Sign in to follow this  
Binkowski

US Army 2009 Units

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/3/33/CSA-2006-06-02-084701.jpg

Just stick an assault bag with a radio antenna and handset sticking out of it. That's what I had while wandering through the forests Fort Benning with LT.

Also codeblue addons by Dave for OFP has a PRC-119 that you could use if you could get a hold of him LINKY.

As well as Lasers US Weapons LINKY.

Edited by suhsjake

also have shoulders protections would be nice

That additional "armor" for the IOTV sucks. In the infantry units my company's been attached to, the only people who wore it were the truck gunners because they're more exposed. Basically, if an IED penetrates the armor of the truck, that little flap of kevlar's not going to do anything to help you. Mostly, it does a good job of adding weight and keeping you hotter than you need to be.

It isn't meant to protect from IEDs, it is designed to protect the wearer of said equipment in a 360 degree combat environment. Sometimes a front and back plate, and the soft armor the user is wearing, doesn't cut it when you are being shot at from the sides, and from the top. I'm not 100% sure, but I think its part of the DAPS kit(Deltiod Armor Protection System?). It consists of the shoulder armor, the side plates(now included with IOTV, this was designed for the IBA), and another soft armor panel that fits under the armpit.

That being said, unit SOPs usually determine who is wearing what, and god knows the brass loves to see a well armored soldier in 140 degree heat.

It would be kind of cool to see them in game, just make them a seperate unit, so you don't have to wear them if you don't want to.

A radio would definitely be cool. Like someone said, just make it a regular assault pack with a whip antenna and a handmic sticking out of it.

plus i dont think it reaches above 100 degrees in Chernarus ever :rolleyes:

if it was a separate unit it would be cool to have the shoulder armor, but certainly not on all of them

Pete10, I've made many missions with these. Just haven't been released yet. I should get them finished up and released to the public soon, both SP and MP missions.

I'm not sure if DAPS will stop a 9mm, but I know it won't stop rifle rounds from penetrating. All they really offer protection from is fragments, such as from IED's. There are side plates you can attach to the armor separate from the vests, and I know my unit will be wearing these downrange, but I think our gunners are the only ones with DAPS to protect them from IED's up in the turret. The soft panel under the armpit's not too cumbersome, but most of the guys I work with agree the shoulder DAPS are more of a pain in the butt than they're worth, except for the gunner.

Binkowski, I find the Weapons in your pack have too big the Frontgrip.

Do not take that to evil. I think that the Frontgrip is simple too big (my thoughts) ;)

Five new screenshots of the new version 1.6 of the units. Expect a release soon!

acu_grens_s.jpg

acu_prisoners_s.jpg

acu_stop_s.jpg

acu_team_s.jpg

acu_tl_s.jpg

looking great man.

something i did notice in the v1.5(here ) was that the bink_weap.pbo was not there even tho it was stated to be. did you happen to incorporate them together in the bink_us_acu.pbo or did i do something wrong lol

im trying to add the weapons into a mission ( an edited domi for me and my "friends") and noticed it wasnt there. i get no entry found, for the weapons, when startign the mission.

ohyeah, cant wait for the next release of them :)

looks like you have fixed the "sharpen tool" look... liking them pictures!

Edited by H3NRY

Just to say fantastic work on these mods, all the one's i use mainly are the brit troops, but these are a must for me now, look forward to the new update, good luck!

I can't get the ACU the 09 units to show up?

====

There is four PBO files in the .7zip archive, which need to be extracted into your ArmA2/Addons folder.

Put the following files in your addons folder:

BINK_US_ACU.pbo

BINK_US_ACU.pbo.BINK.bisign

Units can be found under "West\US Army\US Infantry '09".

I followed these directions and there were 2 files and a read me file, I extracted them to my desktop and put the 2 in my addons folder and can't see the results in game?

