Sign in to follow this  
bloodbomb

What does ARMA 2 have that Operation Flashpoint 2 doesn't?

Healing serious injuries in Arma 2 takes a long time and it happened very often to me that the medic got shot during healing process. Those are the moments where you would like to have a suicide option as the only thing that you can do is waiting for death.

It´s not like 1..2...3.. patched up, ready to go. Serious injuries are portrayed as such in Arma 2. It´s also interesting that I sometimes have the feeling that injuries can´t be healed 100 percent, represented by weapon sway after a serious injury that has been cured, but this could also be a wrong impression from me.

About limbs. Incorporating such would put the game on cencorship in a lot of countries while it has nothing to offer for tactical gameplay. It´simply contained in some games to get media attention or attract infantile customers who think that things like that are sooo cool. I don´t need such in a "game" as I don´t see any value for such for the gaming experience. But this discussion is useless anyway. We´ve had it before and the result was the same every time.

There are gore-hogs and there are war-hogs. :pet7:

It´s also interesting that I sometimes have the feeling that injuries can´t be healed 100 percent, represented by weapon sway after a serious injury that has been cured, but this could also be a wrong impression from me.

Yea I noticed that, you can go to a medic to get him to finish the job when that happens.

Affirm, medics will heal you much better than average Joe applying first aid

Evidently Codemasters' racing pedigree runs thick in the blood across its studio, as the automotive analogy is extended. For less skilled players there are a series of assists that work much the same as driving aids work in a racing game: this way, the AI – one of the game's strongest suits – is never compromised and instead players are given more tools to deal with the headstrong opposition. Masochists, of which this genre seems a magnet, need not pain themselves for fear of the game's dumbing down; for Operation Flashpoint's hardcore fanbase, it's possible to play with assists off, the interface reduced to a minimum with even the crosshair absent.

Doesn't seem like Battlefield after all.

Two things about DR that i've noticed

1 - Most of the screenshots look fake on the website (35 onwards)

2 - There is no information

The whole reason i changed to Arma is becuase they showed me something that actually exists and has been thought about, not some videos and screens.

Edited by benjellio

You can only really appreciate BIS after you see what kind of crap other companies make :P

I've gotta agree here 100%, for all of OFP/ArmA/ArmA II's faults, there just isnt another company that makes a game at the level, it truly is a different genre of game.

Evidently Codemasters' racing pedigree runs thick in the blood across its studio, as the automotive analogy is extended. For less skilled players there are a series of assists that work much the same as driving aids work in a racing game: this way, the AI – one of the game's strongest suits – is never compromised and instead players are given more tools to deal with the headstrong opposition. Masochists, of which this genre seems a magnet, need not pain themselves for fear of the game's dumbing down; for Operation Flashpoint's hardcore fanbase, it's possible to play with assists off, the interface reduced to a minimum with even the crosshair absent.

Doesn't seem like Battlefield after all.

Or in english: The game is focused on arcade and those few idiots who liked the original can play with their "hardcore" mode.

What does ArmA2 have over DR? Me dressed up a priest, nuff said!

moiclothed.jpg

Go to gametrailers.com and watch OF2: DR E3 Dev walkthrough videos. You will get Your answers why You should buy ArmA2. Lets those two quotes from the dev comentary speaks for those videos -

'' Ive taken the hit to my head, its nothing sirious but i am bleading badly''

"I'm gona take this radar station out, as we expected its heavy defended. However ther's a little red barrel there and we know what red barrels do, they blow up." - just after that the Guy shots this "red barrel" which causes huge fireball explosion completly leveling radar station.

Before I saw those vide i though I'll buy both ArmA2 and OF2 : DR but now i think I'll skip OF2.

Edited by Kirq

Go to gametrailers.com and watch OF2: DR E3 Dev walkthrough videos. You will get Your answers why You should buy ArmA2. Lets this quote from the dev comentary speak for those videos -'' Ive taken the hit to my head, its nothing sirious but i am bleading badly''

Yeah, then i have this medkit, and in three seconds im okay again.

May your wish be granted.

iJHgupJ6MV

The guy does take much more than 3 bullets, but it's on god mode for presentation purposes so don't judge by that.

However the fact that 1 shot kills you doesn't make the game instantly realistic. COD 4 is a staring example.

Are you 100% Sure it was god mode and not a Re-Charging type health system. I think the later.

Edited by Placebo

join the military and step on a live grenade. tell me that all your limbs are still intact after that. infact, find the rest of your body parts laying around. realistic? i think so

Well ya they would be like chicklets all over. But that still does not forgive the fact that if it was in there half the world would not be able to play because it may get banned.

Majormauser please remove image/YT tags when quoting.

Or in english: The game is focused on arcade and those few idiots who liked the original can play with their "hardcore" mode.

ArmA 2 has arcade mode aswell, on lowest difficulty you have several assists one of them is lighting up every single NPC or Vehicle in-game, green for friend, red for foe.

