Sign in to follow this  
max power

WIP: Stuff you are working on 2!

I have tested them out. They look very good, however they don't damage you as a unit, and when they land they make a grenade explosion noise :/

certainly isnt hard to fix those issues. :)

Here's what I've got so far on an exterior model of an AH-1F. There's some stuff left to do and a lot of room to model down certain parts (especially on the turret and cannon). I think it's coming along well though. What do you think? Crits welcome.

ah-1f_01.jpg

ah-1f_02.jpg

ah-1f_03.jpg

ah-1f_04.jpg

Just under 10k triangles.

That's very good , then u can add more details or on future TOW/FFAR pods

That's very good , then u can add more details or on future TOW/FFAR pods

It will need them. After I finish the interior, I'm going to have to do some weapons. I'll definitely do the ones from OFP and I'm wondering the feasibility of doing something like a Vulcan pod. I guess the Mi-8 has multiple gun type weapons, but does it have to be a turret? Can these weapons be attached by proxy?

I guess the Mi-8 has multiple gun type weapons, but does it have to be a turret?

Yup, all the gun type weapons have to be turrets, but you can cheat it pretty well with some smart named selections and config'ing.

Can these weapons be attached by proxy?

Not sure, at a guess I'd say the memory points for the cannons would have to be part of the main model, but then theres nothing stopping you from doing the rest of it via proxy. You wouldnt be able to have anything that animates tho, obviously.

Edit: I just chucked a quick vid of the multi-barrel thing on the VBS2 shilka onto youtube. Its still processing, but I guess it'll be available in 10 mins or so.

Edited by DM

certainly isnt hard to fix those issues. :)

Is there a fix in the works DM? :p

Yup, all the gun type weapons have to be turrets, but you can cheat it pretty well with some smart named selections and config'ing.

Not sure, at a guess I'd say the memory points for the cannons would have to be part of the main model, but then theres nothing stopping you from doing the rest of it via proxy. You wouldnt be able to have anything that animates tho, obviously.

Not so obvious to those of us with limited modding experience. :o

wip08.jpg

Tweaked pistol grib, round enough now? :D

made the rear stock bit more round, so it doesnt look so sharp

as allways, Feedback is very much appreciated. :)

here some pics of my little side project

at the moment i trying to get the bow nearly realistc working

and still have some problems with the Navi model animtaion

of course textures and models not finished...

avabow.jpg

naviwip.jpg

avataarrrr.jpg

avabody.jpg

Loving the crisp yet worn detail on the seahawk rivets.

this na'vi body looks cool, just looks a bit too large at the moment (and lacks the tail :p) (maybe you didn"t redone the body for the moment and just did the head ?)

Edited by sgt_flyer

[imghttp://img199.imageshack.us/img199/7113/wip08.jpg[/img]

Tweaked pistol grib, round enough now? :D

made the rear stock bit more round, so it doesnt look so sharp

as allways, Feedback is very much appreciated. :)

I'm posting an image with a suggestion for form and mesh flow for your shotgun. The form of the AA-12 where the pistol grip meets the lower receiver is similar, but not exactly the same.

flow.jpg

Also, I think that the shotgun is slightly wider than the pistol grip. It seems wider with a similarly bevelled, roundy edge just above the trigger guard.

aa12shotgun467ace.jpg

Redid parts of pistol grib, hope its closer to real thing now :)

wip09.jpg

44 Magnum (Original model by Duffman) Modified by My ;)

It looks great but some areas are in need of proper shading. the front and square surfaces (not counting the grip) need to have some sharp surfaces.

Edited by Rellikki

Redid parts of pistol grib, hope its closer to real thing now :)

[imghttp://img683.imageshack.us/img683/8702/wip09.jpg[/img]

Much better now!

You don't need so much detail for the finger groove thing on the pistol grip (behind the trigger). Just hinting at the shape should be good enough, especially while you are still establishing the meshflow for the whole shotgun. Simpler meshes are much easier to control than more complex ones. The really small detail should be saved for where people are going to be staring most of the time. In the game context, this would be the sights and the receiver closest to the viewer as his avatar holds the thing.

There are some shading errors there owing to some 'poles' (vertexes with many edges radiating from it) and I think maybe some faces that aren't planar. You can I think select those faces and scale them flat. This weapon is actually a great one to start on because it's not a very complicated shape but demands you to think about solutions to some interesting problems.

On the whole, for now, I would say that there's too much detail in that grip area, but you are on the right track with the flow and technique. If you ever need a guide for straightness, length, or roundness, you can just create a new primitive of that shape and size and then use it to guide your eye.

I whipped this up in a about an hour in max when I was hung over last night but unable to sleep. It's probably disproportionate because I eyeballed the whole thing from that photograph I linked to above. I only measured overall length vs. barrel length.

This is intended only to be an example of meshflow and of relative detail, nothing else:

AA-12_mesh.jpg

Whipping this up was fun. I can provide other shots if you wish and I might be persuaded to part with the mesh as long as you use it to learn from and not as part of your addon.

Edited by Max Power

wow, a hour of work and your model is allready looking as good as mine did after like 1337 hours :D

I wish to learn how to bring weapon actually IG, and texture it and shit... But not that good / patient with tutorials xD

wow, a hour of work and your model is allready looking as good as mine did after like 1337 hours :D

I wish to learn how to bring weapon actually IG, and texture it and shit... But not that good / patient with tutorials xD

I'm not learning tools, and if you're using O2 to model, you're my own personal hero. Extruding a box and applying a bevel doesn't really take very long in max. You'll get much faster as you go if you keep it up.

Edited by Max Power

It looks great but some areas are in need of proper shading. the front and square surfaces (not counting the grip) need to have some sharp surfaces.

Hmmm, i have try it whit "F5". But the result see on the Pic ;)