Sign in to follow this  
TiGGa

3D-Real time editor

I am still stuck with this.

I made a mission in the 3D editor and called it mission3.sqf

Then i made a mission in the 2D editor and called it mission.sqm

Then i copied the mission3.sqf file to the folder containing the mission from the 2D editor ''Mission.sqm''

Then i made a file named init.sqf with these lines :

execVM "mission3.sqf"

if (isserver) then {execVM "mission3.sqf";};

Then i opened mission3.sqf and removed the last 3 lines.

Then i started Arma 2 and started the 2D editor. I loaded the mission named test2 (name of the folder containing both 2D en 3D mission files)

It loads and when i am 1 sec in the mission the game chrashes.

Anyone Knows What I Am Doing Wrong?

You have to delete a few unused lines of code at the beginning of the script. atm cannot remember what they are.

**edit**

in the script delete these

processInitCommands;

runInitScript;

finishMissionInit;

processInitCommands;

Is needed if you have anything in the init lines of the objects you place in the 3dE

You have to delete a few unused lines of code at the beginning of the script. atm cannot remember what they are.

**edit**

in the script delete these

processInitCommands;

runInitScript;

finishMissionInit;

i have already removed these lines, like i sad in my first post

Man I cant wait for a patch to make this more userfriendly! :D BIS just keep on truckin'! :D

it would be more helpful if the editor would save your units in their last known position.

IE, I load the air craft carrier and put players and jets on it and save...everything goes back in the water.

If u add this to the init file it will spawn it on the carrier.

"this setPosASL [getposASL this select 0, getposASL this select 1, 15.9];"

Also i had to do some frequent saves to get the editor to remember where i put stuff etc.....

As for swapping between the 3D editor and the 2D editor....

Cant for the life of me get this to work with the 2D editor....

Am following this thread and still no joy!

I have made up a mission with all the static objects and presets from the 3D editor where i want them.

Now i want to transfer the mission to the 2D editor to add the enemy etc...(As the routines and waypoints etc... seem to be easier to understand and control in the 2D editor)...Donk!

It crashes...

Now i know on a previous post they said it creates a 'bad' pbo so i can use the "used saved" folder and create a pbo with Eliteness. That runs the game but nobody can actually play it...let alone edit it :(

Any ideas?

Edited by Snakei

Sorry for bringing this thread up, but i tried to figure out how to save and add the 3D edited things into missions.

The last thing i read here is that Warghost20 didnt get his to work. So how do i get the 3D edited things into a mission? Im thick so simple explanation would be great. :)

EDIT: Did a base in 3D edit and saved. Even though i named it "3Dbase" the saved file was named "mission.sqf". Opened the 2D editor and added only a player in there. Saved it and moved the 3D editor mission.sqf to the new mission folder made by the 2D editor. I also opened the mission.sqf and removed the 3 files:

processInitCommands;

runInitScript;

finishMissionInit;

And finally i made an init.sqf where i added the lines:

execVM "mission.sqf"

if (isserver) then {execVM "mission.sqf";};

On start of the mission it crashes ARMA totally. Argh. What am i missing/doing wrong?

Alex

Edited by Alex72

Sorry for bumping, but i have a base i want to get into a mission and wondering now if this is impossible or is there a solution to this?

Check post above.

And sorry for double post. The thread dropped fast im thinking that no one has made it because it doesnt work yet?

Can anyone make a video tutorial to show us all how to change file from the 3D to 2D editor or if there is already one can someone tell me where cuz i am completly lost but really enjoy using the 3D editor ...:D

Sorry for bumping, but i have a base i want to get into a mission and wondering now if this is impossible or is there a solution to this?

Check post above.

And sorry for double post. The thread dropped fast im thinking that no one has made it because it doesnt work yet?

Alex72,

I've been wondering the same thing. There's gotta be someone around here that knows. Maybe Cadmium77, he made a bunch of 3DE tutorial videos. If you figure it out please let me know, I'll do the same.

Sure will mate. Been following ideas and tips but the best result let me see what ive built *almost* just before ARMA crashes.

Really hope BIS gets this editor done some day.

EDIT: Wish i knew german (mapfact forum 3D topic - link bottom), and im not in the mood of using any translator atm (8 in the morning here and serious time for bed lol).

But:

Some tool to convert that other file the 3D editor creates. Converts from that to SQM.

Link: mission.biedi to mission.sqm converter

Link: Mapfact Forum 3Deditor Thread

Will investigate more when i wake up again. Ta ta.

Edited by Alex72

Anyone got that converter working?

i dragged the mission.biedi to same folder as 3de_conv.exe.

clicked exe and "ERROR: No file for converting!" wierd.

i havent still found any way to transfer the 3D editor files into MP mission.

if i just run the script file, it will lag the hell out of the server (most likely objects created for every player), if i set it to run on server, JIP players wont see them.

Any suggestions?

You should read the previous posts a little more carefully, it clearly states that the sqf file that is generated from the 3D editor is a spawn script of everything youve made. It doesn't create a mission file.

Here is a quick step by step, for more information look at previous posts in this topic.

1. Open 3D Editor

2. Do your thing in 3D Editor

3. Save your stuff in 3D Editor

4. Open regular 2D Editor

5. Save 2D Editor Mission

6. Go to the folder with your 3D Editor save name

7. Copy mission.sqf to your 2D Editor mission folder

8. Rename mission sqf to whatever you want

9. Create init sqf in 2D Editor saved mission

10. Put in if (isserver) then {execVM "3deditorcopy_of_mission.sqf";};

11. Open 3deditorcopy_of_mission.sqf and delete bottom 3 initiation lines.

12. Preview the mission from 2D Editor.

Voila all your saved stuff from the 3D editor should now spawn in your mission.

