Sign in to follow this  
W0lle

Dragon Rising has been released

The official Arma 2 thread isn't currently locked, it's just in offtopic-offtopic, as in offtopic for codemasters, not Dragon rising offtopic.

The official Arma 2 thread isn't currently locked, it's just in offtopic-offtopic, as in offtopic for codemasters, not Dragon rising offtopic.

they are really hiding that thing i see

I'm not going to carry on an argument about this to these forums as I don't want to disrespect W0lle's rule ("5. No discussion how the CM Forums are moderated."), but the quoted statement is false. I need to say this and reiterate that negative feedback is definitely tolerated (and from me personally quite welcome, but that's not to say moderators may not make the odd bad decision regarding a thread - I know I have). The game obviously has its problems on one hand and doesn't live up to expectations on the other. This is witnessed by all the negative threads/posts which are there for all to see right now.

I discuss our decisions openly in a few threads that have tackled this topic on our forum (please feel free to engage me over there and not taint this thread with further forum politics). The threads that are deleted are not done so because of negative opinion. If that were the case then our forum wouldn't be half as 'busy' as it is.

Addressing the ArmA vs OFPDR thread deletion/closure issue - yes, this has happened. The reason is that we have a ArmA thread in our main OT section (in a way you could call it this thread's sister thread ;)) and we also have a few other OFPDR vs [GAME X] threads. Like any forum we don't need an abundance of threads about this.

I'd like to finish by asking that you do please provide any and all feedback positive and negative. Just do it without resorting to trolling or otherwise posting immaturally. If you feel that you are flamed for delivering a negative opinion (there are plenty of pro-OFPDR trolls as well) then please report the flamers to us using the report button and we can hopefully prevent your thread from being closed or deleted due to it spiralling out of control.

Anyway, I'll weigh in with my thoughts (good and bad) once I get the game. I bought it through Steam but my laptop is the only PC I have that can come close to running it. Small monitor... crappy video card... not so good for a shooter. I won't have a new PC until early next year (fingers crossed), but in the meantime I've ordered the Xbox version which should be here in the next day or two.

Bullshit. A link was posted to one of my video's showing the lack of any AI "brains", no damage models, inability to engage me within 3 feet. Not only deleted but banned.

Bullshit.

Luhgnut;1478775']Bullshit. A link was posted to one of my video's showing the lack of any AI "brains"' date=' no damage models, inability to engage me within 3 feet. Not only deleted but banned.

Bullshit.[/quote']

What did you expect?

We seem to get at least one or two of these CM shills every week :p

Then the PR department makes a bungle of it by pushing it as the most realistic mil-sim ever made.

......)

Where do you think Nvidia gets there PR guys...

On the opdr forum, have left only a few veteran members, most of those who are now, are registered in October. You can't discuss anything there, soon they will fall apart what's left of the forum. Will discuss only moderators between them, especially after November 10.

I think you all will find that the CM forums are moderated with the utmost orthodoxy to the principles of INGSOC.

I think it's just a simple ComMunist system there.

I think you all will find that the CM forums are moderated with the utmost orthodoxy to the principles of INGSOC.

post doubleplusgoodthinked. Posters unbellyfeel CM. Use Operation Flashpoint

name crimethink. doubleplusungood. ;)

Luhgnut;1478775']Bullshit. A link was posted to one of my video's showing the lack of any AI "brains"' date=' no damage models, inability to engage me within 3 feet. Not only deleted but banned.

Bullshit.[/quote']

yes , you are right, me too was banned and others too, bullshit as you said

Edited by vilas

they are really hiding that thing i see

Ummm... Care to check ArmA2 general discussion and look which kind topics are locked? Tsk-tsk-tsk-tsk.

Ummm... Care to check ArmA2 general discussion and look which kind topics are locked? Tsk-tsk-tsk-tsk.

Nothing out of the ordinary, I believe. Usually threads that are too offtopic (as well as DR related threads). I checked like 20 pages back and in every case of a locked thread the lock was justified and in almost none of these cases the OP has been banned. Certainly none of these threads would suggest censorship.. unlike "you know where".

Unlike BI, they have their own offtopic in their very own offtopic broad under DR broad, which is where most people interested in that game would more likely to go to, thats the different.(and if the topic goes on this track we will see this thread get lock again, so plz back on topic, or atless try to)

AFAIK DR is more or less dead, almost all of the people i know who have somehow brought the game is being chocked by the limits of the editor and crappy connection as well as MP gameplay limit and are now stop playing it, makes me wonder how many CM have milked from gamers

Edited by 4 IN 1

This will be my last post regarding this P.O.S.

As an actual "owner" of DR, I had the right to post on their forums, and abided by their rules of engagement, and the result was to be banned. I stated that after playing Dragon Rising, my skills in Arma2 have fallen way off, and I try and play Arma2 like Dragon Rising and get my butt handed to me.

That got me banned. For mentioning Arma2.

I bought the game because of a big fan of the Original OFP only. I thought even if it was half as good as the original, and similar to Arma2, then I would get some enjoyment. I drank the Kool-Aide (with trepidation), and my gut feelings were true, that the game would suck. Another Codemasters game that's all show, no content.

I'm happy to see now on their forums, that if you post anything positive about the game, instead of people attacking CM or the game directly, they are now dog piling on the person posting the positive. They are finding out that if you attack the game, you get banned, but it's open season on someone saying they liked it. You don't see negative posts per say, you see "I'm disappointed" posts now.

So the game was out, what, 3 weeks? It's dead, even across all platforms. On the other hand, I've seen a major increase in Arma2 players. My favorite servers are all full now, where before I could jump right on, but now I"m seeing them packed for hours.

