Sign in to follow this  
Binkowski

US Army 2009 Units

Here's just an update for the new version. I'm going to fix that God-awful arm bug issue with the handgrips etc that W0lle has reported. I'm also going to fix up the config, and the weapon issues should be fixed. Aimpoint & EOTECH issue etc. Maybe a few new textures / models?

Here's just an update for the new version. I'm going to fix that God-awful arm bug issue with the handgrips etc that W0lle has reported. I'm also going to fix up the config, and the weapon issues should be fixed. Aimpoint & EOTECH issue etc. Maybe a few new textures / models?

Sweet once you get it all fixed and updated Im going to update, I love your mod, hardly ever play as the USMC anymore ARMY FOR THE WIN, I like the ACU better. :D

Also I might upgrade the camo pattern to the new UCP.

Also I might upgrade the camo pattern to the new UCP.

If you do, can you make it like a second addon or an addition to the existing ACU units... UCP looks like somebody puked on the ACU pattern, and decided they liked it.:p

Edit: I'm talking about the new UCP variants they're coming up with, especially UCP-D...

Edited by Ballistic09

Isn't ACU the uniform and UCP the pattern? there is just different generations of UCP?

STGN

So, how bout that update for the replacements?

will the next version have the new backpacks or fix the goggles issue? as for new models or textures, could you possibly include some units with gloves or rolled-up sleeves? that would rock.

edit: oh and UCP-D makes me want to vomit :eek:

i hope the army doesnt go with UCP-D, multicam is nicer imo

Edited by AnimalMother92

But Multicam is a commercial product, and the Army will not buy the license for a Commercial product. That and the Army has too much invested in ACU/UCP pattern and they also won't admit they are wrong.

We can only hope and dream.

ok still...even no multicam is better than UCP-D. either stick with what they have now or go back to the good ol tri color desert and woodland!

I like the old BDUs. If the Army was smart they would realize, like the Marines, you need two camos, one for the desert and one for woodland. As for Urban ops, you just can't really blend in anyways, so there is no need for that camo.

The only thing you can't really include is black in uniforms as it is not a naturally occurring color.

But, I'm just at the bottom of the totem pole, and I use what I am issued.

RUMOR MILL

Supposedly, Congress has ordered the Army to get a new camouflage uniform. Also, the 173rd Airborne on their 2010 deployment will be using multicam. Hopefully the Army command is getting the hints.

Edited by suhsjake

I hate. Multicam. So much. God smite me now! Sorry guys, that's just personal opinion. UCP-D and UCP may come in future releases. Also, the new backpacks are already on my models, will post shots soon. Still fixing that goggle issue, should be sorted soon.

Isn't ACU the uniform and UCP the pattern? there is just different generations of UCP?

That is correct, and with that...

UCP-D and UCP may come in future releases.

You are already using UCP.

yeah i think the marines pretty much nailed it with MARPAT.

Looking forward to seeing those backpacks Binkowski, nice to see these constantly improving.

That is correct, and with that...

You are already using UCP.

Not exactly. Take a look closely at my pattern. It isn't exactly up-to-par with UCP-D. Which is what I plan on doing. I'm a perfectionist with not a lot of free time, so it'll probably never be done. But hey, we can hope right?

I think you missed what I was saying.

ACU is the cut of the uniform. UCP is the pattern, like STGN said.

ACU = UCP

UCP-D = UCP w/ coyote brown spackled on it.

In all honesty, I wouldn't even bother with the UCP-D for a few reasons: 1.) It isn't being fielded fully 2.) We don't even know if that is what they will go with 3.) It looks like dog-crap.

I would focus on re-modernizing your units. Little things, like Oakley boots(fairly common from what I remember seeing), making the ACU pockets stick out(instead of being a flat texture), SureFire helmet lights, maybe a rhino mount on the helmet, and a strobe on the back. I have a few ideas for you, if you are interested shoot me a PM.

Sounds like something for a good modeler (not me.) I can do the pockets. Which, I'll just take it off my uniform for placement etc. I can do all the texture stuff. PM me your ideas. But remember, unless I get a good modeler to do this for me, I can't. I'm no modeler, only textures.

The pockets and the boots can be done via normal, specular, ambient, and detail mapping.

Please Binkowski, as a friend, NO UCP-D.

+1 for no UCP-D. Personally, I'm crossing my fingers pretty tight for multicam, I think it's a much better camo than the ACU. If you don't release multicam, I hope you'll let somebody use your units as a base and do it themselves! :)

Ok fine, no UCP-D. I'll leave the pattern the way it is. I've fixed that god awful arm bug, added the new backpacks to medic, automatic rifleman, and machine gunner units. You're pushing it with multicam. Maybe it'll come in a later release. If I have the time. Expect an update sometime in the near future.

Ok fine, no UCP-D. I'll leave the pattern the way it is. I've fixed that god awful arm bug, added the new backpacks to medic, automatic rifleman, and machine gunner units. You're pushing it with multicam. Maybe it'll come in a later release. If I have the time. Expect an update sometime in the near future.

cool new backpacks..awesome newz Binkowski..:yay::yay:

Any possibility of adding engineer units into it?

Yeah thanks for reminding me, that's the one I forgot. For the record, here are the units that will have some new packs. Medic, Automatic Rifleman, Machine Gunner, Engineer, and possibly if I can get the model of the VHF radio's the RTO.