Sign in to follow this  
Mark XIII (DayZ)

HiFi - Single Sound Modules (Weapons BETA released!!)

LJF

We're very happy your enjoying the mod, as well as YAS. A real shame people don't try harder to figure it out its a wonderful little app. Glad you did though ;)

Also, thanks for making cool islands, your new one runs very well considering my pc doubles as an abacus these days... :D

Haha thanks, I wish it ran better on mine :D

The Abrams main gun is awe inspiring btw :)

It is amazing. You guys are all right writing this. Someone should make Mark a monument.

We were having a training session this evening and one of my friends went OPFOR to take the recruits by surprise with sniper fire.

The SVD firing from 400m with the crack and bang was amazing! Being a training session I had plenty of time to enjoy HiFi sounds ;)

Just a quick question, is Hifi being updated regularly on YAS? I myself am running the beta v3 (i think). But if there are more updates, i will look into using it.

There have been no public updates on YAS recently. We are testing some new modules at present which will appear on the YAS when the bugs are ironed out. An announcement will be made here.

Dont know about others but since the latest update ive been getting what I dreaded.

After some fire my reload sounds drop out for a moment, also thunder if raining may cut out (then return later) etc etc. I experienced this with Arma1 but now have an Xfi and since this particular update its started to happen. I posted some pages back asking if this was tested to see if channels get cut out (seeing as there are many variations per weapon) but didnt seem to be the case on test. Yet Im getting it here now.

I have 800fsb mobo .. wonder if audio can be bottle-necked or channels are hitting max? Anyone with this mod have they experienced ANY drop outs at all?

Having said that I also have GTAIV (yeh I know an odd thing to bring up) .. but I have that modded to spawn bodyguards, effectively 20-30 AI on my side battling the police with maxed out peds (lots of AI and plenty of mass firing and explosions) which handle perfectly. And all of them with varying weapons etc .. my point is the card can take a smashing :)

BTW all my xfi card side settings are off (3d etc) .. this isnt even a large battle, maybe 10 men against 10 and 2 air craft max.

Could it be access to PBO (disk access maybe?) ... I did move this game to a bran new 1Terra drive 7200rpm 8.5ms 32mb cache Seagate barracuda drive and that did help with poppins etc (def-ragged also) ... so I cant see it being that either.

I should also say that I realy like the sounds Mark! The only thing that I though was a little "iffy" were the grenade m203 explosions ... I think Ace_SM did that justice, as I was using that combined with yours but now I cant due to the conflict ... anyway not a negative just a note my end. Looking forward to new updates and ARTY .. I just need to figure out this bloody dropout audio crap that haunts me.

Edited by mrcash2009

Just have to say: the most realistic weapon sounds out there atm! Im using your pack without Acex_sm and with TRTV as well as TRWV....and the immersion is just...WOW! Thank you very much!

Hi wildone_106,

AFAIK, you have to put your @Hifi_something folders in c:\Program Files\Bohemia Interactive\Arma2

So it should look like c:\Program Files\Bohemia Interactive\Arma2\@Hifi_ace, c:\Program Files\Bohemia Interactive\Arma2\@Hifi_air and so on

Hope it helps (and sorry my english)

Edit: By the way, great sound mod Mark! It's a must have

Edited by Psychopathus

Im trying to get the sounds mod to work but I think the directory structure is messed up..can anyone help me figure it out please?

Check out the image and tell me where I went wrong with the dirs:

http://img535.imageshack.us/g/59932652.jpg/

I've found the easiest way to do it is just make 1 folder called "@HiFi" and inside that put another folder called "addons".

Then copy everything from all the addons folders to your new addons folder. Don't forget the server keys.

Your shortcut should look something like this.

"C:\Program Files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA 2\arma2.exe" -mod=@ACE;@ACEX;@CBA;@ACEX_PLA;@HiFi

Capture-1.png

Edited by GTO

Hi guys,

Well been alittle while posting, quite alot has happened over the last few weeks one way or another. Which kinda leads to me posting now, so I better get to it.

