Sign in to follow this  
max power

WIP: Stuff you are working on 2!

I like the addition of Jeff Wayne's war of the worlds clip and the implication that the a10's cannon is a 'heat ray'. Very clever.

Framerate is about the same which is nice :) It would be alot more fps but with fraps recording it drops it quite a bit.

Edited by Opticalsnare

Looks awesome, I can barely wait...love the sparks, adds so much immersion to it. Keep up the good work.

th_arma22009-08-0713-39-50-01.jpg

th_arma22009-08-0713-40-48-96.jpg

quick reskin of the BMP2 in Russian Camo, figure Russia probably has a boatload of these things still around. Gonna add some more rust/dust and align the camo on the texture then try to figure out how to config it, i just replaced to tex of JehzusScream's iraqi BMP2 to test it out.

Superb idea, the BMP-2 is a must have for the russian forces for sure.

Guest RKSL-Rock

Project Page: Westland Apache AH-1

You can see high res pics on that page too.

Please note everything is WIP there are no RVMATs or Rotor Blurs shown in the pictures.

apache-montage_bis.jpg

Planned Versions:

We are going to make 3 versions. I don’t want to get involved in all the issues around making all the numerous derivatives so we are planning to make:

•UK Westland Apache AH1 (with MTADS)

•Dutch AH-64D

•Generic AH-64D (with MTADS)

All three versions are pretty common and can be made very simply and quickly by adding or deleting simple shapes or part of the model. The model is setup to allow quick and easy 3rd party reskins. A paint and addon template will be released together with the first version.

RKSL Feature Set:

•TADS and PNVS rotate to “safe†position when engine is off.

•Flight Direction sensors are animated.

•Weapons pylons rotate to firing positions after take off

•Dynamic Rotor System (DRS)

•Improved flight model

•Radar Warning Receiver (FCSS required for full use)

•Integrated Chaff and Flare Counter measures system

Edited by RKSL-Rock

Planned Versions:

We are going to make 3 versions. I don’t want to get involved in all the issues around making all the numerous derivatives so we are planning to make:

•UK Westland Apache AH1 (with MTADS)

•Dutch AH-64D

•Generic AH-64D (with MTADS)

All three versions are pretty common and can be made very simply and quickly by adding or deleting simple shapes or part of the model. The model is setup to allow quick and easy 3rd party reskins. A paint and addon template will be released together with the first version.

RKSL Feature Set:

•TADS and PNVS rotate to “safe†position when engine is off.

•Flight Direction sensors are animated.

•Weapons pylons rotate to firing positions after take off

•Dynamic Rotor System (DRS)

•Improved flight model

•Radar Warning Receiver (FCSS required for full use)

•Integrated Chaff and Flare Counter measures system

Looks great, mate, seriously, I can't wait!!! :yay::yay::yay:

RKSL-Rock: mate , that apache is really great , i was waiting for that for A1 ,but in A2 will be alot nicer :)

btw if you want some ah64 sounds , just tell me ;)

I stumbled upon the RKSL site a while ago, looking for a Puma model I could get in Gmod, I saw the .PBO and gave up before I started lol. Their work has always looked really nice. I'm a fan, even though I've never used any of their mods. :p

Just a quick video of what ive been working on recently, still got a quite a bit to do but mostly just showing off the lighting effects, sparks and some other stuff. Anyway heres a rough video hehe..

Man this HAS to be released along side Matts smoke effects that are on the way ... totally f#ing nuts :)

Man this HAS to be released along side Matts smoke effects that are on the way ... totally f#ing nuts :)

I think you mean DMarkwick's smoke effects :p

And yes, it does look good :)

RKSL-Rock: mate , that apache is really great , i was waiting for that for A1 ,but in A2 will be alot nicer :)

btw if you want some ah64 sounds , just tell me ;)

I can recommend your Apache engine sound. It sounds really close to the real thing.!

@OpticalSnare

Keep it up! That is super duper. :) Great effect.

@RKSL

Nice Apache! Ah the juicy stuff is coming.

I think you mean DMarkwick's smoke effects :p

And yes, it does look good :)

Yeah, a merger between the two would be really cool.

My F-22 Raptor is on hold for right now. (read here) I am currently working on other projects as Arma II is virtually unplayable on my computer. (which is sad considering my system specs) I hope the next patch addresses the issues that so many of us are having. (freezing/laging/crashing) But, until that happens, I really don't have much motivation to continue working on the Raptor. I apologize to those who were looking forward to the Raptor release, and I hope to be able to get back to it soon.

Opticalsnare - Oh. My. Lord. Amazing stuff there buddy, topped only by your choice in soundtrack.

Somebody give this guy a job in game development...

