Sign in to follow this  
eble

OH-58 Kiowa Warrior comes to Arma2

Hello,

I'm a newbie here that has what is potentially an incredibly stupid question in relation to this excellent OH-58D addon for the ARMAII series.

I have been enjoying the latest version (1.5) of this OH-58, but have run across a rather perplexing issue that I have tried to solve on my own, and have searched various for help, but I'm stuck.

Regarding AI usage of the OH-58:

This addon aircraft seems to refuse to target standalone infantry groups/units, that is, it only targets enemy vehicles.

Is there a relatively painless way to change this aircraft's targeting priority/aggressiveness/other characteristics in order to allow it to engage all manner of ground targets?

Currently, the aircraft will make short work of enemy vehicles unless it misses terribly and decides it's out of ammo (even with what I suspect to be plenty of rounds remaining in the machine gun variant). After which, it either lands nearby or flies off and hovers somewhere out of range.

I would enjoy seeing this aircraft continue doing it's gun runs on all enemy targets when ammo allows, but as of right now, it only targets enemy vehicles, leaving the infantry to happily shoot away at it without recourse.

So....is there a way to fix this, and if so, can someone lead me through step-by-step how to do it?

Thank you very much!

My apologies for what I suspect to be the basic nature of this query, and for highlighting this addon yet again, months after it first came out. As mentioned, I have tried to search and solve this on my own, but I have not been very successful.

Any plans on making the mod ACE compatible? AS it stands it isn't 100% compatible (Hellfires). :D

Kind Regards,

Giorox

Please just report rule violators :)

Giorox

Perhaps you have read the forum rules?

§10) Do not dig up old threads

Threads older than 4 months should not be dug up unless something significant is being added. If in doubt as to what is "significant", contact a moderator and they will give you their opinion. As always old threads will remain open or be closed at the moderator's discretion. Digging up an old thread simply to ask "any news" is also not acceptable, PM the thread starter or mod leader to ask.

Spamming old threads with requests is a good way to get them locked and/or give yourself an infraction.

Thread locked. If Eble wants it reopened, he knows where the keys are.