Sign in to follow this  
max power

WIP: Stuff you are working on 2!

Instead of using standard rounds for the bullet. Any chance you can make it as a grenade laucher? And make a new model for the m203 round? ...
Awesome crossbow! :D

Will it actually shoot the arrow? And not some BIS laser tracer :D

I will make a few different kinds of bolts, and TRY to get them to work. I think i can.

Will it come with a bag of candy? :O

I am not sure, I would need help of some community memeber, who could make LODs, configs, textures and sounds for this, because I really dont know how to. I have tried to learn but goes wayyy over my head :S

Looking good HarryZhe.

Yup,what about making scoped version too?

no scopes in medieval times.

I sketched this guy late 3 nights ago and modelled him the next morning, but my texture was acting up in bulldozer. I figured out the cause and fixed the texture.

lolalien.jpg

This is purely for a practise, so if anyone wants it for any mod at all they're welcome to the files, just PM me.

2 kinds of ammunition

only thing left is the lever and claw, then i guess ill try my first animation D:

bolts.jpg

harry you are the most talented guy in this community i swear

everyone needs to just stop making their models in o2...

i'm making tutorials, sit tight :)

Really awesome work Harry, my crusaders would not be frightened by the armor-piercing power of the crossbow but by it's sheer awesomeness :p . I guess you studied this in some way?

__

I tried some more stuff on my space map after seeing the fantasy skies thread, added in some nice low poly objects by SolCommand of scifi-meshes.com

arma22010-02-1915-32-39-84.jpg

arma22010-02-1915-35-35-37.jpg

http://i290.photobucket.com/albums/ll246/bla212/arma22010-02-1915-32-11-37.jpg

http://i290.photobucket.com/albums/ll246/bla212/arma22010-02-1915-33-00-01.jpg

The texture still seams weak at several parts, I may try to up the resolution and find a better replacement. And still, the texture doesn't fit the uv layout (seamlessness :( )

Edited by Icewindo

yeah dude you sure are something else! hope to see tons more from ya! btw i may be calling ya up for some help with a few little things if your down to help...like so many of my addons are no possible thanks to you and your skills..

so if you like a nice challenge..lol like helping getting proper sh-60b\f\r seahawks into a2? then im your guy haha

Not everyone has money to buy 3d max/maya/zbrush

Well im a maya and zbrush man myself i didnt realise you could import from maya into 02 or use them in arma? Hence why i've been sticking to textures.

If people dont want to go down the evil route theres always free alternatives like blender. Ive not used it but it looks more then capable and f*ck knows anything is better then O2. Theres a lot of options out there.

Doubt anyone actually bought 3dmax/maya/modo/zbrush/whatever else you wanna think of JUST to model for A2.

The ones who owns any or more, do it because they use it earning their livings, or for other modelling purposes.

Anyhow, as it was said before, i do agree that anything is better than o2. Blender has all the tools of a commercial product, comparing with some of those even more. The community around it is just as large as any of the commercial products, and documentation and tutorials are plenty.

So while you need to O2 to finish the project, you don't need it to make it. And it is not a matter of money in the end

Just to support recent statements, Blender is definately a good choice for 3D modeling comes bundled with its own UV mapper, and sculpture tools. And it is emerging to be much more than just a hobbyist tool, with increasing numbers of smaller studios using it.

FYI. I use Blender on a hobby level but have access to 3dmax, and kind of understand the issues re-Autodesks pricing regime and questions of bang for buck as I use some of thier other programs professionally for architectural pruposes. With Autodesk what you pay for is service and support but the expense vs simply asking a question at blenderartists.org or one of the other community sites realy becomes something of a no-brainer.

PS. sorry for carrying the off topic, looking forward to posting something done in blender after the current hump of commitments.

pretty good mid-poly models can be made with O2, except you would have to hand draw your normal map and AO.