Sign in to follow this  
max power

WIP: Stuff you are working on 2!

Sweet AA-12' date=' early WIP I assume? thats going to be a blast. :)[/quote']

Yeah, model is getting done. Doin' magazine and improving model as we speak, but I have one problem: I do not know how to make most of LODs, or Config, or textures or anything, just the model and maybe few LODs.. So, if youre intrested in seeing my AA12 in game and working, drop me a PM, and I'll hand over the model when I am done with it :)

An AA-12. Is it going to have foregrip and stopping power pro? Lolz.

But no seriously, theres a lack of shotguns in arma 2, saiga and ,m1014 isnt enough.

Stag Out.

Hi, the model looks good but perhaps a bit too "hi"-poly. May we know what's the polycount?

Another demo video of Arena... This time with super slow-mo shots of it doing its awesomeness... :p

r46o_p3HDJs

Hello together,

i want to present you some screens of my actual project. Ok this is more an playground project then everythink else. Iam totaly new to this modding stuff and iam currently use this stuff for learning (Lesson porting infantry from A1 to A2 and getting a clue what selections are doing what).

I made just for fun, with the help of my clanmate my first reskin UCP-Delta and iam intrested what you guys think :D

arma22010022112293339010a1b83jpg.jpgarma220100221122917597f89893bjpg.jpgarma22010022112290446eaf67dbfjpg.jpg

Here is an screen what i used as reference: Link

Thats the Units from Jonny or ??? That looks vary GOOD ! ;)

Yes, they was my favourite unit in ArmA1 but sadly until now, nobody made them for A2 how they were in A1.

So i though this would be a good start :D

@yurapetrov Nice Heli! :)

Looking good Clawhammer. Have you got permission from Jonny to modify these? Or are they still for personal use? I also made some UCP-Delta,Tigerstripe,Multicam,ACU and so on, camos on his units, but I never got the permission from him and Ardvarkdb. ( I was using ardvarkdb modified version)

But still, if you get the permission here is a small camo pattern for you to check out.

092109_swatch_UCP_Delta_800.jpg You can use this as base, if you don't already have it. .google for UCP-Delta and you will find the camo with better resolution. Nice work by the way

Here is a freeware Jaguar that Darkhorse found for me.

Note: This is not my work, I did not create this model. This model was created by 3dfreak and can be found at www.free3dmodelz.com

I've got this model into to Blender and from here on have no idea what to do :P So if anyone can give me a guide as to how to get this into ArmA or would like to help me get this into ArmA send me a PM or post here.

f_keam_acf56ea.png

Here is a freeware Jaguar that Darkhorse found for me.

Note: This is not my work, I did not create this model. This model was created by 3dfreak and can be found at www.free3dmodelz.com

I've got this model into to Blender and from here on have no idea what to....

Well I see that the format is .3ds wich should work in Oxygen 2. So Open oxygen ->Import-> .3ds and you model. Then you can place it correctly in oxygen and scale it. I am not familiar with modding vehicles, so for configs & animations you'll have to ask someone else :)

Well I see that the format is .3ds wich should work in Oxygen 2. So Open oxygen ->Import-> .3ds and you model. Then you can place it correctly in oxygen and scale it. I am not familiar with modding vehicles, so for configs & animations you'll have to ask someone else :)

Thanks. Got it into O2 and same problem :P Still have no idea where to go from this point :P

NouberNou: Wow man! Will it be implemented on the Bradleys too? :)

Hope well see it in the works down the line. Good work.

o hai everyone. I redid the "Magazine slide" and fiddled around with other parts, sights etc...

wip04a.jpg

Please, do tell me where to improve :P

Originally Posted by Soldier_X View Post

f*ck knows anything is better then O2.

this.

this.

Well you can again still call my oldschool, but personally i still use good old 02 as my main model builder. Everbody his own tast, but for me 02 'simple but honest' way of working fits me perfectly. Maybe it is because i never fully learned how to decently work with Modo or Max etc, but since years i have grown on 02..and for me it does the modeling job very good.

Let me rephrase that, O2 has it limites, but for what you get it does a very good job imho. Yes i lacks various tools, but nothing you can do by hand. Sure that often means you loose more time, but again it fits my style of working.

Offcourse, it isn't meant for highpoly models, baking AO/normal maps, unwrapping, reducing models... For those steps i export and use other programs.

Anyway, again each his own preference. Just found it a 'bad' answer, especially throughwards new guys. Don't write of old 02.

iXq1rIzzQu4

Video of Arena Tank Defense System for potential inclusion in ACE2 with the Shtora passive defense system.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arena_Active_Protection_System

Wow, that's a really good stuff! I always wished to see it in ArmA II (even if, for fair play reasons, the M1 tanks should have reactive armor, or something like that, implemented, too, but that's another matter). Anyway, great work!

Just one suggestion: i saw your videos; shouldn't the explosion be closer to the tank? I mean, in your mod the missile get hit about 3-4 meters away from the tank, while in reality it should be around 1-1.5 meters..

Edited by Voyage 34

Afaik the missile is "intercepted" within the 25mts between the tank and the detection area.

Maybe it depends on missile type too, btw less than 2 meters seems low to me...