Sign in to follow this  
9thAircav

kiska / skira ,does anyone want to see this island in A2 ? (the OFPDR island)

why not, at least Arma2 can make use of it :)

Having lived in the Aleutians for 2 years (as a kid), I'd LOVE to see Kiska (or Adak) ;) in A2. In fact, that was about the only reason I was considering getting OFP2. So... if it was in A2... well... there goes that. :D

positive comments, the project shall continue.. we the designers were thinking of enhancing it in relation to whats depicted in ofp. we would like to clarifiy that we have no interest in causing upset for codemasters or the recently re invented IP for dragon rising. its just another project, one that is based on the fact that in reality this is a real island. At this stage we are not sure what direction to take the project in terms of its inclusion within arma2 as a mod but alas we have some ideas, its a very baron island with space for whatever is necessary to enhance it. it has some extensive WW2 history. see wiki for that. We would welcome some input for ideas !

Edited by 9thAircav

Yeah, Coddies don't have exclusive license on Kiska heightmap/data, so go ahead & good luck! :)

i welcome the idea of making this island.

positive comments, the project shall continue.. we the designers were thinking of enhancing it in relation to whats depicted in ofp. we would like to clarifiy that we have no interest in causing upset for codemasters or the recently re invented IP for dragon rising. its just another project, one that is based on the fact that in reality this is a real island. At this stage we are not sure what direction to take the project in terms of its inclusion within arma2 as a mod but alas we have some ideas, its a very baron island with some extensive WW2 history. see wiki for that. We would welcome some input for ideas !

1. Codemasters doesn't have any rights on an island that exists iRL, so there is no way they can ask for anything. Just call it by its real name - Kiska, instead of Skira, or whatever they choose to call it.

2. You can even go as far as to recreate the DR campaign without any legal problems, especially if you do it right (or someone else after the island is done) with a story behind it. The DR camp is based (more or less) on a book by by Tom Clancy The Bear and The Dragon

Good Luck

I say go ahead, it'd be interesting to see what the island looks like in ArmA II. Just make sure it's legal for you to do so, of course.

The island's boring really, but I look forward to being able to see if it looks any better in ArmA II.

Oh - the weather should be bad almost all the time. :) Gray, dreary, fog, and wind. Lots of wind.

It would be great, like everyone else said, there is nothing CM could about it, if it's a real place then they don't have rights to it in real life.

Yes! Especially if you can make the night BRIGHT LIKE IT'S NOON!

Kidding. Go for it, even the first screenshot looks better than the whole thing in DR.

2. You can even go as far as to recreate the DR campaign without any legal problems, especially if you do it right (or someone else after the island is done) with a story behind it. The DR camp is based (more or less) on a book by by Tom Clancy The Bear and The Dragon

Good Luck

Rather then ripping of the whole campaign id rather see whomever only ripping of the general plot and building a whole new campaign.

And yes id be really interested in this project. Could make for some really interesting comparisons between arma2 and dragon rising.

But you are going to add one or two airports right? at least some dirt/gravel runways.

Edited by Angle

Couldn't have thought of a better idea for an island myself. :)

Rather then ripping of the whole campaign id rather see whomever only ripping of the general plot and building a whole new campaign.

Well, that was my point. Not a rip off (especially since the campaing is soo week, with no story behind it)

I say hell yeah. Would love to see it myself as well. :D

hihi it would be a small island:p:D

& don't forget CM, they cry violated Copyright:eek::D= joke

Nice Idea!!!:ok:

Edited by TeilX

lets not rip anything off, infact to exceed the OFPDR island in terms of playability and general levels of detail is the idea. if that involves a set campaign then so be it, but that will come when the island is finished. (it'll be done when its done).

real question is what to do with the volcano.

1. an actual volcano with special effects (erupting) :) in a world of fantasy anythings possible here. :)

2. secret chinese rocket base ! ala james bond style.

3. airwolf's lair. (LOL)

You could have lots of baron destroyed objects like broken cars, dead trees, destroyed towns, codemasters...

:)

Edited by STALKERGB

hihi it would be a small island

& don't forget CM, they cry violated Copyright

The real Kiska (the one this project hopefully will be based on) is actually quite large, long if nothing else. Codemasters has nothing on the project because Kiska is a real place.

real question is what to do with the volcano.

1. an actual volcano with special effects (erupting) :) in a world of fantasy anythings possible here. :)

2. secret chinese rocket base ! ala james bond style.

3. airwolf's lair. (LOL)

You could have lots of baron destroyed or objects like broken cars, dead trees, destroyed towns, codemasters...

In my opinion the island should be done faithfully to the real life original. Everything extra should be up to individual missions.

Googling kiska island gives lots of good reference material, including history, detailed maps and photos of small but interesting details. The ship and sub wrecks and truck dumps would be awesome to have in the A2 version.