Sign in to follow this  
W0lle

Dragon Rising has been released

You're insane. The girl in white in your room isn't your wife, she's a nurse :teeth:

Shhh... It's MY fantasy. Now, where'd I put that aluminum foil?

---------- Post added at 01:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:07 PM ----------

LOL maybe she had been in your Nyquil stash :p

I better check it. Thanks for reminding me.

---------- Post added at 01:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:08 PM ----------

Let's not get ahead of ourselves here, we still need to wait for some DLC.

:banghead:

Right now, the polls over at CM's PC forums is not looking good. They have one up asking if people will pay for DLC. It's like 80% "NO."

---------- Post added at 01:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:09 PM ----------

4 is not the limit afaik, but i was not able to group individual entities myself (not that i have tried it too much). Seems you can only place pre-defined groups (squad of 4 or 5) on the map

This is true. If you try to "build" a squad, it appears they tried to put it in, but then bailed on it. You have to put in a pre-made, then make yourself a player.

What's annoying, is that some of the squads don't have complete templates for some of the positions, so an AT squad that would normally be made up with several different types of troops, is invalid. You have to delete those guys. Errors come up with "missing template" type error. I placed a squad last night, and had to delete 2 of the 5 guys in it. to get it to compile.

That [ = DD = ] Luhgnut is so funny. :D :D

Edited by LoLL
öööööö

The amount of Marketing they put in this game is astonishing... I believe they spent in magazine ads and PR what Arma 2 must have cost in development.

There are 4x3m ads in every other subway station in Paris...

I hadn't seen such a promo for a game since GTA IV.

Edited by EricM
typo

The amount of Marketing they put in this game is astonishing... I believe they spent in magazine ads and PR what Arma 2 must have cost in development.

There are 4x3m ads in the every other subway station in Paris...

Agreed. In my city literally half the billboards and bus stop adverts are for Dragon Rising. It has this picture I think - it haunts me in my sleep now...

By the way, I have looked and looked, but I cannot work out what is on the computer in the credits image - what is it? All I can see is the word HEAD and what I guess is some blood.

EDIT: And I havn't brought the game, I had hopes at times, but these were dashed. Will try a demo though if one ever comes out.

By the way, I have looked and looked, but I cannot work out what is on the computer in the credits image - what is it? All I can see is the word HEAD and what I guess is some blood.

file.php?id=713&t=1

This is something he said in an interview...

"As you can see, i've taken a hit to the head. It's nothing serious but I am bleeding badly." ~ Codies Developer

http://www.gametrailers.com/player/50857.html

It's a wallpaper Abs made to take the piss out of something the CM bloke said in one of the promo videos for DR.

http://forums.bistudio.com/showpost.php?p=1306577&postcount=1751

The vid it was said in: http://www.gametrailers.com/video/e3-09-operation-flashpoint/50857

Ed:- meh, pufu beat me to it

Edited by da12thMonkey

"If that had been a leg injury it would have effected my ability to sprint, if had been an arm injury it would have effected my ability to aim"... and if you are hit in the head does it effect your ability to think? CM developers have all been hit in the head it seems.

There are 4x3m ads in every other subway station in Paris...

Just saw a 30sec TV commercial last week in the U.S. Crazy.

If you can't produce quality, produce quantity! Even if that quantity is just a load of advertisements showing off nothing in the actual game itself but hoping people buy it impusively rather than checking several sources first.

I've seen massive posters in pretty much every shop that sells games since it came out and I've had to tell my friends it's an epic failure and to stay clear! They think I'm mad but I'm saving them 40 quid or so as they'd get the console version! Poor delusional things.

I only Paid £17 for my PC copy and i still feel i was robbed LOL :D

Spent around 45 mins tonight trying to do the last 2 missions in co-op

Most of that was us starting a mission and 5 mins later, losing connection to the host. i gave up in the end and put Arma2 back in the machine.

It's a wallpaper Abs made to take the piss out of something the CM bloke said in one of the promo videos for DR.

http://forums.bistudio.com/showpost.php?p=1306577&postcount=1751

The vid it was said in: http://www.gametrailers.com/video/e3-09-operation-flashpoint/50857

Ed:- meh, pufu beat me to it

for those who dont want to scan through the whole video, its at about 1:21 into it and it cracked me up :D

but he also takes about 5 hits to his character, showcases the AI which is crap at aiming and blows up his teammate, so what should you expect of this game...

Edited by SASrecon

OMG LoL!!

That wallpaper made me laugh... OMG, how can one call this game simulator..?!

Anyways, here's a short quote of one guy on YouTube:

Guys nick is seandray

And i obviously have played both of these games this game is more of an arcade style shooter (he's talking about Arma 2 being arcade shooter) i dont think its anywhere near a military sim OFPDR has better graphics and the online isnt crowded with people that lay on the floor and spray so up yours P.s. OFPDR isnt anything like cod

LOOOOL!!!!

