Sign in to follow this  
zenger

-=SARMAT=- Studio presents: WIP screenshots of the new project "Wings of Russia".

Unless you are born and raised in Hawaii like myself, try using proper english...Brah is not a Cali saying..originated in Hawaii..so please give proper credit before using it.

Guest RKSL-Rock
Defunkt,

So what are the rules for posting a WIP? Must credit be giving right here and now? If the rules for posting a WIP does not say to give credit, just give credit when it is released then wait for the release and STFU.

---------- Post added at 08:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:33 PM ----------

I guess your name says it all!!!

---------- Post added at 08:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:35 PM ----------

I guess when you have a ROCK for a brain, you become deliriously Defunkt at anything you do, and wonder why people think you are Adumb.

The fact that you have descended into insults instead of resaonsed argument really does put an end to this. You seem to have made this into a personal vendetta, but im told you spent most of last night on the same TS server as Emry and his mates so that kinda explains your motivation.

The vast majority of devleopers will expect to be asked for permission, the community rules clearly state whats expected of addon makers re credits as Planck says. If the source originally comes from a freeware/opensource model then i still dont see whats wrong with crediting the original source. its only simple manners after all.

Lets just wait and see what the Sarmat guys have to say.

You can try but you arent very good at it

At least, you seem to have enough of time to spend by splitting posts into pieces and by providing an answer to each part of it, which makes no sense at all as you seem to miss the global point of the issue.

What you don't get here is that you are going to war alone, you are playing the big hero but with no solid basis behind since the MOD in question hasn't released anything yet.

You are even not sure whether it is their model or whether they started it from scratch, This is all about speculations as you have no solid proves behind.

Regarding the issue about FFUR, it's rather funny to read this from you, trying to make a point by using some old issues which have changed ages ago.

In other words, you make no valid point there.

Seriously, get some hindsight and stop wasting your time and energy for something that won't result to anything except making you sound lacking humility.

Regards,

TB

Edited by Thunderbird

Guest RKSL-Rock
At least, you seem to have enough of time to spend by splitting posts into pieces and by providing an answer to each part of it, which makes no sense at all as you seem to miss the global point of the issue.

Im answering specifc points that people make how is that a bad thing? What am I supposed to do, write long rambling hard to follow replies? What do you think is the global point? I thought it was permissions? Re reading this entire thread it still seems to be about permissions.

What you don't get here is that you are going to war alone, you are playing the big hero but with no solid basis behind since the MOD in question hasn't released anything yet.

Actually i'm not, you just seem focused on me. There are 3 or 4 other people in this very thread that seems to share my view. They actually posted but i guess you missed those.

As for "a solid basis", Sarmat's previous issues with permissions seem a fairly good basis to start from. But you will see, assuming you read my first post I actually asked the question of the Sarmat guys, not random people.

You are even not sure whether it is their model or whether they started it from scratch, This is all about speculations as you have no solid proves behind.

No im not which is why i asked the question. Have they got permission this time? The only real problem arose when someone decided to make my simple question into something more than it is.

Regarding the issue about FFUR, it's rather funny to read this from you, trying to make a point by using some old issues which have changed ages ago.

In other words, you make no valid point there.

Actually in the context of historical problems Sarmat has had. And your historical disregard of permissions it is quite relevant and undermines your credibility somewhat.

Seriously, get some hindsight and stop wasting your time and energy for something that won't result to anything except making you sound lacking humility.

Regards,

TB

I have to question that if it was anyone else but me posting this would you have even posted?

Ok, that's it, thread locked.

When zenger/SARMAT is available to clear up this issue, we'll see about opening it.

On a final note, those of you who seem confused as to the permissions debate, I suggest you review the forum rules, specifically rule #20.

Edited by Franze
Clarification

Thread unlocked, pending clarification from zenger.

Until zenger has clarified the issue, I am going to remove all replies so we can get the full story.

Edited by Franze

The studio SARMAT, works for community, we work, what our favourite game, pleased its admirers with new models.

Here which we have shown the list of authors and sources of models on the WIP-screenshots, all models are used by us with the permission of authors.

