Sign in to follow this  
Mark XIII (DayZ)

HiFi - Single Sound Modules (Weapons BETA released!!)

Hi Mark,

Good to see you back on the forums - hope you got sorted for the stuff you needed to do :)

Great to see ya back! ;)

@Chaostika7-17th

Well, don`t you actually high-five with your right hand? :D

Good stuff mate. You have a strong, kind and awesome spirit Mark. :)

Hi,

Hehehe, wow..Thanks again lads for the nice welcome back !!!

Cyclone83

@Chaostika7-17th

Well, don`t you actually high-five with your right hand?

He actually knows me pretty well, I'm a leftie :P hehehe

Small update:

I've pretty much completed all the sounds for the arty now, sadly I've had to leave some stuff out. It seems that there are 2 soundslots for incoming artillery. 1st being a traversing sound 'the whistle' which I have managed to do, then the 2nd which is the close incoming 'or shriek' sound. This is the part that seems to rely on scripting..

Have a look for yourselves..

ARTY_IncomingSounds[] = {};

ARTY_IncomingSoundAlt = 200;

So, right now without Andersson about I have NO idea how to use this code so for now I've commented it out of our config. I would very much like to get this working so if anyone knows how, please get intouch ;)

Other than the above issue, I've got afew little bugs which I'm trying to work out on my own when I get time. So hopefully if someone gets intouch or Andersson returns we can release it soon.

Again thank you so much for your support and feedback its always appreciated !!!

Regards

Mark

Mark XIII

Master Sergeant you have the old (first) sound HiFi_DMR ? Give me a link to download please:pray: or full link first HIFI weapons. Plz :)

Keshman

Mark XIII

Master Sergeant you have the old (first) sound HiFi_DMR ? Give me a link to download please or full link first HIFI weapons. Plz

No download links for the old sounds mate, they get overwritten on the download mirror sites. I do keep most of the stuff myself, my own private soundstash... :)

If you contact me on msn or skype I'll happily send you what you require ;)

Mark, glad to see that you're back!

Now for a more pressing matter; do you have a time-frame for your next, awesome release?

( In months, not an exact date )

Mark, you're getting the same reply OS did :)

Excellent news!

..and just like the other thread - I sure know we all wish we were beta testers ;)

Hi,

NoRailgunner

So we're all now waiting on the return of Mr. Andersson? Sentinels are standing by.

Yes mate we are, and yes he is THAT good :D.. The thing is, the configs for the Artillery (currently 8 configs) had been passed onto me only a short time after Andersson completed them. Bless him, the beta release was kind of a suprise to him so he had plenty to contend with before R/L swept him away again. So like I say he sent me the configs and we had little time to chat about them, he just said... LOL 'its everything to do with the artillery soundwise, I left nothing out'. This is absolute truth may I add, the only problem he left me with.. I had to figure out what everything did and how it worked ingame, now there is very little info available for sound modding Arma2 but through sheer 'poke sticks at it till it works' and help off afew smart people I got it working. Now, working isn't complete.. It has bugs, I've also had to remove stuff as I stated previously.

So is it ready for testing, yes absolutely !

Is it ready for releasing, erm no not quite..

You see, as good as it sounds now, I know when Andersson gets back and gets his head around the stuff I've had to leave for now, it will sound amillion times better. Wow..man I can talk sometimes...

Sethos

Mark, glad to see that you're back!

Now for a more pressing matter; do you have a time-frame for your next, awesome release?

( In months, not an exact date )

Currently, as you see above, I'm working away at the Artillery which soundwise is done I'm just squashing the smaller bugs I can manage until Andersson returns. Now, I've set myself a time limit here I don't like to do it but it makes sense.. 'If' Andersson doesn't return by the end of April I shall release the Arty as is. The rest of the beta release I'll start to look at myself, although this will take alot longer with just me on it. The fact is, real life takes preference always, you know this I know, but from my point of view if we don't see Andersson I CANNOT better it, so whats the point of keeping it back then ? None :)

albertors

Mark, you're getting the same reply OS did

Excellent news!

..and just like the other thread - I sure know we all wish we were beta testers

Life is sometimes very cool, today is one of them days for myself..Someone here knows what that means ;), anyways, I'll be intouch regarding the offer of testing :D

Well, thats me signing off, have a good weekend all.

