Sign in to follow this  
Dwarden

NVIDIA video card(s) owners read here!

Just grabbed the new addon, played a few times really like it but the crashes to desktop are driving me crazy!

well the system is clean, latest nvidia drivers and sli drivers, latest physx drivers. there are no security applications running or firewalls as the game pc is not cnx to the net.

i just checked the RPT file and it shows this.

Exception code: C0000005 ACCESS_VIOLATION at 7C809750

graphics: D3D9, Device: NVIDIA GeForce 9600 GT, Driver:nvd3dum.dll 8.17.12.5896

resolution: 1120x700x32

now in the latest version of this nvidia driver there is no option for me to turn physx off, so i can't try that. i have even put my settings for the game are at the lowest possible

the pc has two 9600gt 1gig gfx cards in sli mode, i tried it with just a single card also and with sli mode off.

the system is as follows

Operating System: Windows Vistaâ„¢ Ultimate

Motherboard: MSI MS-7578

Processor: AMD Phenom II X4 955 Processor (4 CPUs), ~3.2GHz

Memory: 3070MB RAM

Page File: 895MB used, 5447MB available

Nvidia driver: Driver Version: 8.17.0012.5896

now i know the system is good and clean, there is no other background crap running, its a fresh drive with just arma 2 and arma OA installed, arma 2 plays perfectly with settings up high.

for some unknown reason arma OA just keeps crashing on me.

Now i know its not overheating as everything is running at really low temps, the cpu has a noctua NH-D14 dual fan cooler, its bloody massive and has enough heat pipes to keep it between 36 and 41c in game mode i ran lavalys everest to check temps while in game. also i have front mount temp monitor.

The gfx cards both have Akasa AK-VC03 vortexx coolers on and the psu is a massive modular cooler master psu running at 850w ram is a quality ram as well.

so it comes back to that nvidia dll error.

UPDATE: also getting a stackhash error shows as this as the fault module StackHash_1f2c whch also shows the actual armaoa exe as a fault as well some times.

this is wierd, arma2 plays fine i can do everything with it, but if i play the standalone oa game i get this all the time.

any suggestions?

Edited by soso

Is your Video Memory set to "Default" in the OA options?

I was having similar issues, switched to "Very High" and I've been fine since.

yes i have tired every type of setting that the game allows even the add on codes to the shortcut which gives my cpu count as 4.

i have uninstalled all references to the nvidia drivers today, then did a registry clean and repair. rebooted, and then loaded the drivers again for the gfx cards. everything was reset and set back up again and i still have these issues.

I am a little dissapointed really as i love arma 2, however after reading through all the posts in the forum so far i think i may have to leave playing it for a while until there is an update that rectifies these issues.

At least i have arma 2 to carry on playing in the meantime.

---------- Post added at 01:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:57 PM ----------

nope the game is a no-go for me, its a shame really as i was really looking forward to playing this new add on.

yea i saw the cit thread, as soon as i can get 5 mins i will do that as well.

thanks for the input animal

right, i uninstalled arma OA did a full reg clean "again" reinstalled it, loaded it, only went into armoury as thats all i could get to load up, shut down then updated to the latest beta driver. then started the game, went into armoury again then changed all my settings to very high and then restarted. Hey presto no more issues as of yet, after an hour or so into the game no ctd, so it looks like things are ok for the moment.

I had no lag or issues with all settings up high, my temps were rock bottom, the noctual cooler is bloody amazing! and the coolers on my gfx cards are doing thier job now also.

Running fine in sli mode as well, physx is on and all the post process etc are on as well.

VISTA 64bit users may get way faster/smoother framerate in windowed mode with 186.18 drivers
Anyone know if this situation has changed?

edit: Meh. Finally got Combined Ops. Reinstalled ArmA2 and then installed OA, patched up, and then upgraded drivers(after full driver cleaning) to most recent version 258.96. OA - Get terrible terrible texture popup in the large city on Chernasus, often starting with no textures at all. Most common when zoomed in and turning quickly. So now it is back to the drawing board: read thousands of posts looking for the suggestions to help improve performance. It can be fixed, I am certain, but having to spend hours of reading and experimenting to do so is frustrating. I am a casual gamer and having to go through this process (again) is a serious deterrent. I got reasonable performance in A2 but never up to my hardware specs, hardware I bought specifically to play A2.

I have also experienced a CTD, but I am hoping it is related to Maverick's post-processing issue. I think I may have been playing around with all settings "very high" when it occurred.

i7 920 default clocking, HT disabled, 6GB ram

SLIx2 gtx285 1GB ram

Vista Ultimate 64

Edited by Mr.Peanut
itchy anus

Hi.