The AH-64D is very good looking and I hope it becomes more accurate visually as it goes down the WIP road :)

I'm glad to see more and more people taking an approach to making custom AH-64's as opposed to using BIS's model over and over.

Guest RKSL-Rock
The AH-64D is very good looking and I hope it becomes more accurate visually as it goes down the WIP road :)

Whats wong with it then?

Edit: I know all about the rotor hub and the HIDAS stuff.

I'd rather discuss it via PM, many of the reference photo's I'd post are either copyrighted by airliners.net or come from flickr which although you can view and save peoples pictures there is some sort of permission rule where you can't use or link them...unless I'm misinterpreting that.

Whats wong with it then?

Edit: I know all about the rotor hub and the HIDAS stuff.

Rock,

I have some suggestions:

- it's related to the two MFDs for the pilot/gunner seat. It would be nice to bring them up full screen (as seen on the picture) where you'll be able to interact with it and select/prioritize targets.

So, first you have your cockpit view (pilot and gunner):

air_313a_005.jpg

air_313a_006.jpg

And then one would bring up one of the MFDs by hitting a key showing it full screen allowing you to: manipulate the targets, selecting and prioritizing them.....have a look at the dtv/dvo/flir, weapon statuses......just like in real life. Below a selection of screen for the AH-64D:

mfds.jpg

Hitting another key would cycle through the available screens.

- for the middle pod/gauge of the gunner, something like below would be nice:

air_313a_007.jpg

- It would be nice if you could make IHADDS slave the gun, meaning that the gun would follow you head movement (which I think would be technically possible) using the alt key. It would also be very interesting to see if we can get this somehow hooked to the TrackIR system. I've already posted a question about it. Still researching if it is possible.

The reason I stated to bring the MFDs full screen is that there is no render to picture option (for now) in Arma 2. You could opt to go only full screen on the DTV, DVO and FLIR screens as they would be related to render to picture qualities in the actual cockpit. The other screens would be possible already in cockpit view. I don't know if you could interact with them in cockpit view, although that would be sweet.

Or maybe some genius knows how to create render to picture qualities to Arma 2 without having the source code.

Model looks very good in my opinion.

I hope this will get to be the very best AH-64 MK1 as we already have a very good AH-64A from the HWM boys.

PS: Illustrations are from a mod called EECH for a 10 year old game called Enemy Engaged, although graphically abit dated (10 year old engine), the mod team created a hell of a beast. If you're interested, go to their website www.eechcentral.com. The game can be purchased for I believe 6$ online (rerelease of the old game).

Edited by p75

Guest RKSL-Rock
I'd rather discuss it via PM, many of the reference photo's I'd post are either copyrighted by airliners.net or come from flickr which although you can view and save peoples pictures there is some sort of permission rule where you can't use or link them...unless I'm misinterpreting that.

Please PM me then, but I am very curious about where you think its inaccurate? You see I'm using extracts from (unrestricted - ie heavily redacted) British AAC service manual for the Westland AH1 and the top level General Assembly drawings from Westlands as a airframe reference. And Im getting direct advice and support from real Apache aircrew at Wattisham and Dishforth. But I admit I have had to take some liberties in some areas due to poly count. So far only 4 common points come up and one of those was under the impression this was an AH-64D and not an AH1(WAH-64D). But maybe I'm missing something obvious?

Issues so far:

1) Rotor base is wrong

2) Sponsons are very slightly too wide in proportion to the engine

3) Step and some details missing form the main landing gear

4) 1 US source didn't realise what the HIDAS Setup was

Rock,

I have some suggestions:

You are thinking along the same lines as we are already. So far we haven't started scripting anything for the apaches but we already have an extensive list of features we'd like. I just don't know if we can make them all work just yet.

I'd love to say we're going to add every feature everyone wants but honestly we don't even know if the engine will be able to manage even half of what we want to do.

EDIT >>>

- It would be nice if you could make IHADDS slave the gun, meaning that the gun would follow you head movement (which I think would be technically possible) using the alt key. It would also be very interesting to see if we can get this somehow hooked to the TrackIR system. I've already posted a question about it. Still researching if it is possible.

I already told you in PM before you posted the forum thread if it was possible that we were already looking into it.

Or maybe some genius knows how to create render to picture qualities to Arma 2 without having the source code.

You cant do it without resorting to squirting data into memory (I think that how Kegety's ArmAlib version worked) which goes against our policy of making everythign 100% Mp compatible on both Windows and Linux servers sine ArmALib only worked on Windows.

PS: Illustrations are from a mod called EECH for a 10 year old game called Enemy Engaged, although graphically abit dated (10 year old engine), the mod team created a hell of a beast. If you're interested, go to their website www.eechcentral.com. The game can be purchased for I believe 6$ online (rerelease of the old game).

I actually have it. Shadow got me into it last year.

Edited by RKSL-Rock