HiFi Artillery has gone has far as I can take it, without assistance its far from working as it should. It does seem to work fine when used with an arty script.. Now I did say I was gonna release it if it got to a point where I could do no more with it. That point will soon be apon us. I'm awaiting some feedback regarding firing sounds after which I'll make the appropriate edits and release.

I've also made afew small additions to the latest build with the help of andersson configs. The next pack will be a milestone release for HiFi. Because afterwards HiFi is taking a big break. I will on occasion when things get fixed config wise 'step back in' and update things but not to the extent you have come to expect from us.

I have to say that this has been a great experience, one which has landed me a new role. Something that I'm really looking forward to. Something which I hope you guys will enjoy too in the near future..

Anyways, I'll keep you posted as regards to release. It will be soon next few days I should think..

Thanks for the help! I wish they just posted instructions as simply as that on the main site.

I think I got it working ok it sounds awesome esp the A10 although in cockpit seems to be a bit quiet on all flyable craft I dont know if thats normal or not..anyhoo its cool thank you!

I am very happy, and I think possibly a bit jealous with your new role.. If some assumptions are correct ;) Good on ya, did a great job here!

Yeah good job Mark and thanks for Hifi my friend. :)

Good luck with your new project!

I have to say that this has been a great experience, one which has landed me a new role. Something that I'm really looking forward to. Something which I hope you guys will enjoy too in the near future..

mmm mysterious :)

Just wondering if there are any plans to have sounds for some of the ACE weps, like the newer AKs and the M110?

Loving HiFi!

small update :)

Andersson is back, just like the Grey Wizard he arrived in a puff of smoke and binary...

He's gonna have a look at the Arty, see if he can tweak it to a better standard before he's called away on some other godly work ;)

And yes, since someone has annouced this on another thread....

I'm with the BIGGUNS now, I've joined PR :D

I'm with the BIGGUNS now, I've joined PR :D

Ah, I knew it! Congratulations man, you being part of PR just increased my interest in that mod by about 300% - Sounds are such an important aspect of a game, most developers and yes, even mod-makers fail to realise that sometimes.

And I can't wait for an update of the HiFi mod, to this day I still reach climax every time I'm in a firefight :D

You're the man! Can't wait for the new HiFi milestone, I am saving a good glass of wine..now wait: two! One for the milestone, the other one for you into PR!

Question. I seem to have some odd issue with the MH-60 sounds, mainly the interior sounds. There seems to be a heavy amount of crackling or clipping when riding inside the heli, I was wondering if I was the only one who has this problem or is it a known issue? If it is me, anyone have any suggestions to remedy this problem? The sound itself is nice as with the rest of the choppers, it just sounds like a can of smashed assholes at the same time (no insult intended).

Hi,

We'll be wrapping up this version of HiFi soon enough, I will 'try' to updated any sound issues when I can find time. From now on in Project Reality gets my 110%. So sound issues with HiFi may take longer to resolve.

However, if you having specific problems and cannot live without fixes get intouch with me on msn. Details are on my profile ;)

Steakslim

Question. I seem to have some odd issue with the MH-60 sounds, mainly the interior sounds. There seems to be a heavy amount of crackling or clipping when riding inside the heli, I was wondering if I was the only one who has this problem or is it a known issue? If it is me, anyone have any suggestions to remedy this problem? The sound itself is nice as with the rest of the choppers, it just sounds like a can of smashed assholes at the same time (no insult intended).

Hi mate, I must remember to use that 'smashed assholes' line... awesome !

Heheh, back to your question. Yes, it can be fixed and just for you (and 1 other guy thats mentioned it) I'll make sure its fixed for the milestone release ;)

A temp fix is to edit the volume within the config, I'd suggest -10 to -15db. That would help out and make the assholes less frustrating :)