Sign in to follow this  
W0lle

Dragon Rising has been released

But you obviously do care as you feel the need to post about it.

OMG you can't be serious :( . For the 6 th time now. I only posted about the "24 fps is eyez maximum" . You made the rest up , literally lol. ! Read it back , do it now plz.

A constant 100 FPS is rare in many of today's games (High res/details/AA etc) so for you to contend that you NEED it is ridiculous.

It's not rare AT ALL. Also never said i NEED it. You can't just make stuff up, and then 'disagree' with it . Really man why ?

My words "For some games it takes 100 fps for it to see absolutely no choppyness whatsoever" . How is that the same ? :mad:

Oh , did i mention 100 fps is not rare at all ?

I agree that 24 FPS is not the end of the spectrum for perceivable differences, I disagree that 80-100 FPS is necessary in order for anyone to achieve acceptable gameplay.

But you just said that ''perceived acceptable gameplay" was subjective ? ;)

(not to mention i NEVER EVER said 80-100 fps is necessary, i honestly haven't got the faintest clue where you get that from ? You just made that up, then 'disagreed' with it.

We aren't getting 80-100 FPS in A2 in a built up area for example. It's not possible (unless you are @ 800 x 600 with everything on low). That's just one example.

Sure we are.

3d res 2000 <> interface res 1600 (filtrate 125%)

AA : Low

Object detail: normal

Terrain: normal

Texture detail : very high

Shadows : high

Video memory : very high

Anisotropic : very high

Bleeding eyes feature (post processing) : off

View distance 2300

The ABSOLUTE lowest i get with these settings, is 57 fps, with the whole screen filled with bush, or standing on top of a cooling tower in chernogarsk with the WHOLE screen filled with buildings.

On average it's 75 easily, going well over 90 in smaller villages or woods.

Look man, just because you can't doesnt mean it's "impossible" .

Crysis would be another one where you won't average more than ~60 FPS.

Welcome to present time. Where have you been the last 2 years :) Really man where on earth do you get this info from !? :confused:

Look ethne, see my first post about this, "24 fps is not the max your eye can see" is really all i said.

Then came your posts. Plz look em up again, so when in the future, you click the reply button, you can check if you aren't accidently making stuff up to disagree with.

Crysis @ 1920 x 1200 Enthusiast settings (4x AA)? Where do you get YOUR info?

http://www.guru3d.com/article/geforce-gtx-285-review--3way-sli/17

That's where I got mine and it says a 965 @ 3.8 + 2 x 285 SLI are averaging 59 FPS (and that's WARHEAD, which was better out of the box performance wise than the original Crysis)

Whatever guy, we aren't going to agree because you would have to be able to read properly for this discussion to continue.

As you have already been told by other users, this is a DR thread, not a "I get 100 FPS, I'm so l33t 0MGZ0R" thread.

Eth

PS : Your A2 settings aren't close to maxed JFYI, plus you make no mention of AA. Low, whatever :rolleyes:

Edited by BangTail

Man i KNEW you were going to do this lol .

First you say 90 fps in arma 2 isnt possible, i knew i had to show details and when i do it's 'i'm so l337' bla bla .

Dude that's really weak . :(

Also, Warhead is not at all performing better then the original crysis actually. ;)

Crytek said it did, but it did not. You can read up about it if you don't believe me.

And last, for the last frecking time , i only said that 24 fps is not the max the eye can see. Then it was you who started to derail the trhead with things you literally made up.

And again, who said MAX setttings for arma 2 ? I sure didn't. Stop making stuff up plz man. :(

YOU said 80 fps is only possible with 800 x 600 , and lowest settings. I show you it's not.

Now it has to be fully maxed out at 3400 x 2800 and 16x AA ? :D ?

Edited by Game__On

Man i KNEW you were going to do this lol .

First you say 90 fps in arma 2 isnt possible, i knew i had to show details and when i do it's 'i'm so l337' bla bla .

Dude that's really weak . :(

Also, Warhead is not at all performing better then the original crysis actually. ;)

Crytek said it did, but it did not. You can read up about it if you don't believe me.

