Sign in to follow this  
bloodbomb

What does ARMA 2 have that Operation Flashpoint 2 doesn't?

Dead space is based on limb dismemberment! It must be the most realistic game in the world then!

Seriously dude? Your logic isn't correct at all. Your acting like limb dismemberment is the only thing that make a game realistic.

Using an example of a game not in the same category doesn't really throw the limb dismemberment argument off of the table. Regardless of ARMA 2 having limb dismemberment or not, I would still play it, but it is in fact more realistic. Saying that limb dismemberment (His point) is realistic is still a true statement. Edited by joethe33

Using an example of a game not in the same category doesn't really throw the limb dismemberment argument off of the table. Regardless of ARMA 2 having limb dismemberment or not, I would still play it, but it is in fact more realistic. Saying that limb dismemberment (His point) is realistic is still a true statement.

No, you don't get it.

He is saying that since DR has limb dismemberment it is "officially more realistic than arma2"

"does ARMA 2 have limb dismemberment? there goes your realism, OPF2 is now officially more realistic"

As in : Limb dismemberment is the ONLY thing that makes games realistic.

Now do you understand?

And i reply with the unrealistic (but fun) game called "dead space" and say that since IT has limb dismemberment... then IT must be the most realistic game in the world! Which is sarcasm if you didn't notice.

Edited by koroush47

What does Armed Assault 2 have that Operation Flashpoint 2 doesn't? [/b]

Easy! A known release date :D :yay:

"What does Armed Assault 2 have that Operation Flashpoint 2 doesn't?" Me playing it in 5 mins when the kettle has finished brewing hehe!

Limp dismemberment would raise the age restriction, and probably wouldn't be allowed in the German version as well as some other countries like Australia.

It's not a significant feature in a game like ArmA. Claiming another military game to be more realistic just because of that is just stupid.

If it were a game where dismemberment was a focus of the game or affected gameplay somehow then it would have some significance, a game like Dead Space. But this is a mil sim, not a horror action game.

This is the kind of abject, weird, sick arcade-fantasy FanBoy swill that focuses on some bizarre aesthetic detail, at the expense of any rational discussion of what's actually important in 'tactical realism' i.e.: realistic to-scale game-play. Like the kids on the OFP2 forums that belive U.S. Marines always load up their assault rifles with tracers (because it's in the trailers), even though there are seven non-coms and a commissioned U.S. Marine officer telling them otherwise... This sort of thing has the OFP2 forums on a voyage past the bottom of the barrel IMHO, and that it's not constructively moderated is a sign of where that game is not headed...

Dismemberment is not in any way critical to defining realism where the priority is realistic tactical combat; not superficial, obscene, and histrionic gore. While it is true people do get dismembered on a modern battlefield, it happens a hell of a lot less then some demented mind that revels in this crap might hope for -- people tend to stay in one piece no matter how horrifically they're beat up by modern munitions, sorry to piss on your parade of gratitous sickness...

:mad:

Edited by Hoak

And i reply with the unrealistic (but fun) game called "dead space" and say that since IT has limb dismemberment... then IT must be the most realistic game in the world! Which is sarcasm if you didn't notice.

It's more than that. It's a reductio ad absurdum argument, which is a fairly sophisticated logical critique of a premise.

Got to say the videos I have seen look pretty good on OFP. Looks as if the new engine is doing quite a bit for genre.

Until we get a demo or something concrete we really don't know how much they scaled back to make it a little easier of a game. I would not mind a Halo recharge type system in the game either. Opps the new E3 video says its true ... its got re-Chrage.

Edited by Majormauser

Dynamo;1298899']well i know for sure OFP-DR wont have this in it..

dont ask me how i got this.. lol

dont adjust you monitors' date=' this is exactly what is going on.[/quote']

Realism? yea baby :butbut:

Can someone put to a source that actually shows OFP2 being Battlefield-like or is just random stupidity by stupid ArmA fanbois?

Show me a video of a guy taking 3 shots in the chest and still standing, do that or stfu please.

Can someone put to a source that actually shows OFP2 being Battlefield-like or is just random stupidity by stupid ArmA fanbois?

Show me a video of a guy taking 3 shots in the chest and still standing, do that or stfu please.