But let me guess, that doesn't count?

OFP2 has lots of these:

trollglf.jpg

And it's not even out yet... Should we be jealous?

:j:

Edited by Hoak

OFP2 has lots of these:

troll.jpg

And it's not even out yet... Should we be jealous?

If anything im the guy that try's to make the ArmA community a little less contradicting. Because a lot of the complaints i have seen is about stuff that ArmA 2 has aswell. So good game.

Again, I don't get it.

1 fact : I love and enjoy A2, provided BI continues working on it (and they sure do)

Why should I now diss OFP-DR? There's no valid reason, we don't have enough info for proper judgement, and dissing it just "because it's not ArmA or BI", meh, isn't that pointless? If we end up with 2 awesome games, all the best for us!

I agree, but this isn't the OFP2 forum, and some in this thread have gone of the deep end with the prosyletizing...

:rolleyes:

here's what's funny about parts of this community:

you criticise ArmA 2 because it has bugs. people here get all riled up and go like: "have you even played the game????" or "play the game first!!!11!!" or "i wait for the proper release before i judge."

however, the same standards don't seem to apply to other games, such as OpF2.

how about we all wait until the game is actually ready for release and playable before we even comment on what it does better or worse than ArmA 2?

Codemasters don't exactly have a track record of screwing up their games.

here's what's funny about parts of this community:

Oh good lord, here it comes...

you criticise ArmA 2 because it has bugs.

Yes, these are the ArmA II forums, it's one of the reasons they're here, the criticism is constructive, BI has a proven track record of supporting their games and responding to their Fan's concerns (where that's reasonable)...

people here get all riled up and go like: "have you even played the game????" or "play the game first!!!11!!" or "i wait for the proper release before i judge."

People here "go like"? Were you taught grammar and punctuation like this in school? Do you like my remarks about your awful grammer, and punctuation? Well that's sort of how people feel about OFP2 FanBoys coming to the ArmA II forums and criticising things they don't even make an effort to understand.

however, the same standards don't seem to apply to other games, such as OpF2.

Why should they? This is the forum for Armed Assault II, these are Fans of that game, OFP2 Fans came here, and asked for these opinions, ArmA II Fans didn't go to the OFP2 forums and solicit them...

how about we all wait until the game is actually ready for release and playable before we even comment on what it does better or worse than ArmA 2?

How about you get the OFP2 Fans to stop coming here and asking for opinions they don't want to hear?

Codemasters don't exactly have a track record of screwing up their games.

*Cough*

Edited by Hoak

This is the forum for Armed Assault II

Ah Mr. Nit Picker, don't nit pick you can be picked yourself!

There is no such thing as Armed Assault II.

But other than that, you know you say BIS has a track record of responding to player concerns, well hello there over sensitive HDR, and welcome to forced motion-blur too. You'd have thought they would atleast give us the option to turn the damn thing off in ArmA 2, but nooo.

And feel free to check my join date, just in case your under the delusion that i dont understand arma, i've been here for 5 years and started playing OFP when Red Hammer was out, pre-ordered ArmA back in the day and have pre-ordered ArmA 2, srsly what troll or OFP2 fanboy would do this?

No you guys have been brain washed to such a state that you simply cant grasp the idea of potential cometition, and try to dismiss everything by calling on every single negative point that may be said about a game but neglecting the fact that much of the same is presnt in their own game of choice.

Why should they? This is the forum for Armed Assault II, these are Fans of that game, OFP2 Fans came here, and asked for these opinions, ArmA II Fans didn't go to the OFP2 forums and solicit them...

for these part i dont agree, there is some kids who happens to liked ARMA2 and go to CM forums and start a troll war, shame really:(

Oh good lord, here it comes...

if you haven't noticed, i'm in this community as well. have been for a while actually. that doesn't mean criticism is forbidden.

Yes, these are the ArmA II forums, it's one of the reasons they're here, the criticism is constructive, BI has a proven track record of supporting their games and responding to their Fan's concerns (where that's reasonable)...

so? everybody knows BIS are talented developers and provide good and long-term support for their games. that's why people buy their products. that does, however, not mean that every single instant of criticism has to be instantly dismissed. parts of this community have had this attitude for a long time, and it's not helping anybody.

People here "go like"? Were you taught grammar and punctuation like this in school? Do you like my remarks about your awful grammer, and punctuation?

dude, if you haven't noticed, we're on the internetz. you don't criticise grammar and punctuation on the internet. period. and trust me, i know the english language. i do this for a living.

oh, grow up. :j: do we now have to flame each other over what game might be better? jesus, just because someone flames ArmA you don't have to give in and flame back. that leads nowhere - fast.

How about you get the OFP2 Fans to stop coming here and asking for opinions they don't want to hear?

why, golly, i didn't know i run this place. :j: this is a public forum and it's well moderated. if people manage to remain here, they have every right to post. leave the rest to the mods.