I have followed these instructions directly and if i try to preview a game it just dumps to desktop...:mad:

So after a bit of head scratching i found out you have to delete the player in the 3deditorcopy_of_mission.sqf

these lines..

if (true) then {selectPlayer _this;};
};

Then it seems to work fine :yay:

Hey all!

Anyone knows an existing solution for this error message, while using the "3de_conv.exe" converter?

//----------------------------------------------------

// Program: 3de_conv

// Version: 1.00.10

// Start time: 9.11.2009 10:5:16

//----------------------------------------------------

Mode: 1

Converting from 3d to 2d editor...

DynO config file: D:\Documents\ArmA 2 Other Profiles\AkeR\missions\hit-and-run_raid.utes\DynO.cpp

Cannot open DynO config file!

Path: D:\Documents\ArmA 2 Other Profiles\AkeR\missions\hit-and-run_raid.utes\DynO.cpp

It's every time comes up, when I'm trying to convert a mission that contains a prefabricated composition, like a tent camp.

Thank You!

I'm just wondering, can i somehow place objects, like sandbags, barracs etc. when using this editor?

EDIT: Problem solved...

Edited by Nibemo

I have followed these instructions directly and if i try to preview a game it just dumps to desktop...:mad:

So after a bit of head scratching i found out you have to delete the player in the 3deditorcopy_of_mission.sqf

these lines..

if (true) then {selectPlayer _this;};
};

Then it seems to work fine :yay:

Now to figure out to do the exact opposite and take your existing mission.sqm and get them into the 3d editor, so you don't place objects on top of one another if in close proximity. This method did work however.

I tried creating a mission with the 3d editor, adding in description.ext, init.sqf, briefing.sqf, etc. It works - no need for mission.sqm at all.

The 3d editor does not generate the pbo file for multiplayer correctly, but it's easy enough to roll up your own by other means.

There are still some eccentricities, no doubt the scripts need just a few more commands to be fully correct. But the proof of principle is there.

Is there already a Ticket in the Community-Issue-Tracker for this? I mean a feature-ticket with the wish to finish the 3D Editor?

Evil Echo: Have you managed to create something in the 3D editor and then open it in the 2D?

Argh hope this will be made available in a nicer way such as make your base in 3D - push button - open in 2D: base is there - continue with AI etc. Would be nice.

I did not attempt to make my mission work with 2d editor. Baisically trying to create a "pure" 3d-editor mission.

Ok I haven't had time to really go through this until now I would really like to get this working but I am having more problems then anyone else I am reading here.

First Error I get when starting is the DLL Injection error and after that I am told that

Addon "ION_RTEV Requires addon Warfare_Buildings_Twice_Static

The game changes screen as I hit ok and moves to another screen still not fully into the game and I get

Variable ION_DSM2_CM_CurCtrl does not support serialization and should not be stored in a mission namespace.

We hit ok and go one more screen in

No Entry bin\configbin\Ion_RTE_Editor\controls object list_liste.scrollbar

And I am like WTF this is crazy!!!

I remove the RTE and I have no errors at all.

So any Ideas? I have downloaded the most recent version from the blog 1.54

I am running windows 7 64 bit o/s

Game Runs fairly well settings run at almost 30 frames per/sec on high settings

I'm not new to setting up mods I mean I'm comfortable with most setups and yet I am feeling quite lost

That's unreal! I had no idea the 3d editor exsisted...... :)

Is there anything else Arma2 features?

Well i got my 3D version to work in the 2D editor as a script, i just got rid of the......................

activateAddons [

];

activateAddons [];

initAmbientLife;

from the beginning then at the end just the

runInitScript;

finishMissionInit;

What also worked well was adding

setAccTime 0.0; at the start

and

setAccTime 1; at the end of the script, works great

Originally Posted by Provac View Post

You should read the previous posts a little more carefully, it clearly states that the sqf file that is generated from the 3D editor is a spawn script of everything youve made. It doesn't create a mission file.

Here is a quick step by step, for more information look at previous posts in this topic.

1. Open 3D Editor

2. Do your thing in 3D Editor

3. Save your stuff in 3D Editor

4. Open regular 2D Editor

5. Save 2D Editor Mission

6. Go to the folder with your 3D Editor save name

7. Copy mission.sqf to your 2D Editor mission folder

8. Rename mission sqf to whatever you want

9. Create init sqf in 2D Editor saved mission

10. Put in if (isserver) then {execVM "3deditorcopy_of_mission.sqf";};

11. Open 3deditorcopy_of_mission.sqf and delete bottom 3 initiation lines.

12. Preview the mission from 2D Editor.

Voila all your saved stuff from the 3D editor should now spawn in your mission.

You rock dude and so do everyone else that got us to this point I have a massive air base on Fallujah v1.0 and in the editor 2D there is nothing apart from one man then when i preview everything that i placed in 3D editior is there this is awsome break through Kudis for who ever work this out first

I am Running

ArmA2 + OA + BAF + PMC and they are all there for me to place in the 3D editor.

I am going to make a Video and upload it to you tube with in a week or 2 just let me work it out a bit better so the video will actually teach those who have not got it working to at least get to the stage I am at wich is not very far at mo just geting object placed at ground level not i need to learn how to place them on a different level like a roof top or something. Ill keep this post updated again many thanks