How about an M107 or M109 with a holographic sight on it? They use them in the coast guard for destroying cars and vehicles. How about modding it onto a helicopter as one of the guns?

Try as I might, after 30 google searches I can't find a picture. Saw it on Military channel the other day :\.

Expanding on this, perhaps somebody can re-skin the default U.S. Navy MH-60S in ArmA 2 to a U.S. Coast Guard livery? Perhaps maybe even with the M107 that ryguy reequested?

i would love if the Mi8 had a walkable interior + a back that actually opens

There was a mod in ArmA 1 which allowed the Mi-8 Hip to have the aft cargo hatches open, I forgot which one it was though. Speaking of which, the SLX mod for ArmA 1 allowed for opening doors on ground vehicles.

Request: Can somebody make a mod which equips all the default USMC BLUFOR units with gloves and tactical glasses?

Edited by Laqueesha

Make them fly stealthy.

I know how they will turn off lights...:j:

its not the same as "careless", if enemy is in the area the helo will not carry out the pre planned waypoints and do their own thing.

@WolfStriked

It depends on your difficulty, I have my HUD disabled like many others, making iron sights very important. I also don't know if it's because I use ACE or something, but I can tell when I am fatigued when I go into iron sights because of the increased sway.

I just have demo and I am contemplating purchase as I sit here and write this.I have Steam account so once I commit its a quick ride to Arma2.I now see what you mean about gun sway using iron sights while fatigued.Its a nice effect.

The more glaring point for me though is the lack of kickback.It makes my stomach turn in the same way as racing sims do when I watch a replay of a person driving unrealistically.It just throws my senses off.

Have you seen this mod for crosshair. http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=7388

Here is a well said review of it.

""Hey! Hi. I just came in here to say one thing:

THIS! THIS ONE IS THE BEST MOD!

I don't care if everything else is vanilla but this is a MUST HAVE for me!

My major problem with Arma was the super accurate floating crosshair. This one is just perfect and optimizes the gaming experience.

1. It's not SUPER ACCURATE

2. It's not intrusive and you hardly ever notice it. It is just an indication of direction.

3. It's the right size. It's kinda useful to use in short range (especially with a machine gun where you can spray and pray) and totally useless for mid to far ranges. That makes you use your ironsights or scope when you have to.

4. It enables you to use crates, door and stuff without trouble.

5. It's much better than not having a crosshair at all. You can see where your sniper rifle is pointing etc

6. I FAKKEN love it.

Thanks for making it. ""

Makes for opening crates etc easier and I like the fact that you can gauge a bit where gun is pointed before you go to sight.I find I go to sight and am looking at floor.:butbut:

Sfc Itzhak made his CH-46 and CH-53 walkable in the interior, but that caused some major problems with the landing of the chopper - they didn't land, but hovered 2 meters over the ground.

S.W.A.T. that is all I want, epic will have been achieved when/if it is made.

Oh! And the Lenco BearCat Armored Rescue Vehicle(SWAT styled of course)! Yeah, that would be great.

And just for fun, the I.R.A.

Edited by Ogachi

Vilas Polish Pack includes some SWAT guys, except they're polish. (doesn't matter)

all of his work is quite.. polished if i may say so myself.

And just for fun, the I.R.A.

Just watch Deadliest warrior? ;)

Has any mappers/map makers thought about making a map of the Lake District in the north UK?

Would be perfect for a map in A2 .. lakes, hills, flat areas, roads .. lovely scenery. Used with UK forces/landrovers etc would be great. If I knew the mapping side for A2 I would make this myslef but have neither the knowledge or time unfortunately.

Just watch Deadliest warrior? ;)

Yes, but you know it would be fun to run around in a three-hole balaclava with a flamethrower, killing Taliban and getting owned by Spetznaz!

I don't know if anyone mention this before

But is it possible someone release a civillian addon that convert female civillians to use same model with male characters?

It would be nice in some mission to arm females or let them operate military vehicles.

Addon request, just to test the concept, if anyone is up for it: Replacement crosshairs for personal weapons.

Remove the center dot. Replace the two side poles with 4 angled poles at the corners of a rectangle. The size of this rectangle should be dependent on the weapons dexterity value, and if possible, the players speed/stamina. Since Arma1 dexterity has been of little importance, since most players (especially new ones that haven't seen OFP) doesn't play with floating zone. This would make the ability to deliver accurate shots dependent on how "quick" the weapon is to aim.

With 4 angled poles in a rectangle fashion, the bigger the rectangle is, the harder it becomes to find the exact center, but you'd still be able to "point it at close things".