Where is the "West/US Army/US Infrantry 09" ? Should that show up in the game? Sorry new here uninformed. * note - I have vista

Edited by stevedrumsdw

I can't get the ACU the 09 units to show up?

====

There is four PBO files in the .7zip archive, which need to be extracted into your ArmA2/Addons folder.

Put the following files in your addons folder:

BINK_US_ACU.pbo

BINK_US_ACU.pbo.BINK.bisign

Units can be found under "West\US Army\US Infantry '09".

I followed these directions and there were 2 files and a read me file, I extracted them to my desktop and put them in my addons folder and can't see the results in game?

Where is the "West/US Army/US Infrantry 09" ? Should that show upin the game? Sorry new here uninformed.

There is a type in the readme. It should say two, you only need BINK_US_ACU.pbo and the bisign. Place them in your addons folder. Then under Faction (where it says USMC) click to change, and a drop down menu should appear that says USMC, CDF, and US Army. Go to US Army, and US Infantry '09 should be the only one there. Also, BINK_WEP.pbo is not needed anymore.

There is a type in the readme. It should say two, you only need BINK_US_ACU.pbo and the bisign. Place them in your addons folder. Then under Faction (where it says USMC) click to change, and a drop down menu should appear that says USMC, CDF, and US Army. Go to US Army, and US Infantry '09 should be the only one there. Also, BINK_WEP.pbo is not needed anymore.

I went into the editor and only see USMC and CDF, I must have done something wrong somewhere maybe. I will erase and redo. I have the latest patch 1.04. Do the 2 files have to be alphabetized in the addons folder? I can't see what I could be doing wrong here, maybe its vista? I have had it make trouble with my mods from medieval war 2, had to turn off the security feature. Who knows?

Edited by stevedrumsdw

No. I have Windows 7. Are you placing the .PBO's in your addon folder? Although not recommended. We can use this as a base to make sure that it is working ok for you. Follow these steps.

1. Go to your ArmA2 Directory

2. Click on the folder "AddOns"

3. Open up BINK_US_Army_v1.5b.7z

4. Extract the files "BINK_US_ACU.pbo" and "BINK_US_ACU.pbo.BINK.bisign" to your Addons directory.

5. So now, your addon folder should have two extra PBO's in there. (Other than vanilla files).

6. Start up ArmA2.

7. Go into the editor, and check Under BLUFOR -> US Army -> US Infantry '09.

I hope that cleared things up.

No. I have Windows 7. Are you placing the .PBO's in your addon folder? Although not recommended. We can use this as a base to make sure that it is working ok for you. Follow these steps.

1. Go to your ArmA2 Directory

2. Click on the folder "AddOns"

3. Open up BINK_US_Army_v1.5b.7z

4. Extract the files "BINK_US_ACU.pbo" and "BINK_US_ACU.pbo.BINK.bisign" to your Addons directory.

5. So now, your addon folder should have two extra PBO's in there. (Other than vanilla files).

6. Start up ArmA2.

7. Go into the editor, and check Under BLUFOR -> US Army -> US Infantry '09.

I hope that cleared things up.

Thanks I will try that. OMG you know what it was, my icon on my desktop was not valid for launching this lol. Hey thanks alot, got it working the ACU looks great!!!

Edited by stevedrumsdw

Glad to hear that you got it working. Expect the new release of the units to happen either today, or tomorrow. Thanks to my beta testers for providing feedback! I'm making some last minute changes, and waiting for a new mission that is being made. Sit tight!

Will a proper replacement addon be released as well?

Version 1.6 is here! Check the front page for more information. Also b00ce. The replacement pack will be fixed for the next version. Sit tight!

Wait... I'm confused, did you remove vilas' weapon pack and replace it with M-16A2's or did you just add units with M-16's?

They are removed at the moment. I will be making another release that has them included. I had mixed opinions with the pack, some loved it, some hated it. It's all in the community. I'll be sure to include just a config file where you can choose. Make it easy. I'll keep you informed.