I just did a test and installed the latest nVIDIA driver from Windows Update (v.258.96) and i have run some tests here with arma2 and seems to be very good for me. No problems, no CTD, the game run smooth and some FPS boots :)

Just wanna let you know, if some of you maybe have the same computer spec as me :)

had my first driver crash in OA. the drivers try to recover but fail and the game must be terminated from task manager.

Be interesting to see if i can set video memory to default instead of high for my Gigabyte GTX460 1GB OC and not crash to desktop straight away if default video memory is selected

The Beta 260.63s are THE BEST performing and visuals delivering drivers for Op Arrowhead!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Bar none. I have never seen an ARMA game look so good as with these drivers. I am using these on my GTX 295 fyi.

Edited by Shataan

The Beta 260.63s are THE BEST performing and visuals delivering drivers for Op Arrowhead!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Bar none. I have never seen an ARMA game look so good as with these drivers.

really??????????????????????????????? are tehy really da best ?

i dont believe you !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!111oneoneone

FPDR

Anyone else have good luck with the new drivers. I saw a 5-10% drop in fps in arma 2 (have not started AO yet), but if it runs more smooth I would like to know

Hi at all, i've looking and trying lots of suggestions, prerendered frames, modifying the Arma2.cfg... changing visuals into game, updating drivers, updating game...

With the signature pc, i've about 25 FPS's in Harvest Red into manhatan base camp... this are my current settings and i've seen that people with lower specs runs the game faster and smother... ¿What's the problem? I can try any suggestion you have!

Settings: settingsarma2.jpg

The game is full updated to 1.07 and drivers are 260.63

Thanks a lot!!

Be sure to properly remove previous driver, I prefer to use Driver Sweeper. :)
Q: Do I need to uninstall my older driver first?

A: No. It used to be the case that an uninstall was first required. Today the recommended method is to overinstall the newer driver on top of your older driver. This will allow you to maintain any current NVIDIA Control Panel settings or profiles.

5chars

@pZonako;

My first language is English and I'm only just competent in that, but Google tells me that 'alto' means 'high'.

You have post processing and anisotropic at high and anti-aliasing at normal. These are very hard on the GPU. Your viewdistance is at maximum and that's really hard on your CPU.

You don't give us your system specs, but unless you're packing a very serious PC, then you're not going to get good performance with those settings.

Hi at averyone, after a very depth reading of the post i've tested as follows:

I've set all settings to VERY HIGH, y mean ALL, and the View Distance to 1600; The FPS are around 45-50, running, shooting, in a tank...

Then put all settings to VERY SLOW, same FPS...

When i've seen this, i've put the view distance to 3500, fps drop to 25 WITH ALL SETINGS IN VERY LOW, then put power up all to VERY HIGH, FPS are 23...

Only 2 FPS (always talking at AVERAGE measurement of 120 seconds of gameplay)...

The view distance, in my case, is causing me the FPS drop, and the quality settings does not affect NOTHING... (well... only 2 FPS...)

¿What could be the cause?¿?¿?

Thanks a lot!!!

(Drivers are 260.63 and Arma2 is in 1.07 version)

---------- Post added at 06:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:36 PM ----------

@Tankbuster

My sys. specs are the one from the signature, i think that, using this pc, (and playing other games like Crysis warhead with everything to max levels, and using the "real" mod, fps NEVER go under 45 FPS...

Thanks for your atention!

Ah yes, I wasn't seeing your sig. Odd that as mine is a CPUZV sig too and that shows up just fine.

You simply can't compare this game's graphical performance to others. You should see how jaded guys around here look when we see "I get a meelyon FPS in *insert generic console port FPS game here*.

Anyway, you are still over driving your PC. You won't play with everything set to high. Set everything to a little over the mid point and try again. Put the viewdistance at around 3000.

There's more to this than framerate. The action is rarely fast and furious - you won't be bunny jump shooting. Are you seeing any slow loading textures on objects?

Ah yes, I wasn't seeing your sig. Odd that as mine is a CPUZV sig too and that shows up just fine.

You simply can't compare this game's graphical performance to others. You should see how jaded guys around here look when we see "I get a meelyon FPS in *insert generic console port FPS game here*.

Anyway, you are still over driving your PC. You won't play with everything set to high. Set everything to a little over the mid point and try again. Put the viewdistance at around 3000.

There's more to this than framerate. The action is rarely fast and furious - you won't be bunny jump shooting. Are you seeing any slow loading textures on objects?

Yes, sometimes the buildings load the textures very slow and the FPS "jumps" from normal values to 15, and then go up again. I've purchased a SSD HD with 285Mb/s of reading speed to solve texture loading issues... will see what happens

PD: My VGA is a GTX 295