Tonci87

ArmA II: Operation Arrowhead discussion thread

Tiscali Games claims the OA worldwide release date to be 29.6.2010 based on today IDEA games anouncement.

Original message:

ArmA 2 Operation Arrowhead celosvÄ›tovÄ› vyjde 29. Äervna a nebude vyžadovat původní hru, oznámili dnes IDEA Games.

May have been noticed and covered but Just small thing from me i see in a previous post, us army and delta units to be in OA, if you look at the bottem at the wallpaper download http://www.arma2.com/arrowhead/arrowhead.html you'll see 82nd Airborne troops, is that for show or something in the game ?

IDEAGames: Arma 2: Operation Arrowhead arrives in June. This massive standalone expansion pack launches June 29th 2010!

via Twitter. Congrats)

via Twitter. Congrats)

Via Titter not 10 minutes ago. You really are hungry for info, aren't you? ;)

Nice find, anyway. Good to have a confirmed release date.

After reading the Official press release i nearly shat my pants as to some of the new features

ARMA 2: Operation Arrowhead features in full:

• New Playable Content: New story campaign for both single and multi-player gameplay. Wide range of new tutorials, single scenarios and multiplayer modes.

• Massive Game World: Three brand new Central Asia-style large maps including expansive urban, desert and mountainous terrain, featuring a fully destructible and interactive environment.

• Extra Units and Vehicles: Multiple factions for all sides including US Army, United Nations, Takistani Army and Guerrillas making a collection of 300+ new units, weapons and vehicles.

• Ultimate War Simulation Experience: Fully integrates with the original ARMA 2 for unmatched warfare simulation.

• Unique Gameplay Elements: Detachable backpacks with equipment, advanced weapon optics, material penetration modeling, remote real-time simulation of Unmanned Arial Vehicles (UAV), freedom of decision and repercussive actions.

Plus what else we have seen in some of the latest vids ie Laser rangefinders in Tanks

May have been noticed and covered but Just small thing from me i see in a previous post, us army and delta units to be in OA, if you look at the bottem at the wallpaper download http://www.arma2.com/arrowhead/arrowhead.html you'll see 82nd Airborne troops, is that for show or something in the game ?

http://www.armaholic.com/pfs.php?m=view&v=3-arma2_op_arrow_22.jpg

a bigger version of this pic shows the far right guys arm might possibly be airborne patch..

well and these pics..

http://www.flickr.com/photos/27595678@N06/4520396644/sizes/o/in/set-72157623727320355/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/27595678@N06/4520396452/sizes/o/in/set-72157623727320355/

airborne patches?

Edited by ebanks129

Just mentioned on the PR thread:

Here :)

Arma2.pl produly presents Town Construction Set, a new module in Arrowhead - http://arma2.pl/news/73/tylko-na-arma2-pl-generator-miasteczek.html

At first, it's still not a final version, and second - I don't know any config options for this (like Civilian Module for example), so I played in deafult settings. It's freakin' awesome to fight with AI in dense areas.

...I'm speechless

Third map is confirmed :) It looks like an infinitely generated desert map as far as I can tell, but we didn't get so see many map details in the video.

Well now we finally have a release date. Too bad it's a few days before I go on holiday and have no Arma for a month :(

Oh yer, slow with it these days i am :)

29th of June longer wait but still should be a great event for pc gamers.

@ Town Generator: It will work in Chernarus or others maps? I mean, if a place the module in Cher, it will build some Takiswhatever buildings or Cher styles?

I don't know if this has been asked before, but will the contents of Operation Arrowhead be usable inside ArmA 2: that is if I want to use Takistan inside ArmA 2 for custom missions and not only in OA will I be able to do that?

No it's the other way round. Arma 2 content can be used inside OA.

luckly, there's no russian in arrowhead as seen in video

The little intro of music in the editor in that random town generator video sounds great! Also the village looks bloody natural! :) Awesome job BIS.

Oh yes, june 29! I can't wait!

Anybody know if there's a vehicles list out? I wonder if we'll see the Super Hornet.

Lists will come at ARMA2.COM soon i guess. Maybe some list from one of the previewers but you never know if everything is in that WIP code.

Looks great...

But, what's more in Operation Arrowhead that we can't found in ArmA2 and its AddOns?

Looks great...

But, what's more in Operation Arrowhead that we can't found in ArmA2 and its AddOns?

Off the top of my head:

• Proper FLIR
  • Improved performance
  • Town generator
  • Updated UI
  • Better radio voices
  • Reworked sound system

luckly, there's no russian in arrowhead as seen in video

You don't know that. You only saw two of three combat sides.

These guys look like they could be Russian. Their UN and Russia is part of the UN and they carry AKs, PKMs (I think), and RPG-7s so they could be. They might be on the independent side. That way you can choose who the UN is supporting.

Wonder what ALICE2 is, and whether it'll have traffic. ;)

ALICE2.jpg

Found some preview movies on the net and it looks very nice, it seems they fine-tuned the engine to as the movements and aiming was so smooth. Getting very curious what engine updates they implemented, any news about that?

Also i would like to know how the distribution is gonna work out, especially the download version. Will it be on sprocket or are there other publishers releasing it in each country, like the german Arma2 version.

June I cant wait that long :P going to be good times :)

You don't know that. You only saw two of three combat sides.

These guys look like they could be Russian. Their UN and Russia is part of the UN and they carry AKs, PKMs (I think), and RPG-7s so they could be. They might be on the independent side. That way you can choose who the UN is supporting.

Must be so because between the factions that we saw in the video there's not the UN, while we are sure that will be in the game.