I mean, from what I understand, the only reason that dialling Destiny from the Milky Way requires huge amounts of power is that the ship is so far away. The planet where Rush is marooned is obviously much closer, so dialling back to Destiny from there should require a lot less power. Rush just needs to jury rig a power source from the alien ship with the gate on the planet.

I expect there will be a future episode that starts with Destiny dropping out of FTL, the gate is dialled from the outside and Rush casually steps through.

*Everyone gawps*

Rush says "Hello :)".

*Cut to intro*

:D

That was a pretty damned good episode. I'm glad Rush was left behind.

It's a shame that the Olympics had to get in the way.

Abs

Starting to lose faith in this series, especially if they don't at least add a little action, it's like a sci-fi soap opera at the moment. Problem is I can't stop watching.

edit: Though the next ep doesn't air until April next year, so I have no idea why I just bumped this thread.

I do agree with you there bhaz ive kept up with the series and im hoping too that it picks up alittle, they have to much diary episodes and not enough :coop:

well im looking forward to after the christmas break

Don't judge the series too quickly. They are doing an excellent job of building up the characters and creating a believable premise (within the Stargate franchise that is). I enjoy the fact that the series could still go absolutely anywhere from here without losing any of the character it has already built up. Personally, I'm finding the series more enjoyable than the later seasons of SG-1 and Atlantis, simply because it's still wide open and not constantly focussed on some evil aliens that are totally plotting to destroi teh wurldz! That just got old after a while.

This series breaks one of the major tenants of writing. Always try to captivate your audience first. Having 9-10 epsodes as an introduction without mixing in a little something to overwhelm the audience makes it a little underwhelming.

The series seems to want to try something new, but it's like it's using the focus that it has a strong fan base to allow it slack enough to not put the effort into pleasing the fans.

I admire the artistic move, but telling people to stare at a painting until they see something they like in it is probably not going to work for too long.

BTW, don't look at the episode list on wikipedia, it pretty much gives a lot away.

I guess it's really a matter of taste. I've been thouroughly enjoying the series so far, even my girlfriend (who didn't like SG-1 or Atlantis at all) watches it with me and is pissed off that the series won't be continuing until next year. Especially after the cliffhanger in the last episode, you can safely say we're "captivated", despite the lack of evil aliens and awesome space battles.

It's really down to whether or not you can accept the fact that the series is whole different animal in the Stargate franchise, instead of just "more of the same". I mean, we've been watching SG teams blow the shit out of generic evil aliens for the past twelve years. I'm happy about the change of pace. ;)

i bumped this thread as it was on page 3 and a reminder to everyone the series starts up again very soon in the uk

I thought the series doesn't return until April 2nd? Or do you mean reruns?

Well, it's back!

I was hoping Rush would be gone for longer.

These new aliens also don't seem to be that strong, since Rush could easily take one of them down. I wonder if they'll be a major enemy in the series. I'm also wondering how they found Destiny so quickly. I mean, since the ship jumps so every often, how could you possibly track it down?

Abs

Yeah, Rush could have been gone a bit longer.

I don't like the conspiracy story line that now is bound to happen.

Even though the aliens don't seem that strong yet, I guess they are going to be the mayor enemy of the crew for at least this season. What SGU misses is exactly a foe like the Goa'Uld were to Earth and the Wraith were to Atlantis. The whole "omgosh we're stranded on a space ship"-storyline with all the crew's personal problems might be quite amusing for a few episodes, but if I want a show about that I can just watch any daily soap. ;)

Yeah, Rush could have been gone a bit longer.

I don't like the conspiracy story line that now is bound to happen.

Even though the aliens don't seem that strong yet, I guess they are going to be the mayor enemy of the crew for at least this season. What SGU misses is exactly a foe like the Goa'Uld were to Earth and the Wraith were to Atlantis. The whole "omgosh we're stranded on a space ship"-storyline with all the crew's personal problems might be quite amusing for a few episodes, but if I want a show about that I can just watch any daily soap. ;)

The producers and/or writers of SGU said they didn't want to have a consistent threat like the Goa'uld or the Wraith. I imagine that the guys will show up from time to time but probably not as frequently as the other two.

I thought the episode was pretty good on a whole. Chloe and the airman were kind of dumb at that one point.

The aliens were probably able to find Destiny so quickly because they had Rush and were probing his mind. Remember that Rush found a kind of star map a few episodes ago and was able to tell where Destiny was going - so the aliens could have used that information to track them down. (Or maybe they've been tracking Destiny since before the expedition team even got there...)

I too was hoping Rush would be gone for a few more episodes, and also that his return would have a bit more style, but whatever. At least the aliens were refreshingly non-humanoid and we now finally have a kind of villain.

The aliens were probably able to find Destiny so quickly because they had Rush and were probing his mind. Remember that Rush found a kind of star map a few episodes ago and was able to tell where Destiny was going - so the aliens could have used that information to track them down. (Or maybe they've been tracking Destiny since before the expedition team even got there...)

I too was hoping Rush would be gone for a few more episodes, and also that his return would have a bit more style, but whatever. At least the aliens were refreshingly non-humanoid and we now finally have a kind of villain.

That's a good enough explanation. Thanks. :)

Abs

Also if you think about it, at the end of one of the earlier episode there is a ship that leaves the Destiny that looks a lot like one of the alien fighter/transports. Perhaps they put a tracking beacon on it.