Sign in to follow this  
W0lle

Dragon Rising has been released

The campaign is pure fun in coop mode! I really enjoyed it. Besides, you dont get to play as a special forces unit later so u can say bye-bye to that ugly outfit in the first mission.

The game looks decent during day, and the guns look better.

Edit: plus u can play the campaign in coop with strangers. In ArmA2 I was usually kicked whenever I joined an unknown guy's campaign server. This is not the case in OFPDR.

Edited by ziiip

Edit: plus u can play the campaign in coop with strangers. In ArmA2 I was usually kicked whenever I joined an unknown guy's campaign server. This is not the case in OFPDR.

Probably because you can't kick people in DR :rolleyes:

A real shame is that custom missions cant be auto downloaded at arrival,

everybody must manually download and install them in the folder, even when they just want to update them.

Probably because you can't kick people in DR :rolleyes:

Well anyway, there a lot of non-passworded servers, so obviously anyone is welcome there.

Edited by ziiip

Well anyway, there a lot of non-passworded servers, so obviously anyone is welcome there.

The reason you're getting kicked is either 1) because of your ping. 2) because you're using mods. 3) you have a different version of the game. 4) they just don't want you there.

Points 1) to 3) are things that only you can fix. Point 4) is in every single MP game. Just because you don't get kicked can't mean one game is better than the other, surely. :confused:

Rather it's because server admins in this community have learned over time that letting just everyone into your server leads to a run-and-gun and/or hack fest. I played on public servers only a few weeks in OFP (2003 in this case) and only played on clan and PW-protected servers afterwards. The style of play on these public servers had nothing to do with what makes BIS games great. Use of the brain being more important than quick use of the muscles in your hand. There are a lot of games that offer the "fix" for the latter, DR being one of them.

Interesting how people judge missing features like dedicated server software as a benefit for DR, yet whine about BIS' games for exactly the same reasons :yay: (not specifically aimed at you)

...and so is there in ArmA 2 so i don't see the big greatness there!

so obviously anyone is welcome there.

That be cheaters, tk'ers and infantiles :yay:

Call me an ahole or whatever, but does anyone find it funny that the DR community started this site (http://ofphq.com/) solely for modding and yet there is nothing to mod? lol

Edited by Hans Ludwig

Call me an ahole or whatever, but does anyone find it funny that the DR community started this site (http://ofphq.com/) solely for modding; and there is nothing to mod? lol

The only word I can think of is it has to be a demoralizer not to have SDK in that community.

I wouldn't call you an a-hole. I completely agree. CM took away the main thing that has made BIS' games great, including the original OFP - modding. Without that, the came can't possibly survive. Especially not with the community it's gathered.

Is it true that DR uses the infamous ammo pot?

Is the 4 man fireteam an engine limitation or has anyone tried to "group" more with the editor? (full squad).

Is there free view inside the vehicles? I saw few guys driving around on YT and they were stuck with a strange front camera, anyone could walk up to the jeep, put a bullet in their heads thru the window and walk away without being noticed.

Does the a.i. use the same healing system that the player does? (Bleeding, wound dressing, patching up) Do the bad guys bleed to death if they receive a lethal wound?

Do the checkpoints really heal you and your squad to 100%? (WTF?) :confused: .

Does the a.i. have inventory space? Can they run out of ammo?

Im finding it unbelievable how much CM screwed up..

They did managed to crack open about 1/4 of the content, only problem is they still need the rest of 3/4 and after that they still need a way to repack them......the future doesnt look good for them

Is it true that DR uses the infamous ammo pot?

Not sure what you mean here

Is the 4 man fireteam an engine limitation or has anyone tried to "group" more with the editor? (full squad).

4 is not the limit afaik, but i was not able to group individual entities myself (not that i have tried it too much). Seems you can only place pre-defined groups (squad of 4 or 5) on the map

Is there free view inside the vehicles? I saw few guys driving around on YT and they were stuck with a strange front camera, anyone could walk up to the jeep, put a bullet in their heads thru the window and walk away without being noticed.

No freeview for me. Maybe if you have track-ir, but cannot confirm it since i don't have one.

It surely doesn't have a freelook button

Does the a.i. use the same healing system that the player does? (Bleeding, wound dressing, patching up) Do the bad guys bleed to death if they receive a lethal wound?

Not really. The AI are collapsing somehow if hit hard, but never seen one bleed to death, nor using any type of wound dressing...

Do the checkpoints really heal you and your squad to 100%? (WTF?) :confused: .

Yes, it does, it actually revives your fallen squad members as well. (spoiler: on hardcore mode, there is no checkpoint or other means to save your progress, so there is no healing/revive)

Does the a.i. have inventory space? Can they run out of ammo?