Edited by Minoza

Ahhh... now I've got the wallpaper joke...haha, thats indeed very funny :D

OMG LoL!!

That wallpaper made me laugh... OMG, how can one call this game simulator..?!

Anyways, here's a short quote of one guy on YouTube:

Guys nick is seandray

And i obviously have played both of these games this game is more of an arcade style shooter (he's talking about Arma 2 being arcade shooter) i dont think its anywhere near a military sim OFPDR has better graphics and the online isnt crowded with people that lay on the floor and spray so up yours P.s. OFPDR isnt anything like cod

LOOOOL!!!!

Well these are the things you can expect to hear/read on youtube, it's full of morons and little kids ;)

Well these are the things you can expect to hear/read on youtube, it's full of morons and little kids ;)

Couldn't agree more.

I just saw they are trying to mimick the user videos of ArmA2, but rather than let people do such things off their own back because they think it is a good platform to do so, they have to bribe with prizes. Which I have no doubt also ensures these videos put DR in a positive light. They're even trying to ensure the user videos use their marketing techniques:

feel free to use some creative license!

Can you tell I'm becoming increasingly irritated with Codemasters?

I know some people here didnt like the inaccurate AI in Dragon Rising, so here a link to a new mod :

Hardcore AI version 1.0

But I thought Dragon Rising was so perfect and the AI was so flawless it didn't require any mods!

Oh wait, must've been speaking of another game.

Thanks for the link, downloading. :)

And i'm more eager to get copy in my hands. Buuut lovely ladies at post office have forgotten that i happen to exist and really wish to have that copy. Happens with p0rn too.

Read thread about it, and they seem to have morale multipliers and all for firing accuracy. Suppression is going to be needed to get close or alive across open space. Nice.

Good news is that these kind small but important tweaks can be made already now, atleast for AI part.

I just saw they are trying to mimick the user videos of ArmA2, but rather than let people do such things off their own back because they think it is a good platform to do so, they have to bribe with prizes. Which I have no doubt also ensures these videos put DR in a positive light. They're even trying to ensure the user videos use their marketing techniques:

Can you tell I'm becoming increasingly irritated with Codemasters?

I submitted my videos.... wonder how I'll do?

Oh and I had to share this from one of my video comments. The is a DR fanboy obviously...I put on my video all this crap on how horrid the game is, and this one scene, I have an A1M1 running into a tree. The readout says 70 and I put MPH. He corrects me here....

"thats 70 kilometers per hour, didnt think of that did you f:eek:ckhead???"

To which I reply:

"Actually as someone pointed out. A1M1 is 70 Tons of armor. Moving at 43MPH or as my colleague states 70KPH.

If you remember your physics...

70Tons of Armor moving at 43MPH is:

9.6919e+6 Foot Pounds. Little over 9e to the 6 power. Vs. a little tree. Ever think of that? F:eek:ckhead?

furthermore, the tree, BOUNCES back the A1M1. So not only absorbs the impact but, but pushes the tank backwards 10KPH, so...

it has a force pushing back of a higher value than the tank. So the tree would have the strength of 1.2748e+7 foot pounds.

The tree would have a mass of: 77.162 Tons."

Actually that's wrong. The tree would have to have a mass of 77.162 tons and be moving at a speed of 80 Kph+ to compensate, but it's Sunday.

Edited by [RIP] Luhgnut

Luhgnut;1465778']My wife was straigtening up the office' date=' and saw the OFP/DR Disk. She went and filed it in my DVD rack (alphabetical) and put it right next to the original Operation Flashpoint Disk.

I FREAKED!

I jumped up and go "What the hell are you doing?"

Her: "Putting away that disk."

Me, " IT DOESN'T GO THERE!"

Her: "It says Operation Flashpoint, and you have another one right there."

Me: "No no no, that goes in the bin in the closet. The one marked "CRAP".

Her: "You're so damn weird."

truestory[/quote']

Haha, good on you.

Luhgnut;1466684']Actually that's wrong. The tree would have to have a mass of 77.162 tons and be moving at a speed of 80 Kph+ to compensate' date=' but it's Sunday.[/quote']

It's complicated to think damn it!

Luhgnut;1466684']I submitted my videos.... wonder how I'll do?

Expect some copycats. I did a similar test in A2 and got a rifleman to be almost as stupid. He could shoot me at least, but I once managed to run three laps around him, sprint past him and he kept staring in the direction I appeared from, and I couldn't always get him to turn towards me when he was prone.

depend on how stupid and blind you want him to be, yeah, they are as stupid as it does, but then if you put DR AI as elite you can still do the same thing