Hence an MP5 which is designed for close combat, would be more accurate "from the hip" (or, without using the sight, or, over the sight), than an M107. It helps put back the importance of dexterity, and emphasizes that you should use the sights for accurate shooting. Problem today is that too many are assault snipers with really inappropriate weapons for the job. And they deliver extremely accurate shots without using the sights.

What is dexterity? Try different weapons after setting floating zone to maximum. That is how this game used to play back in OFP days. Now with most people playing without floating zone, the "cumbersomeness" of the weapon doesn't mean a thing anymore. This mod will also allow free floating zone players manage to find their way around the screen.

Some visual examples:

Crosshair for MP5A5 due to dexterity = 1.8;
|
|
|
|                              \                    /
|
|                                        * (the target)
|
|                              /                    \
|
|
|

Crosshair for M16A4 due to dexterity = 1.61;
|
|
|                        \                               /
|                                                             
|
|
|                                                            
|                        /                               \
|
|

Crosshair for M24/M40 due to dexterity = 1.35;
|
|             \                                                       /
|                                                                   
|                                                             
|
|
|                                                            
|                                                                 
|            /                                                        \
|

Crosshair for M107 due to dexterity = 0.45;

|        \                                                                /
|
|                                                                   
|                                                             
|
|
|                                                            
|                                                                 
|
|        /                                                                \

* (the target) not shown on actual crosshair of course :)

Anyone willing to have a go?

Edited by CarlGustaffa

We need a Limouzine in-game.

We need a Limouzine in-game.

yeah if you're gona get killed, you might as well ride in style

edit:

Something cool to have would be bombs with a much larger damage radius. That way if you're detonating one of those unexploded bombs (from the WWII pack :)), you have to stay behind an object to stay safe from shrapnel etc

The shrapnel wouldn't kill, it would just wound.

Edited by Fox '09

I wonder if someone could port intro from ArmA2 demo (the one with UH-1 and Ghost Wlatz in background) to ArmA 2.

Now I might sound like I am out of my mind, but why does everyone who makes soldiers need to always make them with mixed uniforms? I would like to finally get an army that wears the same uniform. Not green camo tops with desert camo bottoms or the opposite.

Even special forces do not always ONLY wear whatever they woke up next to in the morning. I know BIS made Razor two that way, but Cooper is probably the worst looking player I ever had to play in any game, especially looking at the back of his purple head. And I hate those boots that look like tennis shoes or hiking boots. Is that really a military issue boot?

However, on that note, I think it would be cool if someone started making spec ops units to wear OPFOR uniforms. It is my understanding that, when doing covert missions, and deep cover missions, They try to look like the enemy in order to blend in. Getting rid of all things showing the where they came from, including removing shirt tags etc that are written in english etc.

So if we must mix the uniforms how about a mix of enemy uniforms in order to be more realistic and blend better. I would do it if i knew how they skin the soldiers. I can't get anyone to tell me how they get that fabric look.

And if anyone is still reading, how about making better Marines. I see a million Army units now even making different years, 2005, 2009, etc. Can someone get some really good looking marine units. Including tucking in the pants to the boots. (I don't know why that bugs me). But those Army units in ACE and Binks look really good. Lets get some Marines like that.

I think that the hidden premise here is that soldiers under SOC get a wider choice of gear than regular troops. Their attire is actually criticized by some CDF troops in the campaign.

Also, here's a standardized uniform (but not standardized gear) with 'hiking boot' style footwear.

http://i138.photobucket.com/albums/q263/twh106/Force%20Recon/041223-M-5578G-044.jpg

Dont know if this can be done even, mabe its even already made.

Having Mando installed i need to have HUD to atleast small, know read me states normal but everything gets uge.

Can this be done: having hud, guess it would be where crosshair would normaly be in normal sice while getting the rest, ammo count ect in extra small?

Hope that made any sence:)

How about the DEA F.A.S.T. Team. It is a sub-section of the DEA that assists foreign countries with drug problems. Currently they are in Afghanistan and possibly Mexico:

[MG]http://jimmysjogren.files.wordpress.com/2009/10/post-86-1256055668.jpg[/img]

Super hi-res:

http://www.justice.gov/dea/photos/operations/albatross/002.jpg

actually have these guys finished, i just never released them.

^ That's why I hate the spammers and idiots and flame baiters on these forums. Alot of addon makers decide that it is better to keep their work to themselves, instead of letting some idiot nitpick over every detail they did wrong and have them demand that they be changed.

(Not saying that's the case here Bink, but I know it is in several others, with several different people.)

to add with darkhorse

PityTheFool.jpg dont give em addons makers no back talk suckas