Sign in to follow this  
Binkowski

US Army 2009 Units

for sake of realism - concerning M240B and M240B Elcan - i made them and you can have them for this addon :)

Just a little off-topic. When I trying to make up a US infantry squad in game, just wonder whether it should be in 9 soldiers or 10 or even more? I think it might be 9 in realism? One squad leader with two fire teams in four soldiers for each?

for sake of realism - concerning M240B and M240B Elcan - i made them and you can have them for this addon :)

Would be great. Thank you in the name of the community!

Just a little off-topic. When I trying to make up a US infantry squad in game, just wonder whether it should be in 9 soldiers or 10 or even more? I think it might be 9 in realism? One squad leader with two fire teams in four soldiers for each?

If I remember correctly in the USMC there is a squad leader plus 2 fire teams making it 9 in a squad. In the U.S.Army the squad leader is part of a fire team. So there be should rather 8 or 12 soldiers in a squad.

Edited by DiFool

Would be great. Thank you in the name of the community!

If I remember correctly in the USMC there is a squad leader plus 2 fire teams making it 9 in a squad. In the U.S.Army the squad leader is part of a fire team. So there be should rather 8 or 12 soldiers in a squad.

the Marines have 3 fire teams for a total of 12. The Army has 2 fireteams for a total of 9.

the Marines have 3 fire teams for a total of 12. The Army has 2 fireteams for a total of 9.

Seems as though I messed it up.

That would be great, thanks vilas! :cool:

nice! dream come true :yay:

All credit will be given to vilas for that. This will be included in the next update with all credit given to him. Can't thank him enough for letting me use it.

Seems you're correct.

There's even talk of scrapping the current ACU camo. Contenders include Multicam, and a MARPAT-esque updated version of the current camo.

That last one there looks like a hunters camo, I hope it doesn't win. The current one looks so nice and unique.

Great respect to Vilas, that was a cool thing to do.

Wow, this is going to be great!! Vilas that was a very kind gesture, and a great example of sharing within this community. Thank you very much. These units are looking better and better, and now they will have approiate weapons. Can't wait.

Nickos: and who cares ? OA will be released in 2010 and not everyone will buy it, so until OA is released we have these nice Army units.

Looks like every mod will be outdated when ArmA 3 is released. I propose the community ceases all modding on the basis that the mods will eventually be rendered obsolete eventually :icon_rolleyes:

haha nice one. i know that i'll still be using these even when i get OA

Yea these Units are great. Checking every day for an update. Keep up the great work

When BIS announced Arrowhead I was tempted to stop all this, and just make you guys wait for Arrowhead, but then I remembered what happened with QG and all that jazz. I wanted people to have Army units even if they don't purchase Arrowhead, hopefully my units can be up to par and possibly even better / more realistic than the ones in Arrowhead.

The proper M4MWS, M4 ACOG with no GL, M4 with Grenade Launcher and M68 etc. Basically swapping of the attachments. I'm a realism nut. Plus, they don't have the MWS modeled properly.

Sounds excellent. Always thought BIS were extremely lazy when it came to attachments and the M4/M16

I mean the models are already there (the silencer, ACOG, M68, PEQ-1, M203L)

So why not give us more combinations?

Is there going to be a silenced M4MWS with 203 and ACOG? :D:eek:

hopefully my units can be up to par and possibly even better / more realistic than the ones in Arrowhead.

Good luck with that, considering that a lot of the models and bastextures you used in your units are about 3 years old by now.

I'm just saying that when OA is released then the official ones will PROBABLY, PROBABLY be better. Why the f*cking flaming?

I'm just saying that when OA is released then the official ones will PROBABLY, PROBABLY be better. Why the f*cking flaming?

Because that the answer you'll get? you said OA would probably be better, so others answered, so what if OA would be better? should he stop working on it?

thats my guess as for your asking on why the flaming

I fail to see any flaming in the posts above. I for one was just pointing out that some of the gear models and textures used on his units, especially the ones made by me, are not up to the quality standards of 2009.

I fail to see any flaming in the posts above. I for one was just pointing out that some of the gear models and textures used on his units, especially the ones made by me, are not up to the quality standards of 2009.

so make new ones:D