And last, for the last frecking time , i only said that 24 fps is not the max the eye can see. Then it was you who started to derail the trhead with things you literally made up.

Now you're Psychic? It's really sad when you present people with evidence that they are totally wrong and they continue arguing regardless.

Anyway, either stay on topic or go away, your choice.

/end of

PS : I never said 90 FPS was impossible in A2, I achieve it on a regular basis and it's why I made a comment about your reading comprehension skills. I said it's not possible (with current hardware) in a built up area unless you run at a low res/settings. To be clear, you will not get 90 FPS in Chernogursk at a decent res (1680 x 1050+) with even moderate settings in a gameplay situation (that's AI included etc), not you staring at the sky in the editor with no other units present. Perhaps I wasn't clear enough about that the first time.

PPS :

YOU said 80 fps is only possible with 800 x 600 , and lowest settings. I show you it's not.

Now it has to be fully maxed out at 3400 x 2800 and 16x AA ? ?

3400 x 2800 @ 16 x AA :rolleyes:

For the last time, we don't agree, so get back on topic (DR). I've put you on ignore, I suggest you do the same.

Edited by BangTail

Can you take it to PM ? Where here to talk trash discuss about DR, not retina persistence...

(and yes, with motion blur, you don't need more than high 20's -30's FPS to feel it smooth 80% of the time. sorry, couldn't resist)

Edited by EricM

Arguing for the sake of arguing is and arguement you'll never win.

Standard cameras have a focus point, this forces focus on a subject, if you focus away from the focus point at 24 fps you'll notice some choppyness. Games don't have a focus point, so it takes higher frame rates to make objects movements seem less choppy. This also relates to view size reacting with the human eye. For instance, a 19inch monitor with lower resolution is a smaller focal point, making lower fps less noticeable. A 32" monitor with high resolution gives more vibrant detail, making missing frames of movement more noticeable, add to that the landscape the eye has to encompass in a larger monitor giving a much greater amount of focus points requiring higher frame rate.

Zombie mod for DR is a bit of fun, needs a lot of work and has nothing on W@W Nazi Zombies, but they can really sneak up on you sometimes.

Edited by Bulldogs

That video is hilarious :D

Total overkill to ban you over that but you have to understand that CM only have around 2 weeks left to dupe the console kiddies into pestering Mommy and Daddy for the credit card to purchase that shiny new DLC before MW2 shows up and dropkicks Floperation Trashpoint : Dumptruck Rising into obscurity. They aren't about to let a little thing called facts get in the way.

Eth

yeah, i posted it as a valid video for their contest. Then I logged in the next day and "banned." You know, sometimes, it's so fulfilling to piss people off.

Floperation Trashpoint : Dumptruck Rising

Well...what shall I say...I said all the time before, you may remember, give them time and see what the game is about and then judge it. I bought it, I played it...I judged it and I'm still quite perplexed how bad the game actually is. Don't know what to say. They fucked it up completely...the title quoted above fits perfectly. Where's my whiskey?

Grim

As quite alot of you are still having problems running arma 2 i heard OFPDR is quite a blast right out of the box so i might give that a go anyone play it?

lol wat

And no, it's not as good as ArmA 2. I'd only suggest getting it if ArmA 2 didn't have enough polish or it was too realistic for you.

Well...what shall I say...I said all the time before, you may remember, give them time and see what the game is about and then judge it. I bought it, I played it...I judged it and I'm still quite perplexed how bad the game actually is. Don't know what to say. They fucked it up completely...the title quoted above fits perfectly. Where's my whiskey?

Grim

Ditto

Was hoping it would be good, it wasn't.

And on the subject of Whiskey, DR should come with a bottle of Laphroaig, at least then I would be able to justify the expenditure ;)

nuff said

Eth

---------- Post added at 07:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:27 PM ----------

Zombie mod for DR is a bit of fun, needs a lot of work and has nothing on W@W Nazi Zombies, but they can really sneak up on you sometimes.

The W@W Zombie maps are so addictive. I'm constantly booting them up for a romp.