There is no such thing as inventory space, but rather weapons slots as in any other FPS. Never seen an AI running our of ammo (You can try with an AT gunner, he'll shoot your IFV untill he gets you, or you kill him)

Im finding it unbelievable how much CM screwed up..

no shit :P

They did managed to crack open about 1/4 of the content, only problem is they still need the rest of 3/4 and after that they still need a way to repack them......the future doesnt look good for them

True, but cracking open content doesn't help all that much if there is no means for your to alter/edit those files, or add some of your own...

There is no documentation whatsoever, or official statement on this subject

Edited by PuFu

The editor only allows 5 units to be grouped to a parent Echelon AI system. That means you can only have a max of 5 units directly controlled by the player. And no, the vehicles do not have freelook when in 3rd person view, and a very limited one in 1st person.

Every thing else PuFu answered.

to "4 in 1" and "leopardi":with all respect for you,look at some video of real fight and you will discover that arma 2 provides realistic sounds of all weapons,also the hugly sound of certain models of AK(it is close to reality) so I cant figure out the legend about the supposed "low quality weapon effects of arma"....the real weapons arent "funny" to use,not "cool" as movies,cod,bf,dr,ecc...

What about EXPLOSIONS? There is one (1) sound that isn't even realistic playing for all explosions.

True it looks very pretty but i feel so much has been changed that it just does not feel or even look likeflashpoint anymore. The original command controls worked perfectly, now it seems the game has adopted a dumbed down rainbow 6 vegas style interface which looks like it can really get in the way in the heat of action when you just want to roder your men to advance, you need to scroll through about 3 options before finding the option rather than pressing the f keys like before. Now im assuming you don't have any choice with the console version but i hope this isnt the case for pc, because while you are messing about trying to get the orders you want, you are being shot at. Secondly another thing i have noticed is that the game really seems to have followed a more arcade call of duty style interface again which seems to take it away from the serious side of seek and destroy using clever battle tactics. I may be wrong,but from all the vids i have seen so far, i cant get this and play it as flashpoint, but play it as a completely new game.

I am up to mission 10 now and while i have had a good few blasts in co-op, it is not really getting its claws into me.

Part of me wishes i had of bought the 360 version, so i could play co-op with my mates, but the other part of me tells me that i was better of buying the pc version as it was cheaper, and the game is not worth "360 money"

I may do the final 2 missions tonight and shelve the game for a while to see if anything becomes of the game in the way of patches, just bought Dawn of War2 in the steam deal so i have started getting into that instead :D

I love how a majority of the linked reviews say "this is an ultimate war simulator" yet most interviews with Sion Lenton shortly before release had him saying "ofp : dr will not be a simulator"

I also find it funny that most of the high scoring user reviews on metacritic mention how much they hate arma

I voted on Metacritic and gave it a 3/10.

Don't have to repeat the already said-to-death faults of the game, but the only redeeming factors that I find with the game are the radio system, the "Fire on my lead" command, and the performance (which, even then, can be bad at times). It's an obvious console port and by no means worthy of the name "Operation Flashpoint".

Edit: Oh my f*@&ing god. Just found this on the CM forums. You've got to be kidding me...

Edited by Zipper5

My wife was straigtening up the office, and saw the OFP/DR Disk. She went and filed it in my DVD rack (alphabetical) and put it right next to the original Operation Flashpoint Disk.

I FREAKED!

I jumped up and go "What the hell are you doing?"

Her: "Putting away that disk."

Me, " IT DOESN'T GO THERE!"

Her: "It says Operation Flashpoint, and you have another one right there."

Me: "No no no, that goes in the bin in the closet. The one marked "CRAP".

Her: "You're so damn weird."

truestory

Edited by [RIP] Luhgnut

Who is going to buy their next "Operation Flashpoint" after this one?

I wonder what the story is going to be this time...

Let's not get ahead of ourselves here, we still need to wait for some DLC.

:banghead:

Luhgnut;1465778']My wife was straigtening up the office' date=' and saw the OFP/DR Disk. She went and filed it in my DVD rack (alphabetical) and put it right next to the original Operation Flashpoint Disk.

I FREAKED!

truestory[/quote']

LOL maybe she had been in your Nyquil stash :p

Who is going to buy their next "Operation Flashpoint" after this one?

Not me. CM don't deserve any more money. At all.

Luhgnut;1465778']My wife was straigtening up the office' date=' and saw the OFP/DR Disk. She went and filed it in my DVD rack (alphabetical) and put it right next to the original Operation Flashpoint Disk.

I FREAKED!

truestory[/quote']

You're insane. The girl in white in your room isn't your wife, she's a nurse :teeth: