This is a addon request;

Is anyone considering giving Arma 2 vehicles thermal imaging?

The current stock of T-90 tanks should have thermal cameras; "Early models of the T-90 were equipped with the TO1-KO1 BURAN sight but later models (T-90S) were upgraded to use the ESSA thermal imaging sight, which allows for accurate firing to a range of 5000–8000 m using the CATHERINE-FC thermal camera produced by Thales Optronique".

I was thinking there are many vehicles like the T-90, AH-1 Cobra, Ka-52, LAV-25 etc that should have thermal imaging sights. Perhaps even some of the Arma 2 rifles and guns should have thermal optics as well?

Does anyone know of a mod or is working on a mod that will do this?

EDIT; Zeroing all scoped/sniper weapons in Arma 2 and zeroing vehicle guns would be nice as well. This feature works so well in Arrowhead and a port over to Arma 2 would be great.

Illegal to port OA features to ArmA 2. Atleast IIRC. Not stand alone anyways, now if it requires OA, then it would be fine.

Illegal to port OA features to ArmA 2. Atleast IIRC. Not stand alone anyways, now if it requires OA, then it would be fine.

Would you please stop spreading such affirmations around here? Support your afirmation with links, quotes etc. I have read EULA myself

This is a addon request;

The current stock of T-90 tanks should have thermal cameras; "Early models of the T-90 were equipped with the TO1-KO1 BURAN sight but later models (T-90S) were upgraded to use the ESSA thermal imaging sight, which allows for accurate firing to a range of 5000–8000 m using the CATHERINE-FC thermal camera produced by Thales Optronique".

I was thinking there are many vehicles like the T-90, AH-1 Cobra, Ka-52, LAV-25 etc that should have thermal imaging sights. Perhaps even some of the Arma 2 rifles and guns should have thermal optics as well?

Does anyone know of a mod or is working on a mod that will do this?

EDIT; Zeroing all scoped/sniper weapons in Arma 2 and zeroing vehicle guns would be nice as well. This feature works so well in Arrowhead and a port over to Arma 2 would be great.

Well, if said addon required the client to own both Arma 2 and Arrowhead then it would be fine yes? Basically the addon would only work with combined ops.

Would you please stop spreading such affirmations around here? Support your afirmation with links, quotes etc. I have read EULA myself

I'm a bit rusty on that topic, but hasn't it always been illegal to backwards port something? That's what was said when people wanted to port ArmA II stuff to ArmA. :confused:

if i get an ace2 signature can i tell people what to do too?

It has always been the policy to not allow backwards porting of items. it was strictly forbidden to put arma2 content in arma1 and since i have not read any documentation otherwise, i would assume it is still the case.

why not just save up your nickels and dimes from your paper route, ride your bike down to the local computer store and support BIS by buying a copy of OA.

i can only chalk situations and questions like this up to blatant ignorance.

why not just save up your nickels and dimes from your paper route, ride your bike down to the local computer store and support BIS by buying a copy of OA.

I already own 2 copies of arrowhead. But OA doesn't have LAV-25s, Cobras, T-90s, etc . I guess a work-around would be for someone to make an LAV-25/Cobra/T-90 mod for OA with working thermal imaging.

I already own 2 copies of arrowhead. But OA doesn't have LAV-25s, Cobras, T-90s, etc . I guess a work-around would be for someone to make an LAV-25/Cobra/T-90 mod for OA with working thermal imaging.

We can bring models forward to OA no problems, what we can't do is make OA contant available to Arma2.

Well thats how I see it anyway.

tldr;Apologies if this has already been covered/has been addressed already.

I want more dust obscuring my vision, specifically in OA (it is dusty dusty Takistan after all). Preferably it would change depending on wind/weather and vehicles/weapons discharge.

Although there is a faint dust effect at long distances already I feel that more could be done. I haven't experienced many atmospheric effects so far, i'm talking dust storms/wind blowing dust clouds/smoke about etc. The way that aircraft and vehicles (hell even hurried footsteps) could generate dust hanging about in the air/ obscuring vision would add considerably to the realism of OA (thinking here is similar to how the blinding HDR and sub-optimal night visibility make missions more intense). Sometimes it's fun to have to battle the weather in search of that perfect shot. On that note, perhaps weapon smoke could be modified to linger/spread more. I would love to see an effect for getting dust in your eyes!!! Might make those goggles sitting atop your helmet useful!!! I'm thinking something comparable to the blurring that occurs when you are tired/out of breath. What i'm NOT thinking is the blood/dirt splatter on the screen after being injured/blown up (its pretty lame in it's current form imho).

I guess that concerns over performance were the reason that more effects were not included in the game in the first instance, hence some user configureability would be great (perhaps similar to JTD SmokeAndFire mod ... fantastic). That or the thin atmosphere of Takistan's altitude precludes much dust from lingering.... in any case, it would be fantastic to have the option for more dust.

Perhaps you could do us all a solid and quote the passages that rebuke the claim?

Request: A MEU(SOC) 1911 that holds 8 or 9 rounds and shoots nearly as accurate as the g17 in arrowhead but with the power of the .45. Preferably with a flashlight. In a standalone pbo :D

1911_in_Iraq.jpg

qyd1ue.jpg

300px-Meusoc86.gif

We can bring models forward to OA no problems, what we can't do is make OA contant available to Arma2.

Well thats how I see it anyway.

Awesome, as long as they have thermal imaging then that's fine.

Awesome, as long as they have thermal imaging then that's fine.

Yep, that's exactly the way it is.

