889 members have voted

1. 1. What do you like?

• Jungle, seas, islands
    • Mountains, rivers, lakes, forests
    • Big residental areas
    • Snow lands
    • Alien worlds, fantasy
    • Deserts and rocky areas

And the most-realistic way to decorate a neighborhood (unless it is a gated community with a Nazi-like home-owners' association) is to ask individual friends how they would decorate, landscape and improve a home.

That wouldn't be hard to do at all either knowing the amount of Americans on the forums (me included! :))

That wouldn't be hard to do at all either knowing the amount of Americans on the forums (me included! :))

You'd need completely new models and buildings etc...

New cars, new trees, an entire range of new objects! :eek:

I would love this to happen, but we'd need to get a large group of competant creators to make this a reality.

From what I understand, making new buildings and objects is a hard thing to do in ARMA2. :butbut:

who the hell votet for aliens ??

XD i wnat URBAN WAR with Jungle

I'd love to see European scenery with some isolated farms, a few villages and one or two towns and a military facility. There should be some hills and forests but also wide open scenery for tank battles. A wide river with one or two bridges and a large lake with a dam would be great.

My favourite idea is a large map which comes in two versions:

a) Peace: All buildings are intact, civilian infrastructure is present. Useful for peaceful missions (simulation of civilian life, police missions, counter terrorist missions, search and rescue for civilians after accidents, etc.)

b) War: Now many buildings are damaged or destroyed, some roads are blocked by debris, sandbag fortifications would serve as checkpoints, etc. (This one could obviously be used for any military type of mission)

I think the current autumn setting is perfect. It is good for sunshine, rain and fog - mission designers can be very creative and the multicoloured trees look nice, too. Winter might be a good idea, but I think it must be extemely difficult to create a believable winter scenario with footsteps and tracks in the snow, slippery surfaces, and all the other typical winter things. I am afraid that a believable winter scenario would be too much for a normal computer.

I'd love to see European scenery with some isolated farms, a few villages and one or two towns and a military facility. There should be some hills and forests but also wide open scenery for tank battles. A wide river with one or two bridges and a large lake with a dam would be great.

a) Peace: All buildings are intact, civilian infrastructure is present. Useful for peaceful missions (simulation of civilian life, police missions, counter terrorist missions, search and rescue for civilians after accidents, etc.)

b) War: Now many buildings are damaged or destroyed, some roads are blocked by debris, sandbag fortifications would serve as checkpoints, etc. (This one could obviously be used for any military type of mission)

I think the current autumn setting is perfect. It is good for sunshine, rain and fog - mission designers can be very creative and the multicoloured trees look nice, too. Winter might be a good idea, but I think it must be extemely difficult to create a believable winter scenario with footsteps and tracks in the snow, slippery surfaces, and all the other typical winter things. I am afraid that a believable winter scenario would be too much for a normal computer.

Here's a cool one

http://armaholic.com/page.php?id=8791

* waits for enad to comment on orange tree obsession *

Something like Celle?

I want this.

If there is someone who can do it, then you. ;)

I'm quite new to O2, but if I could get a bit of help I could definitely build and texture simple objects for you (street signs, etc.).

Would anyone fancy a nice small island for simple PvP or Coop missions? I could throw together something similiar to Yanutha A1 island:

- 2 airfields (SW/NE)

- couple of towns (larger than in Yantuha)

- nice hilly terrain with a lot of bumps for cover

There would be three versions: jungle, euro and desert. ;)

I think what Arma 2 is missing the most is a simply giant city with all buildings enterable. Of course OA might already supply that demand, but you never really know. Doesn't have to cover a huge area, even 1KMX1KM would be way better than anything we have right now.

Would anyone fancy a nice small island for simple PvP or Coop missions? I could throw together something similiar to Yanutha A1 island:

- 2 airfields (SW/NE)

- couple of towns (larger than in Yantuha)

- nice hilly terrain with a lot of bumps for cover

There would be three versions: jungle, euro and desert. ;)

I would IceBreaker but I think if it was specifically desgined with missions in mind on a small scale then the terrain would have to reflect it with there being ways for people to exploit the terrain to a tactical advantage. Might be challenging in terms of planning, but I'm sure you are up to it IceBreaker.

Whatever you do I'm sure it will be fantastic.

I think what Arma 2 is missing the most is a simply giant city with all buildings enterable. Of course OA might already supply that demand, but you never really know. Doesn't have to cover a huge area, even 1KMX1KM would be way better than anything we have right now.

OA will definitely supply this. Zargabad is a very massive city compared to anything else we've had before.

Yeah but do we have a modern first world metropolis?

...requires a "modern first world metropolis buildings models pack"...

B

After playing some OA, I must say the "big" city is actually pretty small. A truly large city using the new OA buildings would definitely be awesome.

After playing some OA, I must say the "big" city is actually pretty small. A truly large city using the new OA buildings would definitely be awesome.

u mad?

Want even more lag!?!

I was building a 1KMx1KM city map for Arma2 but abandoned it due to the complete lack of variety of enterable buildings. It wasn't much improved if I included all the buildings. I mean it was supposed to be an Eastern European city with a strong Soviet influence - but even they had some variety. I don't have OA yet, but when I do, if I can mix the buildings or OA has enough of it's own, I'm likely to revisit the project.. Have a look at some screenies here

If there are sufficient buildings, I may enlarge it to include either a large military base or a Mil/Civ airport.

So..community has everything "you might need" ..but is lacking people

with talent and passion in 3d building-models in quality of (i.e) Zargabad??

God..the last 2+ years i 'v seen Dozens and dozents M16,M4 packs/USMC and Russian Uniforms (with really minor differences between them imho) ..

but i remember ONLY 2 building packs

the AGS buildings pack and OPX buildings pack..and of course

some new buildings introduced with some well known maps (as whole pack).

*I m really sorry if i forgot to mention other guys tho..

but... That's all guys?

Edited by GiorgyGR

AGS recently released it's building models for ARMA 2.

There is a skyscraper pack already out for ARMA 2

There is work being done in a US Building Model pack by a team along with other generic things you would find in a city such as signs, streetlights, etc.

Another thing we must take into consideration is:

"A high object-quality map requires lots and lots of resources (regarding CPU/GPU power) ,that's why (i.e.)you can't play the BFBC2 all maps as 1 map..

and that's why all serious simulations have lower/low quality of terrain and map objects."

Edited by GiorgyGR

I would too like to see a map based in the US. But I want to see one based in the American Heartlands.(Missouri Arkansas, Kentucky, Illinois, and Kansas)

Largely because it is the most under appreciated area of the United States in the terms of gaming.

Edited by (2142)Gen.Reaper

Well, OA definitely has a much better variety of enterable buidlings. I made a city with a script (no addons required) on the NW airfield in Chernarus using all of the few enterable buildings that were in the game and it resulted in some pretty fun missions even if the town didn't "feel" right, and people with low-end machines were having some difficulties playing in it. However having a city that only works for mid/high-end machines is better than not having any city at all. In any case, if lack of enterable buildings is what made you kill your project, OA can definitely revive it.