Sign in to follow this  
eble

OH-58 Kiowa Warrior comes to Arma2

Good to see people cooperating! :)

Kiowa.p3d textures merged and extra LOD created (less than 100 points). Model.cfg created and config cleaned up a bit.

Uploading source files now (dancing banana upside down) to Eble.

Awesome guys working out the issues "REALLY" much appreicated by the community! :bounce3:

Looking foward to getting the Kiowa back in my mission for MP.

A doors off option would be realistic, you rarely see a picture of a Kiowa in Iraq with the doors on.

Hi Eble, I made a config for MarkXIII so I had a look in your config.. I could clean it up if you dont mind. But before I do that, you need a TAG!!!! Go to ofpec and register a tag if you havent done it already :)

http://www.ofpec.com/tags/

Looks good and I love the options available for use with this chopper, I wish every vehicle in the game came with out a loadout setpup.

One thing I did notice which would be nice to fix is that the pilot can not die from shooting through the winshield, at least with the rifle (M16A4) I tested at point blank.

Other then that, awesome.

Eble,

Looking forward to getting the Kiowa back in my MP Mission when Config gets updated also looking foward to using it with that new FLIR Script! :yay:

When you are sitting inside as a pilot and you look at to the hellfire missiles (on the .50 and hellfire model) the thing that holds the missile is white. Looks as if you never painted it or w.e

When you are sitting inside as a pilot and you look at to the hellfire missiles (on the .50 and hellfire model) the thing that holds the missile is white. Looks as if you never painted it or w.e

I'm aware of this issue and I'm looking to solve it, the rotors also appear white, tho I believe it has to do with the rvmat file I'm using on the glass of all things.

@vengeance1 FLIR script fitted to the addon last night, I've been away for holiday last week, so I have a bit of work to do to play catch up with this one now.

The CFG has been cleaned up (which should stop those errors some were experiencing).

The FLIR scrip is a great piece of work and reallys adds that little bit more to the addon.

Things to do still:

edit addon for minor bug fixes, re-do the models now including textures all merged (thanks to snakeman), make a wreck model and damage textures.

Hoping to release beta 2 this weekend with FLIR script and merged textures.

Once thats out and any other bugs appear, hoping to clear those up and then release the addon signed for multiplayer use as version 1.

I'll post some more info later.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ahc1bcMlBEQ&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ahc1bcMlBEQ&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Cheers

Southy

Edited by Eble

Have you "tagged" it?

Despite my best efforts to create a TAG I get stuck in a loop and can't register for some reason :)

I must be doing something wrong.

Have you created a site user account and logged-in?

I had a look into this chopper this morning. Are you using the Ka-52 engine sound?

It's a good WIP status :) I'm looking forward to see the final OH-58 in ArmA II. :yay:

TAG created,, SOUTH_

Onwards and upwards.

Hopefully there will be different models for destroyed models or at least damage textures.

Did you guys make the .50 cal aimable on purpose? The real KW its just fixed.

No mate it's an accident of design, I haven't found a way to give the gunner full use of the mast mounted sight and have the gun fixed in the forward position.

@Icebrekr will have a wreck model in place.

I'm finishing a separate project at the moment, so hopefully I'll have more time to give to the Kiowa.

Southy

Ok I'll check it out mate, can't say I've seen that issue, but I'll look into it.

Could you let me know what graphics card you are using.

Cheers

Southy

Same on me, when i put it on the map and i go ingame the error appears.

My Graficcard is an Geforce 8800GTX

Hope it gets fixed the OH-58 is fantastic :-)

Same on me, when i put it on the map and i go ingame the error appears.

My Graficcard is an Geforce 8800GTX

Hope it gets fixed the OH-58 is fantastic :-)

Yeah the cfg will be fixed for next release, it wasn't a graphic issue after all, just a sloppy cfg by me.

Southy

Eble, can we get a config fix only so we can use the Kiowa on a Dedi Server without errors? Or is it a deeper issue than that, love to use this in my BlackOps missions.

Eble, can we get a config fix only so we can use the Kiowa on a Dedi Server without errors? Or is it a deeper issue than that, love to use this in my BlackOps missions.

I'll release a revised beta 2 for this weekend, it will have the FLIR mod built in either using the scripts direct or the addon (not looked at the addon).

I haven't been able to use the revised merged textures done by snakeman, so they will have to wait until I can get more time on this.

The new config will be in this version, hopefully stopping the remaining errors.

Southy

Southy please check your mails regarding the Ka50.

If you need any help with the OH-58, just tell us. :)

I'll release a revised beta 2 for this weekend, it will have the FLIR mod built in either using the scripts direct or the addon (not looked at the addon).

Are we still getting a new beta for the weekend? ;)