Sign in to follow this  
bloodbomb

What does ARMA 2 have that Operation Flashpoint 2 doesn't?

This question is useless, simply get two games and play them both :yay: The player should choose which game to play, it's more about personal preference. You can't even compare ArmA 2 and OFP2.... OFP2 simply uses the fame of the name Operation Flashpoint, after the BIS released the first game. It's like asking "What does DCS Black Shark have that BF2 doesn't?" :pet1:

Edited by USSRsniper

This question is useless, simply get two games and play them both :yay: The player should choose which game to play, it's more about personal preference.

quoted for truth. :)

This question is useless, simply get two games and play them both :yay: The player should choose which game to play, it's more about personal preference. You can't even compare ArmA 2 and OFP2.... OFP2 simply uses the fame of the name Operation Flashpoint, after the BIS released the first game. It's like asking "What does DCS Black Shark have that BF2 doesn't?" :pet1:

That's exactly why i choose ArmA 2, because BIS always stayed true to the orginal. Look how many sequels are for money making these days and have nothing in common with the originals(Rainbox 6, Ghost Recon , Fallout, etc...).

And then CM decides to make Battlefield: Dragon Rising and call it Operation Flashpoint...

A developer who is worthy of my money having worked hard to produce something which will go down in gaming history.

Also, is it me or is ARMA 2 attracting more people than ARMA 1 did?

Seems like the public are fed up of the same old same old generic FPS "console" shooter.

@Gimpymoo: Meaning that you don't buy a lot of games? ;)

@Fred DM:

dude, if you haven't noticed, we're on the internetz. you don't criticise grammar and punctuation on the internet. period. and trust me, i know the english language. i do this for a living.

I take it that you don't make much money in that job? Considering how you can't afford a new keyboard with a shift key that actually works I mean. Seriously though, your typing stinks and is hard to read. Why shouldn't we criticise that? We all do mistakes, but you're doing it deliberately.

i am just too lazy to use the shift key :(

anyway, shouldnt go off topic here

i am just too lazy to use the shift key :(

how dare you? :eek: don't you know capitalizing sentence-initial words is the real issue here? :confused:

Jesus H. Christ. :j:

A developer who is worthy of my money having worked hard to produce something which will go down in gaming history.

Also, is it me or is ARMA 2 attracting more people than ARMA 1 did?

Seems like the public are fed up of the same old same old generic FPS "console" shooter.

maybe the PR and word of mouth and commercials are spreadin the word :)

I saw a Arma 2 flash ad at gamesradar site :yay:

the game is spreadin out :)

More money, more pathces and more expansion packs maybe :)

Realism? yea baby :butbut:

Yeah, if you shoot them... and look under the skirts... you see a pussy.

Ultra realistic.

Actually, to be quite honest, juging from the previews, both games seem very similar.

None of the Dragon Rising previews gave me the feeling it's anything similar to Battlefield.

Well i'm getting arma2 ofpdr is a joke been on there forum for months and after seeing red barrels (as real as it gets lol) i dont need to see anymore its arcade! arma2 is a milsim and thats what i'm in the market for so bohemia will get my money, your game looks great guys, nice work cheers

Well in one other forum 1 guy said to me this:

ArmA 2 is PC based game.

OFP 2 is console based game.

This means, even if they would make OFP 2 better than ArmA 2. -> OFP 2 will have lots of limitations that you dont have to worry in ArmA 2.

I'm getting both. I believe ArmA 2 suits me much better however.

if you haven't noticed, i'm in this community as well. have been for a while actually. that doesn't mean criticism is forbidden.

No where did I say or imply that it was, the assumption is all yours...

so? everybody knows BIS are talented developers and provide good and long-term support for their games. that's why people buy their products. that does, however, not mean that every single instant of criticism has to be instantly dismissed. parts of this community have had this attitude for a long time, and it's not helping anybody..

Mouth to ass ingratating remarks don't excuse what you're trying to do...

dude, if you haven't noticed, we're on the internetz. you don't criticise grammar and punctuation on the internet. period. and trust me, i know the english language.

No, we are on a privately owned and operated fourm that serves a multi-national audience where they ask you to post in English... My name is not 'dude'; you may call me 'Hoak', or 'Sir', or 'Captain' -- consider yourself fortunate to be acknowledged.

i do this for a living.

What troll forums, or write like a blithering idiot?

this is a public forum and it's well moderated. if people manage to remain here, they have every right to post. leave the rest to the mods.

No, this not a public forum, it's a privately owned forum, posting here is not a right it's a privlege. As for leaving the moderation of the fourms to the Moderators -- straw man accusations like that really don't vet your approach to any kind of constructive, intelligent, literate or reasonable discussion.

:(

Edited by Hoak

Hookers.
Great community.
Operation Flashpoint spirit? :D
Because ArmA 2 is the real OFP2 ;)
arma is obviously far superior because :

1. arma's fanbase is by far the most rabid bunch of rabies infected religious zealots who'll throw chicken wings at everyone and everything that as much as mentions any other game. I know, because I'm one of them.

and...

that's it.

QFT. Period.

Have you seen the new OFP2 ingame video? It's an awful arcade shooter like Call of Duty, not a sim.

You can only really appreciate BIS after you see what kind of crap other companies make :P

No no, I assure you can appreciate BIS'work without others crap. But let's say it's a pleasure to find BIS finishing the race in first position letting all others on the start line :D

Until OFPDR is released then a comparison cant be made,until then there isnt any thing to compare!

Actually, to be quite honest, juging from the previews, both games seem very similar.

None of the Dragon Rising previews gave me the feeling it's anything similar to Battlefield.

This is what I see though, after hosting and playing games such as Battlefield 1942 (and many other versions), Ravenshield and Cod4.....the OFPDR samples remind me of BF & CoD4.

Yet, I've also hosted OFP, and now a small private ArmA server.

No where in the OFPDR samples, that I can say ...hey, that reminds me of OFP.

Also, you can not fly. Only AIs can use air vehicles in Dragon Rising.

This is what I see though, after hosting and playing games such as Battlefield 1942 (and many other versions), Ravenshield and Cod4.....the OFPDR samples remind me of BF & CoD4.

Yet, I've also hosted OFP, and now a small private ArmA server.

No where in the OFPDR samples, that I can say ...hey, that reminds me of OFP.

It reminds an awful lot about BF2. The new in-game videos, makes it hard to distinguish from BF2, actually.. Except for better graphics.

Arma2 has an open topic on what is the difference and OpFlash2 dosnt have an open topic on what is the difference, it got closed. THATS TEH DIFFERNCE!@

OFP: DR haz dem red barrels dat explode. so darefor its the shiz.

EDIT: made grammar worse

Also, you can not fly. Only AIs can use air vehicles in Dragon Rising.

Are you serious? Where did you hear that? That's terrible.