Sign in to follow this  
mattxr

ARMA II Beta Builds Released: Latest version/build: 1.04.6xxxx

Hummm that sounds familiar. Same problem (and workaround) in COD:W@W until they fixed it in a later patch.

One had to change the default sound setting in Vista to 16bit. Note, applications that use 24bit will override the default so it's not the end of the world but still annoying.

Can't agree, now you hear the shots before the supersonic cracks again.

I recommend VopSound. I'm using it and the sounds sound correct.

Im going to test if i hear the cracks before the shots or vice versa. Also continue my tests if the performance went down for me in the latest patch.

However i noticed a sound distortion as well in the 59025 when i switched from 1st to 3d view when i was flying a helicopter. Switching back to 1st and the distortion went away.

This is great, you have some folk saying its screwed performance and other saying improved... I would suggest those 2 folk who posted here get their specs up side by side and settings to see what the deciding factor could be. Is it still NVidia love and AMD/ATI hate ?

This is great, you have some folk saying its screwed performance and other saying improved... I would suggest those 2 folk who posted here get their specs up side by side and settings to see what the deciding factor could be. Is it still NVidia love and AMD/ATI hate ?

Hey,

I guess by the "guy whos saying its screwed performance" you are reffering to me, so heres my specs: :o)

WinXP 32-bit

SEAGATE Barracuda 7200.10 250GB SATA II NCQ 16MB cache, 7200ot

Sapphire HD 4850 1GB DDR3 (1986MHz), 256bit, Vapor-X

AMD Dual-Core Athlon A64 X2 5200+EE (65W) 64-bit Windsor BOX

3GB DDR2 800MHz PC6400 A.DATA Extreme Edition

CoolerMaster Elite 330, ATX

ASUS M2A-VM HDMI, AMD 690G/ATI SB600, DualChannel DDR2 800, VGA + PCIe x16

Everything in CCC set to "use app.settings".

I also wonder, what the decisive factor is, but I am afraid not even the BIS know that:o)

Other than that, I started the follownig thread:

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?t=85200&highlight=fix

In it, I describe how I tweaked my performance to work just fine. Since that however, the following beta patches have made things only worse.

As regards a previous note recommending me to defrag, I did that not so long ago, so thats not the way to go.

Well i was one of those who thaught i lost performance to the latest. But again since we dont know if there was any improvements made in the patches its hard to say.

But i tested now with both 59008 and 59025 and the latest one felt really good today lol. So i have no clue. I cant say its worse or better. But i wont say its worse now as it was really good when i tested right now.

I tested now if the rifle sound comes before the crack though and it seemed the static M2 gave me the actual muzzle sound before the crack, and with a AK74 i heard the crack before the actual shot. But i have to say that its really really hard to test this without going MP so i wont draw any hasty conclusions yet.

The reason why its hard in SP is becuase the AI engage eachother at silly ranges. A USMC marksman vs Russian infantry soldier engaged eachother at about 70 meters. A M2 Hummer didnt see a group of Spetsnaz that was 250 meters away. So you see its very difficult atm lol. Hope BIS sorts that soon.

Alex

As regards performance, it is really diffucult to tell for sure since there is no mentioning it in the log.

I dowloaded one of the previous betas to make some testing today and compare. Ill report latter.

Sadly though, not even the todays beta fixes the dead Shaftoe in Mahhattan, so thats my stopping point:o( (I know I know I know - they dont mention any campaing-related fixes in the log, but as long as they can spend time fixing such irrelevant issues as rifle cracking or mouse smoothing etc. (sorry m8s, but these have really never occured to me as an issue) they will spend time fixing dead Shaftoe - in the next beta for the best:o)))

Since the 59025 i've get some wierd endless "recieving ..." messages i've never seen before. :butbut:

The vehicle steering via Mouse seems also far far away from useful. :(

Lester:

A tip when you have to drive i notice is to go all down on the mouse smooth in the controls option. When i go all OFF i can steer vehicles really good. Response is great. And its pretty quick change. At least something for now.

