Sign in to follow this  
Dwarden

NVIDIA video card(s) owners read here!

seelix rambles on a bit, doesn't he?

That reminds me, once he even spammed "Thanks" twice in this beta thread and I had to read that crap:

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?t=105076

Consider this payback.

Oh, my bad. I just forgot that the main purpose of this forum was for sharing useful information. :rolleyes:

srsnote: Has anyone done comparisons between the initial set of drivers optimised for ArmA II (191.07)?

Cool, seen any improvement in OA?

Nope, but I never had any issues with it in the first place :)

Guys what temperatures are your GPU's and CPU 's when there idel ?

And what are they after playing arma 2 for lets say an hour or two.

cheers

At idle (and fan at the defult 30% rate). I'm around 60 c. When I play A2/OA for an hour with fan rate up to 70% i'm at about low to mid 70c's I believe....

But idle and sitting I'm at around 60..

But idle and sitting I'm at around 60..

Ouch. That's too hot.

Ouch. That's too hot.

No it isn't, that's not even close to too hot.

By the same token, it's not ideal, but it may be that he is using more than one monitor which is an automatic +10c (or more).

Ouch. That's too hot.

Really? You think so?...I've heard Nvidia cards run slightly hotter, especially the GeForce 8800 series.....

I'm at idle around 60-62c (fan at 30%). Though, once I kick the fan up to 65% and play A2/OA under stress for say an hour / hour and half at a time....The max I reach is 70-73c

From Release Notes (v260.89) PDF:

Open Issues in v260.89 - Windows Vista/Windows 7 64-bit Issues:

- GeForce 400 Series: Arma2–there is corruption in the game, along with a drop in performance. [667575]

Edited by =WFL= Sgt Bilko

Open Issues in v260.89 - Windows Vista/Windows 7 64-bit Issues:

- GeForce 400 Series: Arma2–there is corruption in the game, along with a drop in performance. [667575]

Hmm , that bug is on GeForce 200 Series too?

Because 260.63 was smoother in OA i think

Edited by RobertHammer

Really? You think so?...I've heard Nvidia cards run slightly hotter, especially the GeForce 8800 series.....

I'm at idle around 60-62c (fan at 30%). Though, once I kick the fan up to 65% and play A2/OA under stress for say an hour / hour and half at a time....The max I reach is 70-73c

That'd be hot for me. :) My old 8800GTX used to idle at 45c and never exceed 65c in game. I never used to run the fan that slowly though. I think I had idle at 50%.

Hmm , that bug is on GeForce 200 Series too?

Because 260.63 was smoother in OA i think

Think its just 400 Series, most of the update was for the 400's.

I have a Geforce 880GT -

Anyone using the new 260.89 drivers? Any issues with A2/OA?? Better / worse performance?

Considering upgrading because I'm having Nvidia Control panel issues with my current 258.84's .....Have done several reinstalls and can't get the Control Panel to work correctly...

I have a 480 and 470 GTX cards and they both get driver crashes. driver not responding. then it will say it has recoverd. i get this with most new and old drivers. they are working on the problem as far as i know.

I just had 2 errors in the game,

1 error screen

http://img163.imageshack.us/img163/2317/bigbug.jpg

1 out of memory error

http://img256.imageshack.us/img256/6471/arma2oa.jpg

both bugs are related to the same graphique problem ? display driver to crash? graphics card down?

http://www.systemrequirementslab.com/cyri/analysis.aspx

ohhh ... 512 MO video ram not strong for the game :butbut:

*conclusion* : change the graphics card to 1GB video ram

cool ;) nice christmas :p

Edited by colonel29

I have a 480 and 470 GTX cards and they both get driver crashes. driver not responding. then it will say it has recoverd. i get this with most new and old drivers. they are working on the problem as far as i know.

I've never had this problem so I'm guessing it's not something they are working on ;)

I've never had this problem so I'm guessing it's not something they are working on ;)

lol then your not on the nvida forums. The guys who make the cards yea! lol.

http://forums.nvidia.com/index.php?showforum=199

http://dev-heaven.net/issues/8746

all togther its about over 100 people i can see with this problem. so if you haveint see this problem then you must be blind or your one of few. there driver releases are messing cards up. and if you look true this forum and the rest of the forums you will see lots of people with the same problem,

anyway im done with nvida, there quality of cards are going down over the years.. sad really . but ATI look to be picking up,

Edited by baz44331

all togther its about over 100 people i can see with this problem. so if you haveint see this problem then you must be blind or your one of few. ,

Working fine for me and I'm neither blind or using a crap computer.

Do you really think you can generalise in this way using a sample of 100 users? That's a minuscule percentage of the installed user base and probably a small percentage of said user base that is a member of that forum.

Do you really think you can generalise in this way using a sample of 100 users? That's a minuscule percentage of the installed user base and probably a small percentage of said user base that is a member of that forum.
:eek:

hahahaha are you for real man lol

its well over 100 people. if you look at the sale of 100 people with 480 and 470 cards its about 53700.

lol so yes nvida would care.. thats big money, infacted its that big of a lose it would get the people who make the card fired from there job. nvida is a compainy. so every personnel count. dont be so foolish to think it wonld not count. they listen to the customer who complan more than others. they have too if they want to move forward with other cards.

Edited by baz44331

:eek:

hahahaha are you for real man lol

its well over 100 people. if you look at the sale of 100 people with 480 and 470 cards its about 53700.

lol so yes nvida would care.. thats big money, infacted its that big of a lose it would get the people who make the card fired from there job. nvida is a compainy. so every personnel count. dont be so foolish to think it wonld not count. they listen to the customer who complan more than others. they have too if they want to move forward with other cards.

User error is the reason for a lot of PC related problems.

Have fun with AMD :D