Tonci87

ArmA II: Operation Arrowhead discussion thread

AWESOME shots rommel. You're a lucky bastard!!

Though, I'm still confused as to how this new mod management system is going to work.

I can't wait for OA! 5 MOAR DAYS!

OA day 5 more!

@ enad, I think it detects all @XXX files in your a2oa folder

I wonder when we can expect updated documentation for OA. I know there's got to be a few new scripting comnands for example, and new modules, functions, etc...

Quick question though if any devs are reading and willing to answer: Can we query a unit/vehicle's current setting for their weapon zero?

Rommel: still no horizontal recoil in first person on the infantry weapons right(like in Armed Assault)?

I wont complain though: the WIN is obvious.

Edited by sparks50

@ Enad What the mod management system does is it detects mods that have been placed into your root folder and adds them to the addon management list, once in game you can click on what mod you want to run with OA without the hassle of fiddling around with your shortcut targetline

Hope that helps

Rommel: still no horizontal recoil in first person on the infantry weapons right(like in Armed Assault)?

I wont complain though: the WIN is obvious.

Another question: does the mods you load automaticly enable in the list, or do you have to turn them on every time you start the game?

Edited by sparks50

Horizontal recoil exists. Very obviously. ;)

Reflex sights=check

metal shooting out from explosions=check

screen shake from weapon fire=check

GL sight=check

Just all in all a kool looking addition to my addiction.Thanks BIS!

---------- Post added at 01:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:35 PM ----------

Horizontal recoil exists. Very obviously. ;)

It doesn't look so in videos.He means kickback if you didn't know that.....

Edited by Wolfstriked

Ah ok, wrong axis. Obviously that exists partially, but not even a fifth of the extent as it is in A1. Agreed something that should have been re-incorporated.

EDIT: It would appear it has to do with the torso changes in A2, in which the torso could previously not be bent, it is therefore separate from the recoil action of the weapon being fired.

Edited by Rommel

Just wonder if those lasers are everytime on or if they can be switched off by player/AI?

Does the AI still use AT ammo vs one single soldier?

Are the trees still a good cover against grenades or better asking - is the foliage still made of teflon?

How good or bad AI drives in columns/convoys - is it worth to send them out to supply/reinforce troops on their own?

@ Enad What the mod management system does is it detects mods that have been placed into your root folder and adds them to the addon management list, once in game you can click on what mod you want to run with OA without the hassle of fiddling around with your shortcut targetline

Hope that helps

This FTW ...!!!

Rommel, your pics are great. keep them coming if you can. This has me pretty excited for next week,

i ask rommel some screenshoots of the czech vest pouch =) tactical vest ? *__*

Just wonder if those lasers are everytime on or if they can be switched off by player/AI?

Does the AI still use AT ammo vs one single soldier?

Are the trees still a good cover against grenades or better asking - is the foliage still made of teflon?

How good or bad AI drives in columns/convoys - is it worth to send them out to supply/reinforce troops on their own?

Of course it can be switched off.

They can be switched off and on. You can also tell the AI to do the same through the command interface (actions "6"). Same with mounted flashlights.

So they're on or off by default? And is it possible to order a AI group to switch on/off laser once or do I have to order this one-by-one? :)

Btw are the OFP commands back to order AI directly to "use weapon" eg AT/AA/handgun/laserdesignator or do we still have to roll dice and hope on AI combat skills?

@Rommel, couple of questions that may be hard to answer with images :)

1) Any words about the "stealth/quiet voice set"? Is it on par with OFP DR, which was I must say about its only immersive feature?

2) If you remove ItemRadio from unit, will unit now properly say every word, instead of only a few? "2, target that man at 12 o clock" remains the same as "voice" (not "radio"), instead of just hearing "target".

3) Any radio backpacks available? I couldn't see any obvious ones in the backpack list, but damn I like what I see :)

4) OA supposedly use 32 voices now versus 16 in Arma2. Are you able to get this difference? Does OA have stereo, or is that how they doubled to 32 sources? Considering how Arma2 had 16 mono I mean...

5) Funny how I haven't seen anyone notice this, but OA maps finally have correct coordinate system (zero at bottom left increasing counting upwards, instead of top left increasing counting downwards). Is this mapfix also present if you load up Chernarus or Utes?

6) How does the lighting engine work? I see some "ambient lighting" going on in some dusk/dawn settings, but I'm not sure if there is a moon present causing it or if it is (finally) atmospheric glow causing ambient lighting.

Feel free to copy & paste questions on your site, and answer them there, I'll be watching :) The new sights came as a really nice surprise to me, I've never heard about these before.

Any info where the game will be available in Reichenberg(Liberec)? (I still prefer stone shops before the electronic ways..) ;)

So there will be really czech units in main campaign? Lovely! I hope in most of the MP maps (like Berzerk), czech units will be available to choose, too!

Is there any benchmark out there showing better framerate compared to ARMA 2?.

PacX - source, link and does the AI switch it off on their own?

The source is the couple dusin of videos and pictures where there is no laser enabled :p

Edited by PacX

Any info where the game will be available in Reichenberg(Liberec)? (I still prefer stone shops before the electronic ways..) ;)

Wrong place for your question, should've been posted here:

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?t=100089&page=35

But I'm going to answer it anyways:

GAME (JRC) should have it, there are two (1, 2) stone shops in Liberec. ;)

It would be better for the hitpoints system for armor to be scrapped in favour of a binary system where depending on where the tank is hit, it is either completely disabled, or certain functionalities are lost, or it does not take any damage at all.

For example a T-55s turret and frontal hull can never be penetrated by lighter RPGs, but areas on the sides of the hull and on the back take only shot to cause complete destruction. You can also disable the driver's viewing prisms if you cannot flank it to attack the weak spots, but the driver himself remains alive and needs to turn out to be able to see again. By positioning yourself on high hills or rooftops you can also expose the weak armor on the top of the turret and the engine compartment etc.

I just think it would be closer to the spirit of Arma if we had this.