Anyone know if there are any Russian transports, suitable for dropping paratroops from?

Also, the first thing I thought when I saw the Arma 2 graphics was "vietnam would be so cool on this"

I'm using BTR70 thanks to VIlas as now... but i'm stuck in un-blocking the Alpha Studio BTR80. The second one is suitable for us ;)

YAY!!!

Just had another idea, would it be possible to make a "shoot while running" mod? I don't mean run'n'gun, but when you were running and your gun was down, if you pressed fire the gun would come up and then you could fire(albeit massively inaccurately, suppression only.) May be stupid but it's just a thought.

'USI Studios' ;) is working to recreate the 'Stuntman' mission from OFP, and I hoped to use the Challenger. I recently downloaded the addon from OFP.info, but of course, the addon does not work properly in Arma2. It has a graphic glitch, and it lacks a 'get in driver' action. I do not have the knowledge to use the tools to fix this myself.

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y126/Bigtires79/challenger1.jpg

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y126/Bigtires79/challenger.jpg

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y126/Bigtires79/stunterror.jpg

Can any one port this, please? :confused:

challenger_front.jpg

http://ofp.gamepark.cz/index.php?sekce=unofaddons/vehicles&archiv=true&page=20 > scroll down, 5th from top

Edited by [DirTyDeeDs]-Ziggy-

I saw that there is Ch46 in jungle fever mod for OFP, anyone willing to port it to ArmA2? :)

@MrCash

Same here man, it would make the Javelin so much more rewarding when you destory something if it had its real life interface also if you could put the computing system onto the launcher instead of it magically appearing would be Sweet! :yay:

I would like to see some:

Tactical gloves, since when does someone want to shoot an M16/M4 without gloves those weapons tear up your hands and fingers!!! :mad:

Helmets, more googles/sunglasses.

ACR, FN Fal, SCAR-N, Night Ops versions and some Semtex Grenades.

It would be awesome if we got some Sticky Camera's, throw them onto a wall and view them, radiation poisoning and gear.

Proper Stars(luminosity/size) and a Bigger Moon, why is the moon so small in Arma 2???? Better Moon Texture.

More sound effects for ambience and Wound sounds, I hate hearing my guy say "My f**king leg" everydamn minute.

Hand Textures, The hands looks gross in this game, mushy kind of, increased resolution of hand textures, scars, dirt, blood just make the hands look better.

Mantle feature, step over is a pain, I don't know if this would work well.

Co-pilot for the MH-60S, V-22, C-130J, Mi-8/17; loader for the M1A1 (even if doesn't make too much sense)

Hey Gnat when you get a chance is it possible to port the Nimitz carrier in from ARMA 1, I tried it my self but I'm not good at modding yet so it was complete fail :( lol

Adding Pink Mist.

One of the big problems i have with this game is the unrealistic nature of the bullet impacts, there is a large splatter of blood at the impact site, but no matter or mist on the opposite side. SLX mod makes impacts look better, but as a sniper i want to see a pink mist float away and dissipate with the wind.

If you look at the smoke effects that come out of the guns, they start off small, and grow larger and fainter, and after a few feet the smoke is carried away with the wind. If someone modded this effect to be a light pink colour, and come out of the rear of the bullet impact, it would make bullet impacts look much more satisfying, not a couple of splatters. Is this easily done? Or difficult?

This was actually proposed by somebody else in the original OFP forums back in 2002 or ´03, but I don't think it was ever realized. So I thought I'd toss it back into play for ArmaII ;)

A map containing several well known landmarks as well as some generic environments and/or objects would be of great use to mission makers wanting to include cinematic cutscenes. Also movie makers could use such an island.

The island itself wouldn't have to be too complicated or big. It could perhaps even be square shaped, but big enough that each landmark could be viewed without interfering objects in the background. No actual missions would be played in the island (altough nothing would prevent such, if one wished to :) ). Instead, the landmarks would be used as dramatic scenery for cutscenes to show mounting political tension etc.

Examples of landmarks could include, but not be limited to:

-United Nations HQ Building, NY, USA

-The Thames House building, London, UK (HQ of the MI5)

-Kremlin and the Red Square, Moscow, Russia

-Pentagon building

-CIA HQ in Langley, Virginia

-Cathedral of St. Vitus and Vysehrad castle, Prague, Czech Republic

-European human rights court in Strasbourgh

The island could also include a number of more generic interior and exterior "sets", eg. a conference room, a holding/interrogation cell, a cheap hotel room, missile silo exterior (with opening blast doors!), an underground train station, international airport terminal, bank vault, secret government lab, Hangar 13 at area 51, the oval office etc. You get the idea ;)

The island would also include several different urban and rural environments for exterior shots. Having all these on one map would ease cutscene capturing immensely. For perfection, a copy of the island could be created as a twin map, but with ruined versions of the land marks mentioned above.

Edited by dialektiikka

FN Fal

there are some models already in P85 , scoped, iron sight, wooden , plastic, para...

when britain sas?counterterror units?delta force?eh?

The current selection of ships/boats is very limited atm. the RHHiB (is that her!) has good fire power but offers little protection for the gunners & driver.

A Boat with good fire power & protection. :)

And doesnt loose power while turning, the current a2 models stop powering when u turn which is annoying and unrealistic

The current selection of ships/boats is very limited atm. the RHHiB (is that her!) has good fire power but offers little protection for the gunners & driver.

