Sign in to follow this  
Dwarden

NVIDIA video card(s) owners read here!

I meant "better version" - with added alot better cooler - just like MSI or Gigabyte did on 460/470/480

Edited by RobertHammer

I meant "better version" - with added alot better cooler - just like MSI or Gigabyte did on 460/470/480

Ahh, gotcha :)

Stock cooling is excellent on the vanilla cards tbh.

Everyone intersted for a great boost for good price should wait for the Palit GTX570 Sonic Platinum. It comes already OCed and almost reaches the speed of the GTX580, but for far less Euros.

If there is anyone out there like me :o that is still using a 9800gt, and still using 186.18 drivers, then it is time to switch. :bounce3: I didn't know Arma could look this good!

Windows XP 32

Abit IP 35 Pro MB

Core2Duo E8400 Wolfdale running @ 3GHz

4 gig Ram

PNY 9800gt with 1gig VR

Seagate 500gig 7200rpm Hard Drive

Arma OA CO EW BAF PMC fully patched to beta 77007

No mods

View distance 2004

1024x768 two times

All settings on high except for Terrain detail and Post Processing which are both on normal

AA & AF both off

Arma 01 Bench 43 fps (that's up from 35 with the previous drivers)(47fps with @Proper :D )

Arma OA Bench 37 fps (up from 30) not as dramatic

Every other set of drivers I have tried have fried my game and borked my fps. The 266.35 drivers are, IMHO, killer! :yay: Arma has never looked more beautiful and I couldn't be more pleased; well, unless some kind soul left a new SSD on my front step! :D

It's possible that some previous driver updates are as good for a rig like mine, but after the last ones I tried, (258.96 22fps) I quit trying. I just figured that support for my card wouldn't get any better with the 2xx and 4xx cards out now. On a whim I tried these betas and I am sure glad I did. I hope this is helpful to someone.

Edited by Khugan

Well Im still using old drivers 257.21 and Im quite happy.

Something that improved the in game performance is that I choosed Very high shadows instead of none or low. I have more stable performance and the computer is quiter now not so much noise because of overload.

So I guess that my GPU takes over the shadows and gives the CPU less things to worry about. Can this be true?

So I guess that my GPU takes over the shadows and gives the CPU less things to worry about. Can this be true?

Absolutely true. High or better renders shadows on the GPU.

Ok then its confirmed :)

Another question about the video memory settings , which option should I choose? My GTX 275 is with 896 mb should I choose Default, High or Very High?

Ok then its confirmed :)

Another question about the video memory settings , which option should I choose? My GTX 275 is with 896 mb should I choose Default, High or Very High?

I have the same hardware as yours. I use default, it has always picked default. I delete my Arma2OA.cfg every now and then and only once has it picked anything different (high, which worked fine, but when I noticed it I set it to default).

I have a GTX260 and way back when Arma2 arrived and we had lag in large cities on Chernarus and slow texture load issues, I set Video to very high and textures to normal.

This combination smoothed things out for me (micro stutters too) and I never have changed the settings since.

GTX260 OC 216 896MB.

EDIT ... in recent days I have scaled this back to "HIGH" which with recent betas seems to have smoothed things out. I also returned back to exThreads=0 (dual) becuase for some reason loading times were twice as long under stock =3 setting.

A little off topic but anyway.

Edited by mrcash2009

Got an GTX 570 and see that most of the time my GPU usage is about 50% most of the time, it does jump up to about 80% but then goes right back down to 50% and stays around 50%. Anybody having this issue with the GPU usage?

I have them(266.58) on GTX580 and honestly, I can´t see any performance improvement because I ran at very high with very good FPS before, but they are working good, no problems so far. :)

Im just running a GTS250 and only good things to say

Can't pinpoint any major improvs for my series. They run stable and getting a good fps though :cool: Maybe slightly better than the previous beta

Anyone with 400-500 series cards should notice some improvements

I have a 21.5 inch monitor and all new drivers cause some problems when I try to run the game 1650x1050 .

So I usually stay with my old drivers 257.21.

With newest drivers 266.58 - my temp is 4 °C cooler than previous drivers - heh thats good - gotta test more :p

Yha i gots the GTX 570 and my GPU Usage was really low while in game, but i seen that my CPU had alot to do with that as i was running my E8400 at stock 3.0GHz i up that to an good 3.8GHz and seen the goods in my GPU Usage go up not to its full pass but better then it was with 3.0GHz. Its an monster card for the CPU i can tell ya that though.

I am unable to disable PhysX Processing?? I have the 260.99 drivers with a 470GTX Card??

PhysX > CPU = Disabled.

Yha i gots the GTX 570 and my GPU Usage was really low while in game, but i seen that my CPU had alot to do with that as i was running my E8400 at stock 3.0GHz i up that to an good 3.8GHz and seen the goods in my GPU Usage go up not to its full pass but better then it was with 3.0GHz. Its an monster card for the CPU i can tell ya that though.

When yours GPU usage is low, let's say 30-70%, it means that yours GPU is working 100%, but IT has reserved power aka. it waits a CPU to get something eatable.

=Yours GPU eats all data what yours CPU can process. You'll need more powerfull CPU.

and of course...

When yours GPU usage is high, example 100% at all time, then GPU eats what it can.

=Yours CPU is so powerfull that yours GPU is shaking. Then you'll need more powerfull GPU.

Think yours example, you overclocked CPU and its faster, of course GPU usage rises becouse it has more to eat. So, you must have much more powerfull CPU to get GPU usage to 100%. Buy a Intel i7 "Sandy Bridge" @ 5Ghz and look yours GPU usage then. :)

Btw2, i ordered today i7 "Sandy Bridge" 2600k, MB + 8Gb DDR3 and GTX560Ti. I think my GPU usage is then pretty high. :o

Sry my english, its not my native language, but you understand what i mean?

Edited by Hiikeri

I don't think you can disable PhysX processing entirely (unless you uninstall it).

The only thing you can do in NVidia CP is change PhysX processing from being GPU based to CPU based.

@Hiikeri

Yha i get what your saying as iv see that when iv OC my CPU. Im only able to use an 775 CPU so i can only upgrade to an Q series, and the that would be Intel Core 2 Quad Q9650. Would be an good push for the 570s card.