Sign in to follow this  
Mark XIII (DayZ)

HiFi - Single Sound Modules (Weapons BETA released!!)

Sweet new Arty sounds^^

I love to call in fire missions

EDIT: Please make them really scary as Hell^^

(waiting for War FX too)

I dont feel too bad now not being able to help you beta test those arty sounds (pc meltdown) since people seems to like em. :) Well who thaught otherwise? No one thats who! ;)

Good work mate.

11aTony

Another one I have if not already reported. Whenever I save a mission in the editor it automaticly becoms dependent on these two files:

"hifi_smaw",

"hifi_m230"

I dont think this should happen, right?

Correct, this has something to do with the required addons I believe. I did make these configs myself :/

On the up side Andersson has given me a replacement configs for all the launchers so consider the SMAW fixed for the next release :D As for the M230 I'll ask Andersson to look at the vehical weapons configs when he gets back.

AnimalMother92

Anyways, good to hear about the arty and ACE wep sounds, looking forward to those. Also, any chance of getting the full @HiFi package bundled up and put on the SIX updater network?

I spoke to Sickboy the other night, he's on it :D

a wild goat

I get the invalid crew civilian error, and yes I deleted the Ah6.pbo

Did you try deleting the UH1 pbo ? That might do it, since its related to that not the ah6 which is ace related ;)

Small update

Again making slow but steady progress on the arty. ALL the firing sounds are done, including some kick ass MRLS sounds :D I've also completed the 105mm hits...Now just everything else to do..

Looking at what I've completed so far, you can expect at least 400-500 hit sounds when its all finished :)

Anyways back to some DIY :S

11aTony

Correct, this has something to do with the required addons I believe. I did make these configs myself :/

Thanks for updates Mark but I think I made a typo. "hifi_m203" is the problem not 230.

Thanks for the update Mark! It's gonna be a winner, no doubt.

hehehe, I know its a mess mate, sorry... All will return to normal upon the next milestone release :D

And thanks ;)

its a bit confusing with the old Hifi releas (HiFi + HiFI Extras) on the six updater site.

@Mark

Is the "six HiFi version" at the same status like the "addonsync HiFi Version" ?

are both updater tools equally supported with small HiFi Mod updates?

Many thx for your efforts

England lost at six nations :mad:

bensdale

Is the "six HiFi version" at the same status like the "addonsync HiFi Version" ?

are both updater tools equally supported with small HiFi Mod updates?

The SIX HiFi version is in sync with the addonsync version atm. I'm working on the artillery right now so no further updates will be added to the addonsync just yet. When I finish the arty hopefully Andersson will be back and we can knock out a milestone release and sort out this beta mess at the same time.

Since I'm here and my connection's still working here the skinny...

Artillery progress as follows:

The artillery will consist of 8 modules. These modules will not rely on each other, again this was done so people can use other mods for the firing sounds etc.

Module 1 - Arty_Ammo

This module contains the 'engine' or traversing sound of each round as well as a closer 'incoming' sound. Sounds have been defined for every caliber shell including different round types.

Module 2 - Arty_Hits

This module contains all the explosions sounds for all calibers and rounds types as well as having multiple sounds per hit surface (ie, hit wood, hit earth etc).

Modules 3-8 - Muzzle sounds

These modules contain all the 'firing' or muzzle sounds for each mortar within the game including 4 muzzle sounds per weapon and reloading sounds.

Ok so that will be the layout for now, unless Andersson thinks of a better way to split up the sounds. Personally I think this way is perfect :D.

I've so far worked through the 81mm, 82mm, 105mm Firing and Hits. I'm currently working through the 122mm then its onto the GRAD/MRLS. I really want to get a beta done so I can test it out and make corrections but time is limited. As always I'll keep you posted.

Regards

Mark

Should I delete HiFi and HiFi_extras folder, then go with all others (HiFi_ace, HiFi_air, HiFi_sfx, HiFi_weapons_long, HiFi_vehicle_weapons)?

Great, thanks for getting this on the SIX network!

One small request: is it possible to make a @HiFi_complete or something similar available that has all the sounds bundled in one mod folder? I try to keep my \arma2 folder rather organized and try to limit the number of folders that I have laying around, and personally I use all of the HiFi sounds. It would be cool if they were all put together just as an option for people that use the whole package :)

Thanks.

One small request: is it possible to make a @HiFi_complete or something similar available that has all the sounds bundled in one mod folder? I try to keep my \arma2 folder rather organized and try to limit the number of folders that I have laying around, and personally I use all of the HiFi sounds. It would be cool if they were all put together just as an option for people that use the whole package :)

Thanks.

Yes please!

Installing via Six Updater as we speak (or rather: read/write).

I noticed the @HiFi and @HiFi_extras get replaced by Six Updater in a way that makes that completely "empty". I guess this is a sort of automatic cleaning in the perspective of having HiFi re-formatted with all the modular folders, in rSync.

Turns out they now have nothing in there but some .version.txt files..makes me think the idea behind is Six is doing an undercover job to avoid conflict between the old and the new modularization of HiFi

Edited by Reezo

Thanks.

good idea :thumbsup:

@Mark

sounds great :bounce3:

i can't wait for the final ;)

Edited by bensdale

Isn't this better for folk to manually sort out once they unzip? I mean to distribute even more data so the folder layout is different seems a little much for updates seeing as you can simply make a "addon_name/Addons" folder and simply copy and paste all to that pretty fast.

Then again, maybe it is a good idea :) I haven really tested anything since the latest as life got in the way, but im going to have a good blast on this later.

Great mod but there's one sound which just ain't right.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TDDxq-3UTZE&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TDDxq-3UTZE&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Ah sweet , was hoping those sounds would be turnd down :)

Sad news,

I will be stopping work on everything HiFi until further notice, I'd go into the who and why but I'm too pissed off for now. I'd like to thank everybody for posting. It has been fun :D

Thanks for your good work Mark...I hope you be back soon :)

Edited by Horus