A Boat with good fire power & protection. :)

And doesnt loose power while turning, the current a2 models stop powering when u turn which is annoying and unrealistic

yes, addonmaking scene for Arma2 is very poor comparing to variety from OFP

i really would love to see more addons as you say

and as other people say , i hope that more people will be doing different and new and unique (not doubling others work) addons

in OFP we had so huge variety

now we even miss modern Iraq army , Pakistani and India army and even Italian soldiers are not presented yet

no matter of politics, simply - more addons than just "another one country army only addons, another..."

more different countries, ships, dinosaurs, monsters and more stuff like that :)

Edited by vilas

dinosaurs, monsters and more stuff like that :)

hehe dinosaurs :bounce3:

Yeah OFP had a endless amount of addons, became a bit too much in the end. but was good ;)

-

Walkways on and inside buildings need to be wider, sometimes AI die, when placed there, they seem fine in the editor, but when you check mission they are dead, it varies! (i assume because there isnt enough room between the wall and the railing) :rolleyes:

About Italian soldiers it's sad; i can't get even a discussion somewhere because the only one on armaholic is dead...but they say the mod is running...

about italians:it is a shame we dont have them yet...the italians sf are very cool to see,I got a lot of materials...there is only 1 guy working on the entire ita stuff,he cannot make miracles...if anyone is interested I will provide detailed pics and videos

about dinos:ahahahahha I have this dream too!!!dinos vs prehistoric humans!!!

i hate myself for not having mastered even skins in all this time in front of photoshop...

A separate addon where all it does is change all those color blobs in recruit mode to the same color, yellow, gray, or white perhaps? And maybe tone down the opacity, maybe optional to all the way down?

Reason: With all other aids turned off, this one is starting to make sense. It gives "off screen" pointers, and will help identify "POIs" for those with limited resolutions. I'm team leader with good resolution, and it annoys me that others can't see the same targets that I can. But personally I would play turning them completely off.

A separate addon where all it does is change the colors on vehicle radars to the same color, yellow, gray, or white perhaps?

Reason: I like having the "magic radar", sort of as a replacement for proper FLIR. But FLIR alone doesn't provide IFF capability. So, despite being somewhat magical, it will prevent us for opening fire at least until we know what we are looking at.

I hope I'm not alone on this one...

But is there someone who's willing to pick up, and workout the idea of creating a realistic huge all-in base? (Something like Fort Benning, Georgia)

Complete with practice/proving-grounds for mechanized formations to dwell on, and hone their driving skills? It does not need the exact buildings, but what I mean with stating something like this, is that I have had it with the tiny little meaningless "bases" found on Chernarus/Utes

Not that much people would wish to become lost on a huge base like requested anyway, but a main-base with some Forwards Operating Bases, and some spread-out realistic villages/occasional town strewn around the map would be nice for a defender/attacker role. Oh, can there also be a fortified static borderline/defence line (something like the German Siegfried Line, or Finnish Mannerheim Line?(Dragonteeth already ingame..All we need now are concrete bunkers!)

I wish for a clear distinction between a backland's mainbase, and the various FOB's, it should be a mix of what Leusderheide map for OFP had (around/within the main-base's zoned area). A mix of the Schmallfelden map when talking about villages with realistic looks, and the overall terrain should have a big portion of rather low rolling hills and light and heavy forsested parts.

Something like a huge Glacier near the highest mountain top would be cool too. Snowy tundra like area's with nearly nothing but bushes around. (in real life small dwarf-like trees aswell. just not modelled ingame..) in the Highlands, and like mentioned before, low rolling hills in the lowlands, and even flat terrain at the coast, with sandy beaches, and a huge harbour with industry set around it. Anyone up for the task?

Thanks for reading, and I hope for to inspire some mapmaker(s)

There was a star ship troopers mod for ARMA 1, (well the bugs from Star ship troopers atleast) Could someone port this over, I've already attempted it but I keep getting errors, and quite frankly I've given up :(

http://www.armedassault.info/index.php?game=0&cat=addons&id=661

http://www.armedassault.info/index.php?game=0&cat=addons&id=657

I would like to make a request for a 'grenade heavy smoke' addon that's compatible with ArmA 2, JTD FireAndSmoke, and WarFX Particles.

I think the exploding grenade effects in the following video are the most realistic I have ever seen, I hope someone can create an addon to produce the same effects.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7yxkWYkPoEg

can someone make a simple mod to at least make chopper damage more realistic? i mean for instance, my chopper was damaged today, and all what happened was there was smoke coming from the tip of the nose going straight down! what about filling the chopper with smoke, and sparks etc .. more of a damage noise to force you to actualy land it! instead of it looking like a chopper with a fag in its nose! lol

---------- Post added at 03:44 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:43 AM ----------

I would like to make a request for a 'grenade heavy smoke' addon that's compatible with ArmA 2, JTD FireAndSmoke, and WarFX Particles.

I think the exploding grenade effects in the following video are the most realistic I have ever seen, I hope someone can create an addon to produce the same effects.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7yxkWYkPoEg

Nice! :bounce3: though id like to add to that also! the grenade sound effects are crap! there isnt a good one yet! even the vop sound mod doesnt make it good! its so lame...