Don't you hate it when you are down to your last few rounds, desperately hoping for the "Ray Gun" or the MG42 and you get shafted by the f**king Teddy bear?

Really good fun :)

Eth

Edited by BangTail

As quite alot of you are still having problems running arma 2 i heard OFPDR is quite a blast right out of the box so i might give that a go anyone play it?

Pong runs great too. But I wouldn't give it Dragon Rising as high a score as pong for re-playability and depth.

The W@W Zombie maps are so addictive. I'm constantly booting them up for a romp.

Don't you hate it when you are down to your last few rounds, desperately hoping for the "Ray Gun" or the MG42 and you get shafted by the f**king Teddy bear?

Really good fun :)

Eth

Heh, yeah, gotta love it. I think my personal record was with the revolver.

Nazi Zombies is great for training aiming and focus too.

After this thread, I'd say that this game is driving some people into a certain level of insanity...

http://community.codemasters.com/forum/showthread.php?t=393306

Yep I wasnt even going to post a reply on it, being a troll and all. Could not help noticing that all those educated peeps spouting pschobabble over there could not be bothered using spell check (just as I don't), correct grammer, punctuation or sentance structure (again just as I am not). But after all that they still have the audacity to feel they can judge others on what a person has posted. Oh god now I am ranting about people and their posts, your point is taken, now lets fire up a round of Arma.

Oh wait all my clannies still want to play DR. :eek:

Yep I wasnt even going to post a reply on it, being a troll and all. Could not help noticing that all those educated peeps spouting pschobabble over there could not be bothered using spell check (just as I don't), correct grammer, punctuation or sentance structure (again just as I am not). But after all that they still have the audacity to feel they can judge others on what a person has posted. Oh god now I am ranting about people and their posts, your point is taken, now lets fire up a round of Arma.

Oh wait all my clannies still want to play DR. :eek:

Yeah, like it so hard to right click on the word that is spelled wrong with the red dotted line underneath. Welcome to 2009.

After this thread, I'd say that this game is driving some people into a certain level of insanity...

http://community.codemasters.com/forum/showthread.php?t=393306

That post is not even close to being psychology. It's total hogwash and everyone who read it is now less intelligent because of it. They could have had more fun depriving themselves of oxygen over a long period of time for the same result.

fwiw, i get game_on's point, i never said 24 fps was the max the eye can see or anything CLOSE to it, and i have never believed that. just that 24 fps does a fine job of deceiving the eye into believing that its witnessing reality, objectively speaking. maybe it is different in games but ive never noticed it tbh. i think higher frames is always better but in my view thats because that way when frames drop, its less likely to be noticeable or cause stutter.

anyway i am shocked someone is getting over 60 fps in a2, it must be nvidia, clockspeed, the monitor or something. i am convinced that if i turned everything off my fps would still not be above 60 and may not even be all that different from what they are now.

Can you blame him. Imagine you lived for Star Wars and pinned all your hopes on the Phantom Menace, waited patiently and once it finally came out it turned out to be... well... the Phantom Menace. That'd drive any nerd insane.

more accurately, what if george lucas was just the money behind star wars and another team actually created it, and they went out and made an actual sequel under a different name, but george lucas took his money & went out to use the name for profit on a sequel of his own, and you hedged your bet on him instead of them?? thats just stupidity, no sympathy needed.

When I first saw it, I thought "Ok, he's going to try and slag off the people making DR out to be bad" but as I read his entire post (God, I am sad...) I realized that's far from what he's doing. He's explaining the psychology behind the deceit...

Wow. Talk about taking a game far too seriously. :eek:

I mean, people over here take the game seriously, but very few members go to the lengths that he just did...

more accurately, what if george lucas was just the money behind star wars and another team actually created it, and they went out and made an actual sequel under a different name, but george lucas took his money & went out to use the name for profit on a sequel of his own, and you hedged your bet on him instead of them?? thats just stupidity, no sympathy needed.

Thats not right, as in this case Lucas would = BIS (since they created the first one, as did he)