Sign in to follow this  
Solus

SLX Mod WIP

Hmmm, don't think dismemberment was fixed as I'm still dropping big bombs on people but so far, no gibs.

Strange froggyluv, because I was just playing Battlefields included with Vanilla ArmA and someone got hit by something (not entirely sure, I turn around), and there was gibs smoking infront of me again I'm not sure what triggered it I heard no explosion so I guess it's just something that happens on occasion

Ah so you are correct! Shooting people point blank with a t72's cannon seemed to do the trick :p

Nice job Solus!

Seems they need to be hit directly..GBU 1 meter away wont do the trick but a M203 direct hit will :(

Hi Solus

Well It doesn´t seem to work for me.

How can I actually notice that the Mod is working?

I play with

VopSound 2.1

LandTex 1.0

Rh Heli Sounds

TRSM Tracked Vehicels Sound Mod

CBA

I unpacked the Downloaded SLX folder in my Arma 2 Directory and renamed it to @SLX

Did I something wrong?

Hi Solus

Well It doesn´t seem to work for me.

How can I actually notice that the Mod is working?

I play with

VopSound 2.1

LandTex 1.0

Rh Heli Sounds

TRSM Tracked Vehicels Sound Mod

CBA

I unpacked the Downloaded SLX folder in my Arma 2 Directory and renamed it to @SLX

Did I something wrong?

Inside of the created @SLX folder, create a new folder named 'Addons' and place everything in there.

anyone having issues combining SLX Sounds with VOPSound 2.1

the bullet cracks sounds is good but weird sometimes...

twisted: The take cover menu command seems somewhat functional in 1.03, but the AIs still sometimes hide in front of things.

SenChi: The people say things, but the text is also the text that is used in the radio, so disabling it disables it in the radio too. I'll look into making sub classes of the radio and see if I can make custom ones without text. The MLRS and M119 work fine for me in direct fire and with the artillery module.

Mcpl-Ripcord: Is that the only one? I don't see what could be causing it from that but I'll test some more.

Here's another version:

mils: I can't see the targets too clearly at 600 meters but I can get someone with about 4 rounds (2-3 hits) at that range, which seems pretty correct. It might be possible for someone to be barely alive after taking up to 5 or 6 grazing rounds spread around their body at that range. Maybe you're doing something wrong? Try doing more practice shooting and you might get better. It could also be the fade copy protection system.

I'll try your updated version at work. Won't be fade I have the steam version, (and thus legit) The weapon i use is DMR.

Testing last night same scenario Badlands starting from novi sobor attack side with Napa.

Weapon: DMR

Range: 600 metres

Target: Machine gunner on technical.

No mods - 2 shots to take down (would be chest or arm section)

SLX - 7 shots in the chest area (some might be arm)

Also no reaction by the AI for those entire 7 shots the driver didn't even move.

Will test again at lunch with latest slx also

hey souls great mod man

i not sure 100% but i think this crash that happens after small pause i caused by cba

somthing is not clicking

---------- Post added at 08:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:37 PM ----------

anyone having issues combining SLX Sounds with VOPSound 2.1

the bullet cracks sounds is good but weird sometimes...

same problem here:mad::mad:

Is this mod serverside? Or do we all have to download it for the whole server to see the effect?

I'll try your updated version at work. Won't be fade I have the steam version, (and thus legit) The weapon i use is DMR.

Testing last night same scenario Badlands starting from novi sobor attack side with Napa.

Weapon: DMR

Range: 600 metres

No mods - 2 shots to take down (would be chest or arm section)

SLX - 7 shots in the chest area (some might be arm)

Also no reaction by the AI for those entire 7 shots the driver didn't even move.

Will test again at lunch with latest slx also

I'm having similar issues with the damage system. It also starts to get ridiculous when you have to bring someone like that. I'm also still having issues with the freezing issue when someone takes damage even after the 1.15 update.

However, I do love the rest of the mods. It added so much reply value to the game. One of the best mod I do adore is the fixed fov when viewing down your sights. I always thought it was strange how you basically stuck your eye ball right on the sights...but thats fixed now.

Is this mod serverside? Or do we all have to download it for the whole server to see the effect?

AI units are local on the machine that controls them. So AI units in a player squad are local on the client's computer, thus the addon is needed on both the client and server.

Use the search tool to look for "RPT file" and you'll find instructions on how to get to the log :)

I've looked and looked for "RPT File" and cannot find any info on how to access it, could you please instruct me yourself?

Edit: nevermind i found it :)

man, it is absolutely packed with the same errors over and over and over, and it is thousands of lines long.

Edited by Nosedive

This is the vital information I believe. Mounted AI reacts different to hits. They always did with SLX.

oh FFS! Can they fucking release the new i5/i7 CPUs so I can build a new comp to enjoy Arma II to the fullest?!!!

Im not even gonna try this om my existing E8500 CPU with 8800GTX. :)

Here's the next version:

http://www.filefront.com/14444239/SLX_Mod_ArmA2_1.2.rar

Changes:

Scripted people in vehicles to get damaged more when hit.

Made SLX_Shout use new radio classes without text.

Added dismemberment from high damage.

Added stun effect for people in vehicles.

Wounded people in vehicles are disabled from driving and shooting.

Fixed AI sometimes running drag script twice.

Solus you rock. Thanks for the speedy updates and most of all bringing this mod to A2. Good stuff.

I set group in editor, set waypoint Guard zone :)

All unit deserted from the point, and hid in a barn :D

There was very closely

I think I've always been an SLX-head but damn this is nice!

- Soldiers definitely are quicker in the CQB department

- thanks for adding gibs to large explosions

- I've seen fires started now

- AI are putting up a damn tough fight!

Solus,

This is damn near perfect ! One thing I have noticed is that a team leader will contine to issue commands to wounded team members.... could this be fixed. He seems to spam it constantly.

Interesting did a INF battle between one squad of BLUFOR and OPFOR. Both out in the open. BLUFOR got massacred and I'm not sure why. Will run the test a few times to see if its the same.

Keep on coding mate cos this is BRILLIANT !

EDIT: Playing a little more. Some troops seems to move in a jerky fashion while the others move perfectly in SP. Could you make it that troops will only drag their buddies IF they can be healed. I've seen them drag the dead bodies and it doesn't really make much sense.

Also seen some troops running on the spot for about 2 seconds in SP. Wierd. Back to testing.

Edited by Kremator
EDIT FOR MORE INFO