Operation Flashpoint Dragon Rising = Maybe the best thing that ever happened to Arma2. The split between Codemasters and BIS? Probably the best thing for BIS too.

We need to welcome these new recruits to arma and show them that we aren't Dragon Rising.

With that..... back to editing. Since I can't get on my favorite servers! :)

Someone posted a fake strategy guide

Edited by [RIP] Luhgnut

yes, release of DR was best gift for BIS

suicidal shot CM :] and those bans, when you say "arma has no 64 limit and immortal trees" <i was banned for this as many many others

What the heck is this? Mass ignorance of forum rules and thread guidelines?

I said no discussion here about how the CM Forums are moderated, no?

Are the guidelines that complicated that you don't understand them?

We stop this now, okay? If I come back and see another one complaining about being banned from their forums or whatever...

:681:

I think it's just a simple ComMunist system there.

We're no democracy here either, welcome to the world of privately owned forums.

I've played some of the user made missions, and they add some fun to the game. Multiplayer dead and showing no signs of coming back to life. This game will be an afterthought long before Arrowhead comes out.

I'm quickly back to Arma 2 despite all it's problems it outshines DR by a long shot, I'm just now learning how to do basic scripting templates to tow artillery carry hummers in C-130 and such. I slowly learn more about this game and new amazing addons come out everyday.

Exited about the next patch too...which also never seems to be coming out for DR.

ARMA2 may not work in all the ways I want it to, and I've have had my share of complaints of these basic features ARMA2 lacks (won't list them here). But I can say one thing, BIS has never lied of features or promised aspects of the game that never existed. If anything, they understate the power of this game and only the patient ever see what it can do.

Thanks BIS and I'll be right there pre-ordering Arrowhead, and I hope OFPDR players learn about this game from the mistakes of CM. I did want OFPDR to be good...it just isn't :(

We're no democracy here either, welcome to the world of privately owned forums.

....so true :) :)

The main DR thread was in off topic walker started it on the 11 Feb 09 wolle closed it on the 5 Oct 09.

That’s just under 8 months, it contain 4131 posts it also contained a poll were it asked, Will you buy DR the poll result ended in 72 will buy, 96 will not buy, 131 deciding to wait for the demo and 26 based on reviews.

So going on not buying, no demo and bad reviews = 253 will not begetting the game, did BI censorship DR No.

The majority here do not like the game and the minority over at the other place do like it :popcornsmilie:

2/4

The main DR thread was in off topic walker started it on the 11 Feb 09 wolle closed it on the 5 Oct 09.

That’s just under 8 months, it contain 4131 posts it also contained a poll were it asked, Will you buy DR the poll result ended in 72 will buy, 96 will not buy, 131 deciding to wait for the demo and 26 based on reviews.

So going on not buying, no demo and bad reviews = 253 will not begetting the game, did BI censorship DR No.

The majority here do not like the game and the minority over at the other place do like it :popcornsmilie:

2/4

Hmm... I saw personally pretty many topics locked in A***2 general discussion section when OF:DR was released, which like wanted to compare OF:DR and A***2. :rolleyes:

This is not about censorship, it's about idiots posting idiotic posts, other idiot making idiotic threads. When you have released game, idiots do pop out in swarms. Those idiot ignore forum rules, they behave like idiots do. You get those idiots banned, threads created by idiots locked, some deleted, the usual stuff where moderators try to hold swarm of idiots in some sort of order. That happen pretty much in every forum. In B*-forums too when A***2 was released. With A**A there must have been nearly hundred whine thread which were locked because moderators wanted all the whine go into disappointment thread. People banned because they quite frankly deserve it. The usual which is not related to censorship, but to fighting against disease called internet idiots which will cause quite a wreck on it's amok.

As a sidenote i'm not talking about any forum in specific. :rolleyes:

Went to pick up my wife at work, and she wasn't ready, so went to the shops and got some stuff.

Popped into the big GameStop to see what was up. ZERO copies of OFP/DR. Not a poster, nothing.

Asked the dude, "What's up with Operation Flashpoint Dragon Rising?"

His answer: "It went ok for a couple of days, but they only sent us five copies. Two for PC that were pre-order and three for console. Nobody's asked for it, and we won't be getting anymore."

The Bells are tolling.

well my local walmart is selling it (PC) for 39.99 CAD already. Arma 2 is there too sold for 49.99 CAD..... I dont know what to make out of this.

well my local walmart is selling it (PC) for 39.99 CAD already. Arma 2 is there too sold for 49.99 CAD..... I dont know what to make out of this.

Quality has its price. :)

Well, at least Operation Flashpoint and ArmA has gotten more attention..

And it shows how gratefull I have to be that companies like BIS exist, things go wrong if a company tries to cater to many markets at the same time. While scaving the budget to get a good profit demographic. In the old days games were made by nerds for nerds, but when the masses got wind of it, it all went in a downward spiral. A bit like the internet, when it became really popular, more and more ads and other junk popped up. You really have to dig to find the good stuff, and ignore the screaming of the marketing people that want to attract your attention instead of letting the products speak for themselves.

I guess I am a fanboy for games that are made for the gaming, and not totally for the profits. :D

But don't get me wrong, I don't feel better than the masses, it's just that some people see something exploitable where large masses gather, it gets the attention of a lot of greedy people that have only themselves in mind.

when i picked it up there was only 3 copies and all 3 were preorders...i cant see gamestop stocking the game new at all being that so many used copies are out there for purchase collecting dust