You too, Mark, have a nice one!

Cheers,

A couple little suggestions :o

Is it just me or is the sound inside choppers kind of odd and whiny/staticy?

Could you talk to Sickboy about putting a @HiFi_complete package on SIX updater that has all the sound files in one? That would be great.

Thanks!

A couple little suggestions :o

They are supposed to be like that, have you ever been inside a helicopter and wearing the headset? All you hear is a sort of muffled whiny / whizzing sound. Of course it's not like that for all helicopters,

depends how open they are but the headset muffles a lot of the sound plus the cockpit itself is insulated to keep out a great deal of the sound and with that combined you don't hear much inside the heli.

Just a shame the audio doesn't change when you open up the doors etc.

Edited by Sethos

Yeah for me too, Thats I the only Thing i could complain about.

AnimalMother92

Could you talk to Sickboy about putting a @HiFi_complete package on SIX updater that has all the sound files in one? That would be great.

Thanks!

First thing the choppers. I do everything for a good reason, or at least thats my opinion ;). To prove the point I'm about to make you'd need to try my AH64 sounds and then either my blackhawk or venom sounds..

Lets look at these choppers ingame.

Ah64, completetly sealed cockpit.

UH60, Front enclosed but rear doors open, and open firing ports...

UH1Y, The same as the UH60.

Ok, now go try my sounds, you'll notice that the AH64 has dull sounds, nice throbbing bass but not too loud. Also has a mirror of the external main engine sounds, so you get the nice growl but I applied a filter so it has very little treble :D

Now the others, you'll notice straight away more cabin noise, and for the most part its quite nasty sounding to anyone traveling in it... But then, with the doors open, you'd expect that wouldn't you ?

Even my littlebird has a very high pitch whine in it. Why ? Because thats how it actually sounds. I could have muted it, or applied a dampening eq but I felt like that was cheating..

However, since your not alone in your opinion, maybe I'll do another version for people with sensitive ears ;)

Right HiFi complete question,

Ok, now I will be releasing an update when I'm happy with the arty. This will be a complete update across the board. I still have bugs to fix and some more new configs for stuff like pipebombs and things like that too add. But when released, it shall be put out as 1 download as well as being added to YAS.

Until then I wont be hounding sickboy about anything, he's plenty enough with ACE2 I'm sure you appreciate that.

O BTW, I did the C130J too, that will be added :)

Anyways, I'm off before I forget its mothersday tomorrow ;)

Enjoy the weekend !

Edited by Mark XIII
I'm a dumbass...

Hi all, I had to go away on some private stuff and then my boss put me on a plane back home as I urgently had to go on a job. I'm getting a few days off (4-5?) before he send me away again for a couple of weeks. On top of that if the "creative mood" doesnt happen the few days not much get produced (now you understand what kind of person MarkXIII works "with").

It was much better for HiFi NA (arma 1) as I had alot of free then.

But dont worry. When I do pop up on MarkIIIs chat and he manages to poke me to a start I forget time and food. Me, as all the rest of you, really want HiFi!

I'm glad that MarkIIIs config skills has improved ALOT (out of desperation I guess), much thanks to kju and his mst, as he can release addons in a state that is playable.

Dont you worry MarkIII, "I'm never late, nor am I early..";)

You should see some of what is said during our online conferences, lol. :p ;)

Sorry to sound like an idiot (:D) but how do I install with YAS?

Edit: OK figured it out :) YAS is really nice actually. I only wish I had unlimited usage and could DL the whole thing today ...

Edit2: HiFi is fracken insane! I love those bullet cracks and the ambient noises are incredible! I'm so glad I finally decided to wade into the unknown and get YAS working :)

Edited by LJF

LJF

Edit2: HiFi is fracken insane! I love those bullet cracks and the ambient noises are incredible! I'm so glad I finally decided to wade into the unknown and get YAS working

We're very happy your enjoying the mod, as well as YAS. A real shame people don't try harder to figure it out its a wonderful little app. Glad you did though ;)

Also, thanks for making cool islands, your new one runs very well considering my pc doubles as an abacus these days... :D