you know, you act like man who comes to death-metal band show "let they play something to dance with girl"

No, that´s definitly not true! While I´m playing with the radar on everybody else still can play with radar off. If I force the death metal band to play pop music eveybody has to hear it. :D

That´s the advantage of this computer game. Everybody can play it the way he wants. And the aspect of realism is good but when my team members report enemies in totally wrong directions this is extremly unrealistic! So I only want to compensate this.

Kind regards,

Hur Zwa

I would like to have despite that.

Kind regards,

Hur Zwa

On the easiest setting I think it has a little red circleover the enemies when you look towards them, that can help point out their positions.

No, that´s definitly not true! While I´m playing with the radar on everybody else still can play with radar off. If I force the death metal band to play pop music eveybody has to hear it. :D

That´s the advantage of this computer game. Everybody can play it the way he wants. And the aspect of realism is good but when my team members report enemies in totally wrong directions this is extremly unrealistic! So I only want to compensate this.

Kind regards,

Hur Zwa

oooooooo

now i understand your problem

they report enemy in direction they see

so , if your team mate is turned left (from you) and enemy is in FRONT OF YOU, than he will report enemy on right

why ?

cause enemy is on HIS right side

now okaty ?

they (AI) don't care where YOU look, they say where they see enemy themself

and as someone said - on easiest play setting you have light red point on enemy

The message is "enemy man, far, to our front". It´s silly to report sightings regarding the own personal direction. I don´t know which direction my people are facing when they are running around. And I cannot tell my people to report sightings on my direction.

I don´t want to offense anyone but I only want this tiny little HUD mod not to discuss the reason why for days.

The message is "enemy man, far, to our front". It´s silly to report sightings regarding the own personal direction. I don´t know which direction my people are facing when they are running around. And I cannot tell my people to report sightings on my direction.

I don´t want to offense anyone but I only want this tiny little HUD mod not to discuss the reason why for days.

I think its done by config in Arma2, that means you got to rerelease all Arma2 soldiers with a edited config just so all soldiers have the radar. It wont be like a feature that can be added to the game difficulty like a crosshair.

A realistic radar for troops would be like the one below. ;)

cb53a94a80c37d7ce0fea38772dc7b9e.gif

Can someone make a simple addon for the color filters that works in Armory?

I´m so tired of the "hot Autumn" color palette

Would be awesome with some sliders to costomize your own palette in game if possible :cool:

Check this thread: http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?t=75528

edit:

Check this vid for nice color palette effect!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ebWtydKsFJ4

Edited by ThaSundancekid
found reference video

As far as I'm aware, the AI don't report an enemy location based on the AI's position. IIRC they base it on the average direction your squad has been moving in. Might be wrong there.

As far as I'm aware, the AI don't report an enemy location based on the AI's position. IIRC they base it on the average direction your squad has been moving in. Might be wrong there.

I have come to this conclusion as well. It sure isn't the direction of player, and seems that it isn't the direction of the AI unit. It seems it is the direction the formation is moving (And the direction of the formation isn't exact when you move small distances. Test for yourself: Order your group to follow you and circle and / or move back & forward abit).

PS. Why can't we have a direction clock like back in the OFP. It helped alot... Now the contact reports are kind of useless!

PS. Why can't we have a direction clock like back in the OFP. It helped alot... Now the contact reports are kind of useless!

Agreed,someone please make it!

Agreed,someone please make it!

doubled

yes, OFP way was better

I remember there was Ch46 project going on for ArmA1 and it suddenly just.. stopped, y'know, like ummh... snow in summer? anyways, it looked cool, and it is exactly what ArmA2 needs. Osprey is nice, but I can't use it, so missions are hard to make. They can use the Mh53 addon, but larger chopper=larger fun :P

Yeah there was a CH-46 in progress...The maker is a member of the ACE team, so I think he's kind of busy with his work in the mod. Hopefully we'll see the machine flying around Chernarus some day.

Hi everyone

Does anyone know if there is a mod which creates pools of blood, or splatters which affect the environment around a body - such as splattering of blood onto trees, grass etc?

I think this would add some really good realism to the game - I couldn't find any blood mods except for OFP - If not, does anyone know whether it is possible so I could begin making one myself? I would be interested if the capability was there for blood pools to grow, extend and move around the body.

I know it's a bit gruesome but it just bugs me that this game doesn't have enough blood (that sticks) for a simulator! It's bad enough that limbs don't come off. :butbut:

well bloody that sticks or spirts, closest thing to that i can think in the SLX mod, maybe look at that if you havent already.

Plain pools of blood it's possible, blood that "dirt" grass and tree, probably not, it would require a special texture for the models interested, a quite amount of scripting etc... but the first is doable and already done/being done by SLX and ACE

where is the tsahal?eh?..and lebanon?gaza?....a must have....

If someone makes/has made a UN addon, like the one from ArmA, I will love them for life.

o How i miss Using this back in the OFP days:D

Hope someone could re-create this in ArmA2 :cc:

REQ: African insurgents for my Isla Duala and other upcoming projects :)

p.s. they can be in civilian clothes.

One of the big problems i have with this game is the unrealistic nature of the bullet impacts, there is a large splatter of blood at the impact site, but no matter or mist on the opposite side. SLX mod makes impacts look better, but as a sniper i want to see a pink mist float away and dissipate with the wind.

If you look at the smoke effects that come out of the guns, they start off small, and grow larger and fainter, and after a few feet the smoke is carried away with the wind. If someone modded this effect to be a light pink colour, and come out of the rear of the bullet impact, it would make bullet impacts look much more satisfying, not a couple of splatters. Is this easily done? Or difficult?

Proper Javelin System:

(skip to 55 mins).

Its probably been asked already and i know there was something tested via Arma1 but unsure of that ever came out or would get ported.