Sign in to follow this  
TiGGa

3D-Real time editor

Hmm, i thought, you will find it sooner......

This "hidden" editor need some improvement and tuning. Guess thats the reason why BIS + petergames/morphicon didnt announce it. ;)

we expect that we will "open" it by some patch, its there, but need some tweeking

Don't you love those guys...

Ok, who managed to get UP or Down ?

middle mouse?

or Q,Y on Keyboard.

I do wonder if this feature is going to get expanded or not. Would be sweet if it would.

Why don't you try checking a page back Mehman.

ArmA 2 is full of gems ... isn't it ? ;)

You have foiled their secret marketing plans I bet they were going to wait until we get bored of the release content, and then Boom! 3D editor...

9 more days of Real Life to get through for us UK lot, keep up the information threads.

we expect that we will "open" it by some patch, its there, but need some tweeking

you guys have really some neat stuff here. :yay:

The up and down is dealt with by the scroll wheel, and Q and Z keys for me... But could be different for others.

hey do you know how to get that filter color used in the editor in game ? i like it this way

i opened a thread for this specific topic:

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?p=1305947#post1305947

im sure arma2 will be the ultimate game after a few patches. hell it already IS the best ive ever experienced in gaming concerns. im looking forward to new surprises like the hidden 3d editor. thank u BIS :)

*edit

nm silly me

Edited by RunForrest

Camera controls control your camera movement. doh.

The most difficult - to understand how to work in it.

Jesus I keep getting more and more amazed by the progress you guys made from ArmA to ArmA2. It stunning. This 3D Editor will sure make my life a helluva lot easier. Thanks fellas.

A lot of it looks like a direct copy from the VBS2 OME/RTE interface, everything operates pretty much the same except the need to place a centre then a group to go with it, that's definately not a VBS2 thing, at least not in the versions I've been exposed to.

On the whole glad it's in A2, I went back to using VBS2 today and sprinting felt like it was in slow motion (same with ArmA :\), and I couldn't reload while moving, so it looks like I'm only using VBS2 when I have to. Now if they fix the bugs there might be some forward progress on the horizon!

Jamie.

HAHAHA!!!! Oh, I'm siting here laughing my ass off. What a TREAT! Arma 2 is already fantastic, and seemingly just getting started! BIS you guys are the best! The reviewers NEED to know about this, how release is just the beginning with BIS.

Edited by Scrub
Removed some drivel

I hope there will be a briefing editor implemented as well, and maybe some a script editor also.

Can you rotate objects in the 3D mode? I tried a lot of key-combinations.

Can you rotate objects in the 3D mode? I tried a lot of key-combinations.

hold shift + left click on object and drag

ctrl - elevation

afair