Some of you guys here need to pay closer attention to detail. As I see it Highway_Star didn't ask for a port of thermals to ArmA2 anyway, but for the vehicles:

This is a addon request;

He doesn't say "i want thermal sights for arma2" but "i want thermal sights for vehicles of arma2" which implies he would be using them together with OA.

I'm pretty sure it wouldn't be possible to reproduce the OA thermals into ArmA2 anyway (not same engine capabilities, missing reference...).

I'm pretty sure it wouldn't be possible to reproduce the OA thermals into ArmA2 anyway (not same engine capabilities, missing reference...).

Well I used a green camo M1A1 Abrams tank (the one from Arma 2) in the editor and it does have thermal sights. It's an Arma 2 vehicle so I assume other Arma 2 vehicles can be given the same treatment.

Hello there people!

I'd love to see a config that replaces the vanilla M1A1 with the one from Mateck, for both ArmaII and OA if possible.

And secondly a replacement config that exchanges the T-72s with the ones from Dractyum.

Yes, they are available in ACE, but I prefer to not use that mod.

I tried to do those replacements myself, but failed completly several times allready. Would anybody be so kind to make them?

hi .

I would like to see older versions of Ah1 cobra . i mean versions fom the beginning 60's and 70's of ah1 cobra ,Vietnam version etc etc . If i was a better model maker i shuld make one of these . but i am not so good :)

regards

Fouba74

Is it possible for someone to make a mod so ArmA2 weapons use CQB sights like in OA? For example M4A1 RCO GL has same cqb sight on top of ACOG as camo one in OA but you cannot use it for A2 one.

And is it possible to make OA M4A1 RCO GL and other arma 2 guns (M16A4 etc.) to use lasers and flashlights?

Legislator did a great job on FLIR and Flares for A2 vehicles so all I need is this.

Origin:

For those who enjoy taking on the role of a Special Forces team, it becomes very obvious that a very significant part of their operations (aside from sabotage, intelligence gathering, etc) is hostage rescues and high-value target arrests. However, Arma2 along with its predecessors have never fully integrated a hostage or arrest feature, aside from surrendering units when they flee. Sure there have been scripts created by the community, but they are bogged down with common issues e.g.

- Unpredictable hostages that run away from their location

- scripts that are difficult to understand and implement by novices (such as myself)

- Script errors and holes in the system

- Inability for quick "plug and play" ops.

Concept:

What I am proposing is a very very (must stress this once more) VERY simply module to be created to do this. It comes in the form of a module found in the MODULES (F7) option. What you do is select whether you want "Hostage" or "Arrest", and sync it to the unit that will do this. (As shown in the picture).

http://img683.imageshack.us/i/arma22010070823582595.jpg/

How it works:

What it does is create an action in the action menu for the unit synced. When you approach the unit, for example hostage, an action will appear saying "Rescue Hostage". Upon clicking it, three things will happen:

1) They will joinsilent your team

2) They will reset animation and act normally (picture below shows their initial animation)

3) A sound clip will play (and possibly a hint message) of a soldier shouting something like "Friendly Forces! We are here to rescue you! Come with us!"

http://img153.imageshack.us/i/arma22010062318350939.png/

As oppose to arresting, you will approach the unit whom you wish to arrest (obviously they will have setcaptive true, and removeallweapons this). Upon clicking the action in their proximity menu, they will:

1) Place their hands behind their heads (as seen in the picture below)

2) joinsilent your team

3) Play a sound clip of a soldier shouting "Hands on your head! Down! Get down!"

http://img268.imageshack.us/i/arma22010062318342954.png/

http://img441.imageshack.us/i/arma22010062318361408.png/

Beauty about this:

- You are able to place "HOLD, CARELESS" etc for units so that you can gurantee they wont go anywhere

- You are able to not do the above, and when you are spotted, the high-value target can gap it (making it more challenging and realistic)

- Unlike ACE2 mod where you can get surrendered units to follow you, you are not able to get them to board vehicles. For this module, you can.

Creating the module:

Obviously I haven't got a clue how to script, let alone create modules. But I have hunted down the key ingredients for the module.

- setcaptive true = to ensure units (hostage and high value targets alike are not shot at)

- removeallweapons this = so that the target can't shoot you

- joinsilent = unit joins your team. The player then is able to get them to board vehicles etc.

Things I havent been able to find however is the animation scripts needed to get the desired animations in the pictures. However, those were from SLX mod, so the answer will be in there.

Closing Remarks:

PLEASE MAKE THIS! Its such a simple module for novice players, and can open a huge door for new operations, especially since OA has enterable buildings (hint hint 'house raids' operations).

For those familiar with Task Force Black/Knight, their primary operation in Iraq was high-value target apprehension, usually arresting their targets every night.

If whoever wishes, I can rustle together the sound clips for them when making this. Please PM me if anyone is considering it. Again, its bloody simple, three or four simple scripts.

I hope someone is listening

Hey.

Personally I would love to see Troops with a resistance to the effects of the nuclear SCUD, To fly in and see the fallout zone etc.

Marine Commando landrover used in Afghanistan. The Arrowhead special landrover is nearly the same only it has russian weapons.

A Land Rover WMIK you mean? Like for example this one

Can someone take the OA pilot model, put a USMC helmet on him instead of his flight helmet, and make his ballistic vest a coyote tan? If so, please PM me.

i second that, id love to see US Marines with the Nomex flight suits.

hires_080430-M-7448P-005.jpg

also request Afghan National Army.

n1300150122_88545_3032.jpg