Sign in to follow this  
Sheps

Anyone else sticking with Arma 1?

no, even on my older system arma 2 runs good (not great, but good enough for now)

Im just playing arma 1 atm only because I don't get the hardware atm for Arma 2 but Im still buying Arma 2 the end of june to support Bis and have my arma 2 ready when i buy my new computer in the end of july or sometime begnning of autumn :)

Hi papoose244

I presume if you were to start a thread with the title

How do I tranfer Sahrani to ArmA II?

Someone might come along and give full details

In the bottom of the youtube video is this comment by socomseal93:

You make a mod folder in your ArmA2 directory then copy and paste the files from ArmA1 to the mod folder. then put a CA infront of all the arma1 pbos with no space so it should look like this CAobjects then add the mod folder to your target line.

Kind Regards walker

so how should BIS go about stoping the wallhacking AI?

would it be feasible/possible to have the clients video card "render" one frame with a direct line between enemy and player everytime the AI squeezes the trigger? like render a frame from the players POV to determine if the player can see the AI at all.

afterall the game knows where each unit is on the map but what is causing the problem are client side settings for vegetation that would probably be hard to simulate for the AI.

sort of .. if i cant see him, he cant see me and have the AI go into aim mode or spray and pray?

wrong approach? not possible?

just dont know who this could be done ai side short of creating a POV for each AI unit.

Sounds like the thread starter should increase AI shooting dispersion(if still possible in Arma 2)

I'm sticking to arma for the time being

due to Location and hardware issues :(

would it be feasible/possible to have the clients video card "render" one frame with a direct line between enemy and player everytime the AI squeezes the trigger?

Doesn't sound very feasible to me, for two major reasons:

Firstly, there can be many AI units who you need to do this for, and if your system struggles to produce a smooth 30 FPS, how's it going cope with rendering many additional frames to check for AI line-of-sight?

Second, you now need to some kind of image-processing on the rendered scene to try to determine if you can "see" the AI unit. That sounds like a massive drain of CPU power. Even in DCS: Black Shark, where the developers are trying to make it as high-fidelity and realistic as possible, opted to fake the operation of the optical image-tracking system rather than try to do actual image processing. And that was on something that was being rendered anyway and only once.

The AI line-of-sight thing will always have to be an approximation. But it does sound like a good step would be to make the grass a more significant factor in hiding units from the AI sight.

Edited by some kind of guy

Soon as I get ArmA2, that's me. Apart from nice ArmA 1 addons that I like, i.e. DAC etc.

Arma 2 for me . I just hope it ships over here

After a couple of days playing ArmA2 I dont think I'll play much else for the next 2-4 years. It's current status is awesome, and from here BIS and the community will only make it even better.

10/10

Well there's some fantastic mods for ArmA, some that won't be ported for ArmA II for some time, if ever. I'm sure some of you recall, just as ArmA was being released, OFP was really hitting its stride as far as Mod support, and you could deck out OFP with enough extra candy, features, missions and goodies that it actually surpassed the initial experience ArmA offered in many regards.

I think many here will be shocked that ArmA II does not look anywhere near as good on their systems as it does in many of the screenshots and videos; the more detail in the way of high quality props and models the more apparent the absence of FSAA is, and ArmA II currently offers none.

If or when BI offer FSAA support in ArmA II, it will be a lot easier on the eyes, but after less then half an hour in front of the game at a friends house I had such a headache, and was so sick of jagged alias artifacts that OFP or even BF2 (LOL) would have been a relief. In the mean time ArmA with ACE and VBS2 are enough to keep me happy...

:b:

Edited by Hoak

As soon as i get my copy of arma2, i'll never go back to armed assault.

Armed assault is a game i'll not look back on with any longing. It's a pretty bland forgetfull game, and without the community i would of uninstaled it from my pc months ago.

I can't honestly see many people sticking with armed assault like they stuck with flashpoint, when armed assault was released. The only reason BIS kept updating armed assault, was to keep the community for Arma2s release.

ArmA 1 content looks so great in ArmA 2 and playing maps like Sahraniis also fast and fluid :)

there is no reason to not buy ArmA 1 now just for enjoying it inside Arma 2 ;)

mk_V80kIAa4&fmt=22

ARMA 2 just isn't fun for me, sure the graphics are nice but overall the gameplay just feels somewhat boring.

90% of the time you can't even see the enemy only to find out your getting shot at by a squad of guys on the other side of a hill.

I don't know how to narrow it down but before in Arma it felt like you had so many options to choose from. I'm trying to like Arma 2 but its just too hard at the moment.

Not to mention there is still no inclusion of a kill book when you die, like the one from OFP, and with such drastic bullet spray and long distance shooting, its almost as if you did nothing at all the entire time.

Dont all hammer the guy lol!!

I'm sure this problem of yours will be fixed with community made dispersion addons etc in the future ;)

I dont have ArmA2 yet (awaiting 505 version) and already stopped playing ArmA 1:D

Arma 1 was wayyy too clumbsy and annoying.

Yep, you said it.

Hi all

All my online buddies have either got ArmA II or are getting ArmA II with the 505 release.

Loads of people I know are buying it on the basis of the videos that show how good it is.

Those who already have ArmA II I asked if they would go back I get a universal. "No Way!" Most of them have already uninstalled ArmA. And say that ArmA II is way better.

Kind Regards walker

I havent touched Arma since Arma II was announced.

I hope porting Armed Assault content to Arma II doesnt become a requirement, i dont want to set foot in the banana republic of Sahrani nor do i want to face the Armines, the SLA, the RACS or the beachboys ever again, i'd rather face the initial bugs of Arma II.

Since the German release I haven't even touched Arma. I bit irrational owing to the fact that I am waiting for the 505 release and as such don't even have Arma 2 yet. All the video footage of the AI in A2 pretty much put the nail in the coffin for Arma. I just can't bring myself to play against AI that just stands there while you are shooting at them. Friday can't come soon enough for me.