Sign in to follow this  
Binkowski

US Army 2009 Units

They are removed at the moment. I will be making another release that has them included. I had mixed opinions with the pack, some loved it, some hated it. It's all in the community. I'll be sure to include just a config file where you can choose. Make it easy. I'll keep you informed.

Ok, thanks!

Personally, I loved the weapons vilas made. They were quite a bit more realistic than M-16A2's. :p

Anyways, good work on the units, they look fantastic!

Can't wait for an updated weapons pack since, this pack right now is more friendly for multiplayer clans like the good old 173rd and 25th and not for single player, machinima makers.

Just out of curiosity why M16A2's versus M16A4's? is the A2 in greater use within the Army still?

What about the whole MWS thing? is that very small scale in terms of who gets access to them? (I probably wrongly assumed it was common or probably would be, given its the default in Americas Army 3.)

i also loved villas weapons. much better. when was the last time u saw a US soldier using iron sights?

keep up the great work

Just out of curiosity why M16A2's versus M16A4's? is the A2 in greater use within the Army still?

What about the whole MWS thing? is that very small scale in terms of who gets access to them? (I probably wrongly assumed it was common or probably would be, given its the default in Americas Army 3.)

The Army doesn't use A4's very much. They just about doesn't use A2's, either with everyone and their cousin switching over to M4s.

God damn the Army is lucky. I remember I was handed a Kentucky Rifle when we got to Iraq back in 03. Ahhhh the joys of the USMC. "Here's a shovel boys, now go fight!" Hehe!

God damn the Army is lucky. I remember I was handed a Kentucky Rifle when we got to Iraq back in 03. Ahhhh the joys of the USMC. "Here's a shovel boys, now go fight!" Hehe!

Kentucky rifle, great for close quarters... lol :)

Kentucky rifle, great for close quarters... lol :)

That's the funny thing. The KR was for close quarters and the shovel was for range. They do fly pretty well, all things considered. ;)

Great job on these units Binkowski. Thanks again for your effort and time.

When vilas updates the weapon pack and fixes some of the bugs you guys have reported, I will add that back into the new release. Just an update. Thanks all.

UPDATE UPDATE UPDATE !!! HAPPY

Nice Backpacks :-)

But sadly the Shadow bug still exists :-(

arma22009102216494946f021ea43jpg.jpg

Its on all units with new bags :-(

Thanks for reporting that Clawhammer. I'll look into it...strange...

Another one:

arma22009102217040790265393aejpg.jpg

At a Range about 50m with acog, but i cannot reproduce this issue.

Tested without any AddOns

To the Shadow issue: Try to test it in a Building like (Or in a Wood with a lot of shadows) me in the hangar.

Thanks 4 your work :-)

Edited by Clawhammer

This is surely a stupid question, but is there any way to make mods/skins server-side rather than rely on clients to add the -mod in their shortcut? Thanks.

This is surely a stupid question, but is there any way to make mods/skins server-side rather than rely on clients to add the -mod in their shortcut? Thanks.

Grab the replacement pack on the front page and make sure you are running the main addon. And you will be able to see the ACU units in servers that are still using USMC.

looking real nice !

But on the pics i see something that is not good :

acu_grens_s.jpg

acu_tl_s.jpg

But for all a good and nice job

Grab the replacement pack on the front page and make sure you are running the main addon. And you will be able to see the ACU units in servers that are still using USMC.

Not sure I follow. If I'm running a server, and have this as my main addon, people joining my server will not have to have the addon to see the Army uniforms? That's what I'm going for.

Not sure I follow. If I'm running a server, and have this as my main addon, people joining my server will not have to have the addon to see the Army uniforms? That's what I'm going for.

Unfortunately, that's not possible. The people joining your server would need US Army 2009 units installed themselves before they launch the game in order to see them ingame.

A download-while-loading system is not possible in BIS games. Maybe one day..

Edited by Cole

sweet, like new units, although i kinda miss the M4s w/ grip, even if the grip was WAAY outta place

I will add the vilas weapon pack back in when we get it fixed. There were multiple issues (hand grip placement, the aimpoint issue etc) that needed to be fixed. Once me and vilas get those sorted, it will be included in the latest update.

Replacement pack is being updated. I have also fixed the following

- Backpack straps being caught in the shoulders

- The glowing glasses issue

- Fixed some normal mapping issues. Almost all are resolved now.

I've added the following.

- Gloves to some units (AnimalMother's request)