The vehicle steering via Mouse seems also far far away from useful. :(

Really is what a lot of this mouse smoothing BS is about, turn it off and/or get rid of it BIS from control menu!!!

I use the keyboard to steer, problem fixed:cool:

Edited by Goodboys

As regards performance, it is really diffucult to tell for sure since there is no mentioning it in the log.

I dowloaded one of the previous betas to make some testing today and compare. Ill report latter.

Sadly though, not even the todays beta fixes the dead Shaftoe in Mahhattan, so thats my stopping point:o( (I know I know I know - they dont mention any campaing-related fixes in the log, but as long as they can spend time fixing such irrelevant issues as rifle cracking or mouse smoothing etc. (sorry m8s, but these have really never occured to me as an issue) they will spend time fixing dead Shaftoe - in the next beta for the best:o)))

I dont know, but did you try reset the campaign completely?

With this new patch, sound issues are gone for me too - yays! Finally hearing humvees actually firing lots of bullets.

Really is what a lot of this mouse smoothing BS is about, turn it off and/or get rid of it BIS from control menu!!!

I use the keyboard to steer, problem fixed:cool:

Joking right?

Smooth contra no smooth has been a big issue and is solved now. You wanna go back to the stone age again?

Guess your a joker though. :D

And yep sounds that was messed seems to be working good again wich is super. Just the spatial mess up with explosions and other sounds to fix now concerning sounds. Also another sound issue that applies to everyone, but im starting to get annoyed with my own voice trying to get this through.

Well see.

I dont know, but did you try reset the campaign completely?

Oh my...!:o) You see, I am a casual gamer, to get to the point of shooting the rebel leader took like three weeks. Only to imagine all that effort in vain...NO NO NOOO!!!! BIS HAVE to FIX THAT!!!

Oh my...!:o) You see, I am a casual gamer, to get to the point of shooting the rebel leader took like three weeks. Only to imagine all that effort in vain...NO NO NOOO!!!! BIS HAVE to FIX THAT!!!

I believe what 4 IN 1 is saying is that the death of Shaftoe may already have happened in your saves of the Manhatten mission. Meaning that even if a current or future patch has fixed the bug that kills him, he will always remain dead in your mission because it has already happened. To my knowledge, patches do not fix data in savegames.

In other words you're probably screwed unless you restart the mission from the beginning. :o

Anyhoo, just wanted to report sounds seem pretty much fixed, thought I still heard a glitch and am trying to hear it again - was probably just an actual quiet moment where everyones weapons were in sync for that instant.

As reported elsewhere, just for logging in the right thread, I too have smoother gameplay, no real FPS increase, but smoother.

Going to try out VON tonight.

Alex72: I'll back you up on the request for sounds to remain spatially where they were when the player rotates or otherwise moves. (Please oh Please BIS!)

Edited by Scrub

Hi

i play 1920x1080 everything on normal except shadows on high, no AA no pp tried playing with the details of normal and not necessarily all on very high) the game is good and fast game anyway :p

Tried the latest beta and sound issue seems to be more or less fixed. There were still some occasions where tank coaxial mgs were firing at "suspiciously" slow rate. It could be that the gunner was just firing slowly but when I moved closer to tank sometimes the firing rate increased to full.

This was more noticiable in fast firing coaxial and less with top mounted commander mg (50cal fire much slower anyway).

Did anyone notice that burning vehicle fire is severely improved and also smoke effect from it?

Did anyone notice that burning vehicle fire is severely improved and also smoke effect from it?

Doesn't look like the patch modifies any effects. It doesn't touch ca.pbo which is where they are.

I just notice that some people notice inprovements that are not there.

In general i would not exspect chenanges that are not in the readme...as simple as ist is.

Just go download the newly released JTD effects mod found on this site. It's awesome as always!

---------- Post added at 01:02 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:01 AM ----------

I just notice that some people notice inprovements that are not there.

In general i would not exspect chenanges that are not in the readme...as simple as ist is.

It's confirmed by BIS that the change logs only show some of the changes, not all.