"Wings of Russia"

- Silt-76 model(Ð-50) author S.Varnavsky

- Yak-40 model l-39 Author Emeljanov A.V.

- AN-2 model The Author: Du-mont.

The model can freely extend on any site, with a condition that the name of the author will be filled out

so i can post a post now, since the flame war is over, credits given, now left to wait for the release or more exciting screens ;)

Great! Thank God you sorted out this problem. Sorry zenger for filling up your thread with 8 pages of garbage.

see it wasn't that hard and i also want to remind that there are always some language-barriers/-missunderstandings.

before heating up..... cool down

my mother taught me to say "thank you" if you get something for free ;)

p.s. don't dare to say something about my mother:D

Glad to see the issue clarified, this somehow gives a serious lesson to some 'Uber-excited-self-proclaimed-Addons-Police-Officers', and I hope this issue will make things evolve for the future.

And keep up the nice work Sarmat.

Regards,

TB

so i can post a post now, since the flame war is over, credits given, now left to wait for the release or more exciting screens ;)

No doubt.

I'm exciting for this project. The more planes the merrier.

Guest RKSL-Rock
Glad to see the issue clarified, this somehow gives a serious lesson to some 'Uber-excited-self-proclaimed-Addons-Police-Officers', and I hope this issue will make things evolve for the future.

And keep up the nice work Sarmat.

Regards,

TB

@Thunderbird

Since all the models do come from FS2004 etc (Google the names + FS)the first suspicion was correct.

But i am delighted that the permissions problem is sorted. But i disagree with you about who’s learning a “lessonâ€. I think its those people that are too quick to read in something that didn’t exist. All we did was ask about permissions. Some people went on the war path because of their pedjudice.

@ zenger. I dont suppose you have an AWACS script for the A50 do you?

The studio SARMAT, works for community, we work, what our favourite game, pleased its admirers with new models.

Here which we have shown the list of authors and sources of models on the WIP-screenshots, all models are used by us with the permission of authors.

I can't even translate it back to Russian :)))

guys, I'm giving you short interpretation of what you were trying to say, so English speaking people could understand what you want to say -

--------------------------

SARMAT studio is addon development team and we are doing our best for Arma community. Here we glad to present some of our latest addons for the game. All addons were modified by us with the rights of the addon makers. You can find their names right next to names of the addons. Enjoy your flight in Chernarus with "Wings Of Russia"!

--------------------------

Personally, I think this is great idea! We have lot of Russian style stuff in the game but not much of Russian cars and planes! So, I find this idea is just perfect for mods!

Unfortunately, Chernarus map in really small for planes :(((( I really hope someone will add Sahrani island 2-3 kilometers/miles away from Chernarus coast someday. This will bust plane addon makers to create more stuff !!!

[great looking forward to these keep up the good work

Edited by Lightninguk

Oh every model is 100% original model made by me or members of our team. I've been making FS and ArmA/OFP addons for over 10 years. I have a huge back catalog.
Of what? Screenshots?:D

A lot of fuss over a few pics, which look pretty good.

It seems that you want them to have stolen the models... If they prove that they just modified free 3d models will you make a public apology to the SARMAT team?
IF they prove to have been ported with permission then yes, no problem.

I'd honestly prefer to find they have learnt from past events. But as in my original post, they look like FS ports. Given Sarmat's past history of porting stuff without consent of the original authors its not such a leap of imagination to suspect a repeat performance.

its worth noting that this didnt happen yet.

excellent SARMAT! continue with good work like this! beautiful aircraft and models!!

They are beautiful, I do look forward to the release of that transporter in particular.

its worth noting that this didnt happen yet.

Why would it? They were FS ports and (originally) posted without any credits whatsoever despite that being a requirement of both the original creators and BIS forum rules (for this very reason).

Awesome, keep up the good work SARMAT

I guess you guys were so excited to show those babies you forgot proper credits ;)

It's so great to see most of the ArmA1 dreams comes true in ArmA2

Thanks to all the modders :mwah:

Edited by Macadam Cow

Debating copyright and such is offtopic and has no place in this thread, the only relevant points is rule 20 of our forum rules.