Well if you come here to troll about ArmA II and proselytize OFP2 you had better be ready to take your lumps... That sort of behavior strikes me as more in line with "random stupidity" of a "fanboi" (your word choice not mine) then anyone here putting up with this rightous and misplaced OFP2 dreck... Move along, these aren't the Dorids you're looking for...

:rolleyes:

Dynamo;1298899']

dont ask me how i got this.. lol

Awww' date=' not fair, how did you get that I want some? Be a '[i']Team Player[/i]'!

:D

Edited by Hoak

I'm positive there will be many.........in due time. :sleepy:

Limp dismemberment would raise the age restriction, and probably wouldn't be allowed in the German version as well as some other countries like Australia.

It's not a significant feature in a game like ArmA. Claiming another military game to be more realistic just because of that is just stupid.

But this is a mil sim, not a horror action game.

join the military and step on a live grenade. tell me that all your limbs are still intact after that. infact, find the rest of your body parts laying around. realistic? i think so

Well if you come here to troll about ArmA II and proselytize OFP2 you had better be ready to take your lumps... That sort of behavior strikes me as more in line with "random stupidity" of a "fanboi" (your word choice not mine) then anyone here putting up with this rightous and misplaced OFP2 dreck... Move along, these aren't the Dorids you're looking for...

:rolleyes:

And baseless arguments is not?

I'm a BIS fan, but unlike you im not a CM hater.

I'm positive there will be many.........in due time. :sleepy:

Thats the same as saying "I'm positive your mother is fat", sure it may be the case but in reality you do not know. And how exactly does this answer help the OP? It doesn't, the only thing it may end up doing is making a decision that he may or may not regret. Because no matter what, nobody knows what game will come out as better until both games have been released. And to give BIS a fair change, when both games have been patched up. We all, despite how much we love BIS know how bugfree their game tends to be at release.

Edited by dotted

join the military and step on a live grenade. tell me that all your limbs are still intact after that. infact, find the rest of your body parts laying around. realistic? i think so

That completely misses the point of what I was saying. If you couldn't even figure it out, then this discussion wont go anywhere.

dotted?

Stop sounding like your new to the internet and pc gaming?

"sure, it may be the case"......gave you away, sir.

Personally I purchased ArmA I and I bought ArmA II the day it was released and although I do love the game in many aspects I still believe the multiplayer needs lots of improvement in terms of organization/task issuing and interface. Project Reality is a prime example of how a realistic combat game should play online (teamwork all the way). As for OPF2; I know it's too soon to judge, but from the video's out there it seems to be on the borderline of CoD4/BF2 with some realistic points.

Edited by Cheeseman

Q: "What does Armed Assault 2 have that Operation Flashpoint 2 doesn't? "

A: Open, dynamic campaign gameplay (sandbox approach like GTA), unlimited online coop, a huge community making new content to play with, the everlasting effort of the BIS developers to optimize ArmA2 for years to come

dude... sure limb dismemberment is realistic... BUT what these guys are saying that feature is not significant because it doesnt add much to the gameplay. How it doesnt add to the gameplay?

Let see, so you shoot a bazooka into the enemy and he blown up dead.. so do you:

a) woah.. cool effects. let see where his body parts went to.

b) move on, search for next target and continue with the mission.

most ppl here would chose (b) so, it doesnt matter if he blown up to million pieces or his body is intact. he's dead.

May your wish be granted.

iJHgupJ6MVg

The guy does take much more than 3 bullets, but it's on god mode for presentation purposes so don't judge by that.

However the fact that 1 shot kills you doesn't make the game instantly realistic. COD 4 is a staring example.

That video is a bit of an embarrassment but I found one good thing about it which was dirt thrown off by bullets hitting player's eyes. Other than that it is BF2 all the way, the terrain especially looks terribly artificial.

LOL, we all took the bait! As crummy as the moderation is on the OFP2 forums they don't allow this sort of thing...

258trollspray.jpg

Edited by Hoak

dotted?

Stop sounding like your new to the internet and pc gaming?

"sure, it may be the case"......gave you away, sir.

How does not being pre-judgemental make you new to the tubes? But fact is still, you don't know what OFP:DR is gonna be like.

Deadfast: You have a point, but isn't the same thing more or less possible in ArmA aswell? I mean you can break a leg or whatever, in ArmA, and if there is a medic nearby he can patch up back to normal in a few seconds. Both equally unrealistic.